Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have like 20,000 microsoft reward points and i tried to go and redeem them once and all i can get is stupid poo poo like a fortnite skin or a month of xbox live. i want something useful like a microsoft hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
a $10 giftcard for amazon, uber eats, grubhub or doordash is less than that i think. they're not all the same amount of points but i definitely have less than that

they also have $20+ but idk how many points they go for offhand

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

Sweevo posted:

edge is just internet explorer 12

think about running IE6 twice, that's edge

The GM Twin Six of browsers.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

a pretty cool edge feature is where you switch to another microsoft account profile in the browser, then go to like outlook.com, and it pops up a modal dialog that asks if maybe you want to switch back to your initial profile to log in. very mindful of my needs.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I like the Onedrive integration on my work machine. it seems that the documents folder is mapped to the OneDrive folder, even though the actual Documents folder still exists. And I can't attach a powerpoint file from that folder to an email, it won't let me drag and drop it from that folder, and attaching it from the menu also doesn't work because it complains that the file is open. Just next level genius poo poo.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

they're give you COUPONS!!

oh boy, someone alert that lonely mod from the coupons forum who's been at it for years

mystes
May 31, 2006

akadajet posted:

oh boy, someone alert that lonely mod from the coupons forum who's been at it for years
Dr. Eldarion retired as a mod like a year ago

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

mystes posted:

Dr. Eldarion retired as a mod like a year ago

https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=19614
he's still posting the deals though. bless him

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

lol he listed amazon n95s as a deal, love to get ppe that doesn't work

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/cjamcmahon/status/1613138057276063745

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

ppe that doesn't work

don't doxx me

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

lol he listed amazon n95s as a deal, love to get ppe that doesn't work

he listed 3M N95 masks on amazon. what's the problem with them?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4021490&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post528956625

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Some Teams features are going to be locked behind a new Premium tier:
https://www.theregister.com/2023/01/11/teams_premium_more_expensive/

quote:

As Microsoft's licensing guide clarifies: "some Teams features will move from Teams licenses to Teams Premium licenses." Those features are:
Live translated captions;
Timeline markers in Teams meeting recordings for when a user left or joined meetings;
Custom organization Together mode scenes;
Virtual Appointments - SMS notifications;
Virtual Appointments - Organizational analytics in the Teams admin center;
Virtual Appointments - Scheduled queue view.
Oh no.

mystes
May 31, 2006

For a second I thought that was saying all captions/transcripts would be a premium feature but if not I don't care

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

amazon's warehouses don't separate skus off of supplier and there's not a shortage of places claiming to be selling 3m ppe nowadays. it's a crapshoot of whether you get a counterfeit or not

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol we just got some office update and now outlook tries to autocomplete short replies to emails. just loving lmao.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Chris Knight posted:

lol we just got some office update and now outlook tries to autocomplete short replies to emails. just loving lmao.

a big email from management detailing tasks and asking for opinions

outlook answer: Okay, thank you.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Chris Knight posted:

weve had that for a few months and it sucks rear end

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Chris Knight posted:

there are two settings you have to turn off to fully disable that.

click file -> options then open up mail. uncheck this box

then click editor options, advanced, and uncheck this box:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Chris Knight posted:

they added this to teams a while back and its just as stupid. someone got a management mandate to "add AI to office to improve productivity" and this is the result

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

time to get ten jobs, all handled by just hitting tab and send without even hooking up a monitor.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

there are two settings you have to turn off to fully disable that.

click file -> options then open up mail. uncheck this box

then click editor options, advanced, and uncheck this box:

I just answered the survey by checking all the boxes and "don't show me again"

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
outlook autocomplete ai becomes sentient and responds to all incoming messages with “turn on your monitor, lol”

Best Bi Geek Squid fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 18, 2023

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Chris Knight posted:

yeah thats been in the web app for ages, but i dont remember seeing it in the desktop app

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

just noticed the "Office 365" app on windows has a new icon and has been renamed to "Microsoft 365 (Office)" lmao

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Pile Of Garbage posted:

just noticed the "Office 365" app on windows has a new icon and has been renamed to "Microsoft 365 (Office)" lmao
i wonder how many total hours of incredibly expensive labor went into the final decision to select that name and that icon. ten thousand? twenty thousand? more?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
turn 365 degrees and walk away imo

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Pile Of Garbage posted:

2022: Office 365
2023: Microsoft 365 (Office)
2024: 365 Office for Windows
2025: Live 365 Office
2026: Microsoft 365 Live Office
2027: Office Live 365 Powered by Microsoft Windows

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

evergreen: https://wheany.com/ms-branding/

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

does ms use the "live" branding anymore besides xbox live?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

nope. not even xbox live p sure that's just xbox now. or rather it's game pass pc and game pass xbox. or something

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Pile Of Garbage posted:

nope. not even xbox live p sure that's just xbox now. or rather it's game pass pc and game pass xbox. or something

oh wow, missed that they rebranded it from live

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUXnJraKM3k

mystes
May 31, 2006

I genuinely kind of miss the microsoft packaging from that era

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvX3laQlg14

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

have you considered...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvX3laQlg14 ??

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sweevo posted:

2022: Office 365
2023: Microsoft 365 (Office)
2024: 365 Office for Windows
2025: Live 365 Office
2026: Microsoft 365 Live Office
2027: Office Live 365 Powered by Microsoft Windows
2020 was the Office 365 to Microsoft 365 rebrand

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

2020 is when their journey started. only now is it confusing consumers and me at work (im pooping here!!!)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
need Office for Azure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

their current trend is about making sure that you know that the poo poo you use is microsoft so they'll prolly turn "Azure" into "Microsoft Azure" or maybe "Microsoft presents Azure"