Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

haveblue posted:

cross eyes to zoom out

wall eyes to zoom in

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
logging onto the metaverse to can a bunch of employees using my Memoji avatar but the inward-facing cameras on my $3k headset bug out, leaving my avatar stuck in the dabbing animation

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

logging onto the metaverse to can a bunch of employees using my Memoji avatar but the inward-facing cameras on my $3k headset bug out, leaving my avatar stuck in the dabbing animation

logging onto the metaverse to can a bunch of employees but not realizing the headset was last used by my kid and a bunch of people just got let go by a talking pile of poo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
realizing i just testified in court using the master shake voice filter

wondering if it made me sound more or less guilty

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

realizing i just testified in court using the master shake voice filter

wondering if it made me sound more or less guilty

was it a case about ape jpegs

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Has anyone enabled the Security Keys for Apple ID yet?

quote:

To sign in to Apple Watch, Apple TV, or HomePod after you set up security keys, you need an iPhone or iPad with a software version that supports security keys.

Does anyone know if signing into the App Store on my wife's phone or w/e will require my security key? Will it just be one time (the set up) or every time she wants to download a new app?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

haveblue posted:

logging onto the metaverse to can a bunch of employees but not realizing the headset was last used by my kid and a bunch of people just got let go by a talking pile of poo

wow sounds like the memojis got super accurate

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

haveblue posted:

cross eyes to zoom out

wall eyes to zoom in

:shehuck:
:wmwink:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hello governer sanders.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

bite your lower lip to confirm.

bite your upper lip to cancel.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

qirex posted:

as much as tim is no steve if the headset thing isn't good they're not going to release it, even if it's better than what facebook and ms make*
*gestures in the direction of the pro display xdr*

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

*gestures in the direction of the pro display xdr*
which is a perfectly good monitor it's just ruinously expensive

if the apple magic leap google glass is three thousand dollars but works well they will release it. if it gives 20% of people motion sickness and the field of view is smaller than a phone held normally they won't

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

which is a perfectly good monitor it's just ruinously expensive
yeah the monitor is fine, they just aimed it at a market that didnt exist (the gap between high-end pc monitors and professional reference monitors)

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
It’s a like a productivity hack, a super expensive monitor that’s sucks to game on

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Hed posted:

Has anyone enabled the Security Keys for Apple ID yet?

Does anyone know if signing into the App Store on my wife's phone or w/e will require my security key? Will it just be one time (the set up) or every time she wants to download a new app?

It's just needed when you sign into the Apple ID on a new device, or you log in on the web using a browser that isn't Safari on a machine already tied to your Apple ID

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the XDR screen on my mbp has terrible haloing compared to my oled TV or even a good LCD arguably. not sure what it's for other than to increase the selling price of the laptop

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

are you sure it’s the screen and not your eyes? none of us are getting younger you know :corsair:

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
the pixel response is so bad on the mbp it's basically 60hz

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Virtual meetings are basically an anti-selling point (unless you’re a lovely manager who needs to see people working). The “nice” thing about BS, time wasting Zoom meetings (the majority of meetings) is that at least I can usually turn off my camera and get some actual work done/goof off on my phone. Last thing I want is a realistic meeting experience. Realistic VR FaceTime calls could potentially be interesting when you are long distance from a loved one (good luck getting them to purchase a $3000 device, though).

I want a Bret Victor style VR/AR experience. Let me draw interactive, real-time, 3D simulation diagrams in the air. I don’t want the Gran Turismo of meeting simulators.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
my apple studio display works fine fwiw

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Pulcinella posted:

I don’t want the Gran Turismo of meeting simulators.

lol thats not a bad description

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mingchikuo/status/1619952791430254592

Foldable is back

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

honestly, the foldable Samsung phone was kind of nice and if it was an iPhone I’d probably use it. nice folded form factor, and great reading surface

it’s me, the dumb gimmick enjoyer

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

we made an iPad you can use for a month before the center of the screen becomes unusable

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

hasn't this dude wiffed on every prediction for the last 5 years

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the phone-as-camera rules and its so good. i use my old junker phone (13promax) so i don't tie up my good, new phone (14promax)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

nah he's pretty solid with supply line leaks

when he says things like "first ARM Macs will cost more"? he doesn't know poo poo about the product strategy you shouldn't have believed him

but things like "the new MacBooks Pro will have SD card reader and HDMI port" yeah he's definitely spoken to people involved in manufacturing that's solid

in this case I believe him

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

for supply side stuff he's generally pretty accurate

but take it with a grain of salt imo, a lot of stuff doesn't end up being put into truly mass production for various reasons

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

??? they are the most reliable leaker in apple’s history, probably with personal timbounty for their keyboard

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

??? they are the most reliable leaker in apple’s history, probably with personal timbounty for their keyboard

i feel like there was a few years where he was posting a lot of nonsense but i guess he got his mojo back

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

gurman holds that title but yeah kuo tends to be pretty reliable

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

there was also the l0vetodream guy but i think he got merked

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Jony ives latest design: a metaphor for himself

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

uno, by karl lagerfeld

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004