Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

Cavauro posted:

post them before it's too late but don't post any more of that fucker jon moxley

dang that was supposed to be an appeasement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
1. Penta El Zero M
2. Brian Danielson
3. Bandido
4. Orange Cassidy
5. Konosuke Takeshita
6. Will Ospreay
7. Swerve Strickland
8. Keith Lee
9. Hangman Page
10. Dax Harwood

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

1. Shingo Takagi
2. Kenny Omega
3. Jay White
4. Eddie Kingston
5. Will Ospreay
6. Miyu Yamashita
7. Kenoh
8. Miu Watanabe
9. El Lindaman
10. PAC

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
10. Brody King
9. Rush
8. Orange Cassidy
7. Jon Moxley
6. Darby Allin
5. Chris Jericho
4. Rey Fenix
3. Hikaru Shida
2. Jamie Hayter
1. Penta El Zero M

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

10. Sami Zayn- I can really appreciate how he's kept himself relevant in the overwhelming presence of the Bloodline on both shows.

9. Jon Moxley- Was basically the rock and the ace of AEW, sacrificing his own personal time and ego to keep AEW stable in a time of turmoil with his championship reign and everything he did afterwards.

8. Orange Cassidy- Had great matches with Osperey at Forbidden Door, Shibata and PAC this past year for the All Atlantic Title that lead into some really fun title defenses.

7. Jamie Hayter - By sheer force of will and her effort in all her matches, she became so likable as a character and a wrestler, and eventually champion.

6. Miu Watanabe- More than just the strongest member of the Up Up Girls, she showed a lot of heart earlier in the year going up and having a great showing against Shoko Nakajima, Miyu Yamashita and Yuka Sakazaki in one tournament. Her talent was rewarded when she finally won a singles title this year, International Princess Champion.

5. Ishii. No notes.

4. Swerve Strickland. Hate him or Love him, he was smooth in the ring.

3. Eddie Kingston.

2. Takeshita. He came like a ball of fire last year in AEW, getting the crowd around him with such impressive wrestling. I hope he gets a title soon.

1. Bryan Danielson.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
J-Ru spammed everywhere. I tend to avoid rankings like this because I feel unqualified to make them and I just don't want to give a poor answer when I don't have the knowledge of like a forkboy or Penguin. But J-Ru is insistent so based entirely on who I would jump at the chance to see work a match in person if i heard they were coming and literally no other information was available:

10. Vikingo
9. Miyu Yamashita
8. Bryan Danielson
7. Shingo Takagi
6. Rey Fenix
5. Keith Lee
4. Jamie Hayter
3. WALTER/GUNTHER
2. Will Ospreay
1. Eddie Kingston

Probably a weird justification for a favourite, but if you take someone for granted and not feel HOLY gently caress THEY'RE COMING it feels a bit more just who i liked in the last year. Eddie's been doing nearly nothing for a year but if he was coming here tomorrow i'd be there in an instant.

I wanted to include more people that don't even apply, like Minoru Suzuki who is mostly gone, or others stuck in the fed, like Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens, but settled that the only fed guy who i would be like cracking my ethics at would be a chance to see WALTER go nuts on someone. He's been in the fed years now and i still call him WALTER and unlike most lost in the pit he's succeeded - yeah he's no longer our Austrian baby monster as he got svelte but somehow they left his in ring style in tact and he's just as good now as he was. They didn't even tone him down like Bryan Danielson had to.

And Will the Thrill is just the Billy Goat. Vikingo and Rey Fenix might do things you've never seen before but Will does things that should not be done and makes them look so god drat easy. Its unfair how good he is.

Writing this I realised I preference more than "best in the world" like not including Omega, Hangman, The Bucks, Okada etc. that my favourites are people who will never ever ever half rear end anything. House show dives are fine and I get it but all my favourites are people who could be on the biggest stage, on a TV match, or on a dark match, or a gym, and would go broke going insane for the love of it. Its why Eddie tops the list because out of any other wrestler he will be Eddie no matter where he is and you get the full experience, Will Ospreay seems incapable of working any match in the world without trying to be the best match you've ever seen, and WALTER is the WALTER experience.

The other seven are all that too. If you hear they're going to be on a show it is going to be a loving show.

#11 was Ishii and it really really hurt. Last year might be the first in gently caress how long he didn't have a five star match and because of booking he had to be in there with like EVIL and Chase Owens all year. Hearing Ishii is coming is a hell yeah. But given how Ishii has been used they managed to find opponents even he couldn't make work.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Yes, more Top Tens, more!

Just want to make sure I'm not mixing anybody up, this is the Mistico currently wrestling under the name in CMLL, who went by Caristico and Myzteziz for awhile, and was the first Sin Cara in WWE, correct?

