Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

stayed up late drinking and reading a book 🤠 some regrets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

drinking is enjoyable but I can’t sleep well after drinking. so I’m not right now because I’m tired

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Yeah drinking wrecks your REM cycles hard. Was probably the hardest part of adjusting back to sober living for me, definitely the hardest physical part. Don't think I got a real good night's sleep for like, 3 months or so.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Yeah drinking wrecks your REM cycles hard. Was probably the hardest part of adjusting back to sober living for me, definitely the hardest physical part. Don't think I got a real good night's sleep for like, 3 months or so.

I can’t even fall asleep if I drink too much. it’s just tossing and turning

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

akadajet posted:

then you haven't drank enough

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

i’m not tired

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Roosevelt posted:

this.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

you release cortisol to counteract the depressant effect of alcohol but this can last longer than being drunk

so lying there, in the morning, hungover as heck, and the stress hormone is pumping thru your veins. you went to bed at 2am and it’s now 5:30am and why the gently caress can’t I sleep

it’s going to be a long day

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
feeling less tired today

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i stayed up too late

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
last 2 nights I only slept 6 hours I gotta take a nap or something tonight

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

I mean. I’m not dead yet

Socialized
Oct 27, 2010
I drink two monsters a day at work plus coffee but I’m thinking maybe I should try sleeping better instead because I’ve been feeling more and more tired lately

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
I got a cpap and gave up red bull and coffee and now I’m just psychically tired instead of physically tired

Socialized
Oct 27, 2010
my fiancé says I’m snoring worse since we had Covid so I’ll probably need one soon

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Socialized posted:

my fiancé says I’m snoring worse since we had Covid so I’ll probably need one soon

the weddings off

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I took a fuckin 4 hour nap last night

and i'm still tired

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
I got about 7 hours of total sleep over the last two nights. I keep waking up at 2AM and I can't get back to sleep.

This is slowly killing my mind and body, and I don't know how to solve it.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
https://youtu.be/hvjkre5ycCc

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1618314324656668672

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
drinking thc is the way to go

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Poopernickel posted:

I got about 7 hours of total sleep over the last two nights. I keep waking up at 2AM and I can't get back to sleep.

This is slowly killing my mind and body, and I don't know how to solve it.

are you in the US? can you buy melatonin ?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i was loving around until 5am last night lol and woke up at 7 and now just realised i’m about to do 6 days work in a row! what a dork

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I take a 3mg melatonin to help me sleep but it seems like it’s getting less effective

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

are you in the US? can you buy melatonin ?

Yes to both. Does that stuff really work? What kind of dosage do I want?

Sometimes I take 12.5mg of doxyamine (half tablet of unisom), and it knocks me the gently caress out. But I wake up groggy and cranky - hard to dad well the next morning.

Poopernickel fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 26, 2023

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is being tired Real Hahahaha sleepy Just lay down in your bed Like sleepy Close Your Eyes Haha

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Poopernickel posted:

Yes to both. Does that stuff really work? What kind of dosage do I want?

Sometimes I take 12.5mg of doxyamine (half tablet of unisom), and it knocks me the gently caress out. But I wake up groggy and cranky - hard to dad well the next morning.

from anecdotal evidence it seems to vary from person to person. the biggest problem you'll run into is that they're labeled as supplements and our government is full of dipshits so the FDA doesnt regulate them. this means theres no guarantee you're getting anything in the pill or that the "dosage" is valid.

it seems to work for me at dosages of 3mg or less, but ymmv

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I’ve heard anecdotal stuff like that too. only a few nominal MGs often do the trick

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i've read that a proper dose of melatonin is actually in the hundred microgram range, and i have no idea how true that is, but anecdotally i've tried 500 mcg to pretty much no effect

it definitely does do something though, popping 3 of them would make me real sleepy and have weird dreams

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the gummies are so drat good too

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

im literally eating a melatonin gummy irl right now.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

loving hungry. I’m gonna have to drive to the store real quick and grab another snack jar.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
im pretty tired guys

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

President Beep posted:

loving hungry. I’m gonna have to drive to the store real quick and grab another snack jar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJR8Nfi8wg8

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

interesting and entertaining. didn’t know about the liver thing.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Keep in mind more melatonin != more tired, means tired longer. At least as I understand it.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i got like 3 hours of sleep last night 😴

good practice for when the baby comes in a couple months :shepface: