Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
ya it was the proto I’m not reading all that; happy or sorry for you tho and then evolved into the tldr short summary form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
i invented tldr in the summer of 2002 in gbs

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

mystes posted:

I have heard it's possible to solve this by making your bed, although i have not personally tried it myself

It's not, and making your bed is all negatives. It actively makes your bed less healthy to sleep in.

Sheets getting hosed up is just a part of the package, though coffee before bed helps reduce it for me.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Coffee before bed wtf

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I have ADHD, coffee helps me sleep.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

messy bed messy head

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

now youre talking

mystes
May 31, 2006

I would describe both my bed and my head as a loving mess so sure

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

post hole digger posted:

i invented tldr in the summer of 2002 in gbs

congration

endlessmonotony posted:

It's not, and making your bed is all negatives. It actively makes your bed less healthy to sleep in.

What? No it doesn't.

Making your bed is a good idea because you don't have to squirm around to try to cover yourself up, the linens air out better when they're laid flat, and it makes your living space look prettier. It's healthy in three ways

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

endlessmonotony posted:

citation needed

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

cjs: mad because my last-ditch ADA accommodation request took two months (they denied my first physician letter lol), denied my majority-wfh request, and my manager's solution to a "quiet workspace" accommodation was to move me to a lab bench 10ft away. and he moved my stuff unilaterally because i wasn't in the office this morning lol.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i love the feeling of fresh sheets and pillow cases but i am also lazy about changing them

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Improbable Lobster posted:

i love the feeling of fresh sheets and pillow cases but i am also lazy about changing them

:hmmyes:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Sagebrush posted:

Making your bed is a good idea because you don't have to squirm around to try to cover yourself up, the linens air out better when they're laid flat, and it makes your living space look prettier. It's healthy in three ways

People are wet sacks of meat covered in bacteria. The linens do not air out better when laid flat.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
also once we adopted eggy it became kinda pointless to make the bed anyway lol

he's just gonna roll around in it :shrug:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

this, plus i have to pay for my on-site laundry. according to my landlord, he was concerned people might invite their friends over for free laundry and cause wear and tear on the machine

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I have linen sheets and a wool comforter wrapped in corduroy it’s so warm and cozy I just turn off the upstairs heat at night

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
I sleep in a big pile of loose rags and wood chips like a hamster

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Making the bed takes 30 seconds tops how lazy are you people

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

endlessmonotony posted:

People are wet sacks of meat covered in bacteria. The linens do not air out better when laid flat.

They absolutely do compared to being twisted and balled up.

If by "it's healthier to not make your bed" you mean you do some weirdo foreigner thing like hang all your sheets out the window every day, then you're probably correct, but that would be specious posting, and I'm sure you'd never do that, right?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Fortaleza posted:

Extremely. Hope that helps.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

my dream blanket is one of those pre-surgery inflatable heated blankets, but realistically i know it won't be the same without the pre-surgery benzo iv drip.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Fortaleza posted:

idk ask my adhd and depression

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Sagebrush posted:

They absolutely do compared to being twisted and balled up.

If by "it's healthier to not make your bed" you mean you do some weirdo foreigner thing like hang all your sheets out the window every day, then you're probably correct, but that would be specious posting, and I'm sure you'd never do that, right?

I mean it's just plain healthier to get out of bed and leave your bed as it is.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

endlessmonotony posted:

nah dog

It is good to air out the blanket and mattress

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

nah dog

It is good to air out the blanket and mattress

Yeah, but compared to making the bed, just getting out and leaving the place the wet sack was uncovered is better.

Optimal solution is indeed to air out the blanket on the balcony but that's effort I'm not putting in.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

endlessmonotony posted:

you don't have to get in the bed to make it

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Gnossiennes posted:

you don't have to get in the bed to make it

There's a million things good for me I don't do because I don't have the energy.

I'm going to revel in the things I don't do because they're bad for me.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
why do you even give anyone advice for anything

your mere life is a fuckin medical miracle go and enjoy it instead of pretending that it has any applicability to anyone elses life

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

endlessmonotony posted:

youre just being weird again. got it.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

my issue is that in literally do not think about my bed until it is bed time

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
my issue is i wake up a couple hours before My Wife and she doesnt make it when she gets up!!! :rant: :argh: so it doesnt get made until right before bed :eng99:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
what kind of mutant wakes up, gets out of bed and immediately does a chore wtf

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

rotor posted:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
life is a series of chores you dont want to do.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

rotor posted:

post hole digger posted:

life is a series of chores you dont want to do.

:hmmyes:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

rotor posted:

I wake up with just enough time walk to my office and join standup

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

bob dobbs is dead posted:

why do you even give anyone advice for anything

your mere life is a fuckin medical miracle go and enjoy it instead of pretending that it has any applicability to anyone elses life

Where to even start with this?

My life is a medical miracle, yes, but do I sound like I'm enjoying it? Because the truth is that I am but there's a lot of downtime when I can't safely move, so I spend that time playing videogames and shitposting.

That being said, making your bed is just aesthetics for everyone. There's no practical reason to do it, there's even a small downside.

I talk to people because I feel like it. I don't need a reason beyond that.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i change my sheets every 2 weeks which coincides with laundry day, and only mess w them if the top sheet got loose from being made, usually like before bed or taking a break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

“making one’s bed” is a whole rear end made up chore though, like ballet or whatever 1800s wealthy perverts thought was prudent