Correct, the only true leftist in wrestling.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
1 yoshihiko ddt age ??
2 early morning guy steele gcw age ??
3 logan paul wwe 27
4 master heater jado njpw 54
5 shane mcmahon wwe 53
6 no more bs paul wight aew 50
7 shanky wwe 31
8 johnny knoxville wwe 51
9 Bryan Alvarez gcw/blp 47
10 SCRYPTS wwe 29

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 24, 2023

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Last minute list, no thoughts, head empty

10. Danhausen
9. Keith Lee
8. Chris Jericho
7. Eddie Kingston
6. Orange Cassidy
5. Claudio
4. Swerve Strickland
3. Kenny Omega
2. Jon Moxley
1. Bryan Danielson

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

1 yoshihiko ddt age ??
2 early morning guy steele gcw age ??
3 logan paul wwe 27
4 master heater jado njpw 54
5 shane mcmahon wwe 53
6 no more bs paul wight aew 50
7 shanky wwe 31
8 johnny knoxville wwe 51
9 Bryan Alvarez gcw/blp 47
10 SCRYPTS wwe 29

hell yah brother i forgot all about EMGS and im regretting it big style atm.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Quick and dirty list

10 - Kauzchika Okada
9 - Jon Moxley
8 - Hikaru Shida
7 - Great O'Khan
6 - Orange Cassidy
5 Jamie Hayter
4- Tomohiro Ishii
3 - Shingo Takagi
2 ZSJ
1 - El Desperado (The death match with Jun Kasai clinched this)

HM to Taichi Douki

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Lid posted:

I tend to avoid rankings like this because I feel unqualified to make them and I just don't want to give a poor answer when I don't have the knowledge of like a forkboy or Penguin.
This is a sentiment i see posted a lot here

This is a favorite wrestler poll, it has nothing to do with who is good, it's things like what you just described, who makes you most excited to tune into on TV/streaming, or how they you feel when they wrestle. If you don't know somebody's work, they necessarily can't be your favorite (yet!)

Basically JRu is spamming because :justpost:

And your opinions matter, no matter your exposure to the wider wrestling world!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Who was doing the favourite tag team poll? I just want to put the Briscoes in the top 5 already.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i need some more lists before time runs out, but whatever you do you'd better not vote for that drat bastard Jon Moxley!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I hope you don't see whom I put at no. 2 in my top 10 list.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lid posted:

J-Ru spammed everywhere. I tend to avoid rankings like this because I feel unqualified to make them and I just don't want to give a poor answer when I don't have the knowledge of like a forkboy or Penguin. But J-Ru is insistent so based entirely on who I would jump at the chance to see work a match in person if i heard they were coming and literally no other information was available:

This is funny to me because this is exactly how I feel about other forums, like PWO. I just don't engage with wrestling on the same level as them, thinking about the minutiae. I'm very much vibes & cool poo poo influenced and never felt confident in articulating that.

Where as SA is just :justpost: so I do. So should you!

Anyway, I really like seeing who everyone likes to watch, how it changes year to year. It's cool & interesting.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

1. Toru Yano
2. Taichi
3. Jon Moxley
4. Jay White
5. Bryan Danielson
6. Konosuke Takeshita
7. Eddie Kingston
8. Hangman Page
9. Jamie Hayter
10. Kaito Kiyomiya

Venomous fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jan 24, 2023

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I didn't realize this thread existed until late last night, so my list may have been slightly different if I had given it a lot more thought, but the top 4 I'm pretty certain of.

1. Bryan Danielson (AEW) - The best wrestler in the world, maybe the best wrestler ever.
2. Orange Cassidy (AEW) - One of the best characters in pro wrestling, and at the same time a great wrestler. The only slightly bad thing is that the new theme isn't as good as the old one.
3. Colt Cabana (AEW/ROH) - Old Man Punk may have gotten him fired, but the locker room still had his back. If your creative team doesn't have anything for Colt Cabana, then maybe creative should be the one who gets fired.
4. Wheeler Yuta (AEW) - I was a fan of Yoots even when he was the Best Friends jobber, joining Blackpool Combat Club has made the rest of the world see how good he is.
5. Claudio Castagnoli (AEW/ROH) - Who doesn't love Claudio?
6. Kris Statlander (AEW) - I miss the alien gimmick, but Statlander is great and will be back better than ever.
7. John Silver (AEW) - I hope there is a singles push waiting for the meat man sometime in the future.
8. Danhausen (AEW) - Like OC he is a guy who just knows his character 100%, and he gets to make a lot of money without wearing down his body.
9. Dante Martin (AEW) - Always looks like someone just kicked his puppy, amazing high flyer.
10. Kyle O'Reilly (AEW) - Became a fan after his performance in the Owen Hart Cup tournament, look forward to seeing what he does once he gets back.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Just gonna post this and never think about it again and definitely not change my mind about every single choice

10. Toni Storm
9. Sami Zayn
8. MJF
7. Bryan Danielson
6. Anthony Bowens
5. Orange Cassidy
4. Swerve Strickland
3. Hangman Adam Page
2. Jamie Hayter
1. Jon Moxley

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Didn't rate tag teams, but HM to Acclaimed, Swerve/Lee, FTR, and Dem Boys.

