Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

emf posted:

lol

i used to have a couple of friends who listed to really great music when we'd be hanging out at one of their places and then i found out their entire collections were based on how well the recording and mastering were reported to be so that they could really "experience" the sound of a callous finger slide on a guitar string and "immerse" themselves in the various sounds of breathing; discernible thanks to their expensive tweeters. lots of white-people jazz and acoustic stuff

they mostly liked just listening to classic rock on the radio

you know my dad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Achmed Jones posted:

nah he's listening to iggy azalea, weeping, and jerking

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

https://twitter.com/matthfield/status/1617627417782398976

when musk dies in his eventual car crash it's gonna be 50-50 if it was the fsd or king chuck trying to send musk to diana

throw him in the tower!

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

emf posted:

lol

i used to have a couple of friends who listed to really great music when we'd be hanging out at one of their places and then i found out their entire collections were based on how well the recording and mastering were reported to be so that they could really "experience" the sound of a callous finger slide on a guitar string and "immerse" themselves in the various sounds of breathing; discernible thanks to their expensive tweeters. lots of white-people jazz and acoustic stuff

theres a disturbing overlap between Steely Dan appreciators and audiophiles unfortunately.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

theres a disturbing overlap between Steely Dan appreciators and audiophiles unfortunately.

there's also the opposite like henry rollins who listens to punk 7" mastered on a cassette 4 track on his half million dollar wilson/mcintosh system

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

i was about to mention, lol yeah. to audiophiles steely dan is the best band ever

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
she's got an onlyfans, so no listening needed

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Chris Knight posted:

she's got an onlyfans, so no listening needed

"its time for her to listen to elon"

:barf: lol

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

the intersection there is "dads" fyi

Mahatma Goonsay
Jun 6, 2007
Yum

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

listening to pretzel logic right now, so this checks out.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
bad speakers and a piña colada my friend

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

i assure you there is a huge segment of the audiophile + steely dan appreciator population who are definitely not dads

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

emf posted:

lol

I have a playlist like this for audio testing. it is truly an experience to listen to when you have a sound system that can reproduce it well. but it’s not something I would listen to normally.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jonny 290 posted:

i was about to mention, lol yeah. to audiophiles steely dan is the best band ever

i have aja on hand just to demo my amp/speakers

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

infernal machines posted:

i have aja on hand just to demo my amp/speakers
the nightfly is even more pristinely engineered than aja so you should upgrade to that

also you have to wear this hat when you demo it:

from the foot of mount belzoni!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

when i wanna test poo poo i use bitches brew. i need to figure out a standard for bass-heavy stuff though

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

qirex posted:

there's also the opposite like henry rollins who listens to punk 7" mastered on a cassette 4 track on his half million dollar wilson/mcintosh system
Doing strange and questionable things at extreme intensity is kinda his thing

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Achmed Jones posted:

when i wanna test poo poo i use bitches brew. i need to figure out a standard for bass-heavy stuff though

typing gabber into kazaa

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Achmed Jones posted:

bohren und der club of gore - dolores

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

mine is the ill skillz remix of concord dawn's "take me away"

if you want something more accessible "get low" has major thump for a pop song

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Achmed Jones posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RNMAUbdB68

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzoZgPJ5wMA

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

infernal machines posted:

i have aja on hand because aja rules

you should test your speakers with your favorite album or whatever though, i typically listen to house/disco

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i do, i have aja as a bit of a joke, because of its reputation

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Share Bear posted:

you should test your speakers with your favorite album or whatever though, i typically listen to house/disco

good choices imo

I finally set my speakers up properly and the live album version of this is super good. that guitar solo :swoon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_ZbiN6K8NM
(the sound on this one is a bit off obvs)

I use a cinema amp for music though :evilbuddy:

inset
Sep 20, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Achmed Jones posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiusDE0KND8

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

wow twitter's timeline/for you really is complete poo poo now

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
oh good
https://twitter.com/josephmenn/status/1617911426450100224

Though Twitter’s then-leaders had said the number of people who had access to such powerful tools had been cut in 2020, the new whistleblower complaint says the GodMode code remains on the laptop of any engineer who wants it. All they would have to do is change a line of the code from FALSE to TRUE and run it from a production machine that they could reach through an easily accessible communications protocol known as SSH.

“Twitter does not have the capability to log which, if any, engineers use or abuse GodMode,” the complaint says.

The complaint includes screenshots of the code in question. The program line that allows a GodMode user to delete tweets contains the capitalized comment: “THINK BEFORE YOU DO THIS.”

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

can't wait to see a twitt from musk saying "feature has been disabled and everyone responsible was let go"

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

oh good
https://twitter.com/josephmenn/status/1617911426450100224

Though Twitter’s then-leaders had said the number of people who had access to such powerful tools had been cut in 2020, the new whistleblower complaint says the GodMode code remains on the laptop of any engineer who wants it. All they would have to do is change a line of the code from FALSE to TRUE and run it from a production machine that they could reach through an easily accessible communications protocol known as SSH.

“Twitter does not have the capability to log which, if any, engineers use or abuse GodMode,” the complaint says.

The complaint includes screenshots of the code in question. The program line that allows a GodMode user to delete tweets contains the capitalized comment: “THINK BEFORE YOU DO THIS.”

lol

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

https://twitter.com/IslesFGC/status/1617597604682162177

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

go play outside Skyler posted:

can't wait to see a twitt from musk grimes saying "feature has been disabled and everyone responsible was let go"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

godmode disabled, fraudmode enabled

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

FAUXTON posted:

godmode disabled, fraudmode enabled

Time for a new thread title.

But

"THINK BEFORE YOU DO THIS"

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://twitter.com/michaelehayden/status/1617876785684967426

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

tapbots dropped their masto client and it's all the good parts of tweetbot but with more trunk and less musk :toot:

edit: coming in hard with the custom icons

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TerminalRaptor posted:

Time for a new thread title.

But

"THINK BEFORE YOU DO THIS"

If I thought before posting it wouldn't be genuine

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

twitter copying uber with a god-mode view for their application is fantastic...

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

lol remember when the poker site ultimatebet.com had a "god mode" that let you see other people's cards?

and then SBF hired the guy that did it as chief regulatory officer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

there must be an IDDQD here somewhere

Agile Vector posted:

tapbots dropped their masto client and it's all the good parts of tweetbot but with more trunk and less musk :toot:

edit: coming in hard with the custom icons

gonna try this

e: ah gently caress it's iOS only

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jan 24, 2023