10. Jamie Hayter -- Coming into her own.

9. Ishii -- Always fun when he pops up.

8. Orange Cassidy -- King of good vibes.

7. Britt Baker -- Still the face of AEW's women division.

6. Bryan Danielson -- Just out there rasslin good.

5. Will Ospreay -- Incredible.

4. Kenny Omega -- Would be higher if he hadn't been injured.

3. Darby Allin -- Memorable matches and can do so much more than just big bumps.

2. Jon Moxley -- The rock AEW needed.

1. Chris Jericho -- Best work of his entire career.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

SatoshiMiwa posted:

1 - El Desperado (The death match with Jun Kasai clinched this)

Is there any place where I can view this without extreme difficulty or theft?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Veryslightlymad posted:

Is there any place where I can view this without extreme difficulty or theft?

I've got it timestamped to right before the walkouts. You should watch those, just for Despy in the ring rocking out to Kasai's music, it's cute

Amazing match though, beautiful, visceral, all the emotions. Deathmatch wrestling at its absolute peak

I'm pretty sure it's up on NJPW World if you have a sub for that, but VK has a better search than NJPW World so...

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
1. Hangman Adam Page (AEW)
2. Zack Sabre Jr. (NJPW)
3. Bryan Danielson (AEW)
4. Eddie Kingston (AEW)
5. Kazuchika Okada (NJPW)
6. Sami Zayn (WWE)
7. Jon Moxley (AEW)
8. PAC (AEW)
9. Daniel Garcia (AEW)
10. Kevin Owens (WWE)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's almost over now. this is your last chance to put up a list of wrestlers names that you always like to do. every day you write out a list of wrestlers on here and delete it. well today's the day to submit that reply instead. but you better not have jon moxley on there or else

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cavauro posted:

it's almost over now. this is your last chance to put up a list of wrestlers names that you always like to do. every day you write out a list of wrestlers on here and delete it. well today's the day to submit that reply instead. but you better not have jon moxley on there or else

My list was Moxley free :hai:

...Unless HMs count? :ohdear:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Cavauro posted:

But what if Jon Moxley is my fav wrestler?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Been waffling back and forth over this but if I don't post it now I'm going to not have it done in time and end up regretting it.

10) Mandy Rose
9) Jade Cargill
8) 'Hangman' Adam Page
7) Maki Itoh
6)Jon Moxley
5) Athena
4) Kidd Bandit
3) Takeshita
2) Bryan Danielson
1) Jamie Hayter

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

else

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I would like to propose that "Takeshita" on Vandar's list refer to soup boy's mom, Keiko Takeshita, who won the Ironmanheavymetalweight title last year.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

karmicknight posted:

I would like to propose that "Takeshita" on Vandar's list refer to soup boy's mom, Keiko Takeshita, who won the Ironmanheavymetalweight title last year.

Y'know what I wouldn't be entirely unopposed. :v:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I do not see any rule that says a dog cannot play basketball, and i do not see any rule that says someone cannot make a list of jon moxley 10 times

Activia
Apr 13, 2022

Goal: some kind of neat moth
I’ve only been watching AEW regularly, but AEW has so many good wrestlers! Just off the top of my head I came up with almost twenty names and there’s still people I like that got left out

1. Eddie Kingston
2. Orange Cassidy
3. Bryan Danielson
4. Jamie Hayter
5. Jon Moxley
6. Max Caster
7. Penta el zero
8. Hikaru Shida
9. Willow Nightingale
10. Danhausen

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

poo poo I FORGOT WILLOW AND DANHAUSEN

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's about 35 minutes left. get your list in now to be the cool last person.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6_KooLMwvM

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Big Dave posted:

all 102 views on this video are from me watching it over and over since posting time

150 more views from big dave

davius_xw
Aug 23, 2021
10 - Komander
9 - Jamie Hayter
8 - "Speedball" Mike Bailey
7 - Jon Moxley
6 - Orange Cassidy
5 - Tomohiro Ishii
4 - Mei Suruga
3 - Bryan Danielson
2 - Will Ospreay
1 - Konosuke Takeshita

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Cavauro posted:

150 more views from big dave

Clicking through and seeing Juice Robinson beat Kairi Sane is a war crime. 2019 goons you should be ashamed.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
You are right, nobody should have voted for someone who was trapped in the hell dimension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's about 35 minutes left. get your list in now to be the cool last person.