Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgy...zH4SCnGLoifNHmU

if they're correct the core start/stop cycle effects climate to some degree and it last did in the 70s, therefore GLOBAL WARMING is a fraud
heard it here first folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wake me when the poles shift and the sun starts rising in the west.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
That ain't new, unfortunately. At least the general idea

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
How is a core when earth is flat???

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

nonsense, climate change is caused by the assholes living in the hollow earth running their heaters 24/7. we're in an energy crisis, people!

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

SRQ posted:

core start/stop cycle effects climate to some degree and it last did in the 70s, therefore GLOBAL WARMING is a fraud
heard it here first folks

There is zero credible argument for the alleged effect - on an inferred period slightly shorter than a century - to have any bearing whatsoever on climate effects, or at least not the ones we are generally concerned about such as greenhouse gas buildups leading to rising temperatures.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
your graphs and charts can't fool me the climate is too complicated to just make into a squiggly line or some poo poo

free to think free to stink

fart

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

frumpykvetchbot posted:

There is zero credible argument for the alleged effect - on an inferred period slightly shorter than a century - to have any bearing whatsoever on climate effects, or at least not the ones we are generally concerned about such as greenhouse gas buildups leading to rising temperatures.

do you think that's gonna stop Fox News from stretching this out into "CLIMATE CHANGE DISPROVEN: EARTHS CORE REPONSIBLE FOR CYCLICAL CLIMATE."

because lol they will.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
the planet is dying and there is nothing I can do about it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Actually climate changes not real because g_d

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I’ve changed from worrying about climate change killing us all eventually to worrying that it won’t kill us all fast enough.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I’ve changed from worrying about climate change killing us all eventually to worrying that it won’t kill us all fast enough.

if some kind of ultrapox can bump us all before 2050 or so, perhaps a few macrofauna species (other than our livestock) will survive us.

otherwise, LOL

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I hope chickens make it out ok and become an advanced civilization

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

What am I supposed to do about this or be affected by it in a practical manner?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Nuke the poles imo

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Colonel Cancer posted:

Nuke the poles imo

not plucky little poland :ohdear:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

A polar bear killed my daddy. gently caress em

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Smugworth posted:

What did it install a screen door on his submarine or something

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
We have to go to the core, then come back from the core and tell everyone what happened on our way to and from the core.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Colonel Cancer posted:

they're too dumb to organize,
but among the avians crows and cockatoos would be more fun to imagine as successor dominant species.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

There's likely not sufficient time for another intelligent species to evolve on earth before the sun swallows it whole.

We're probably the most advanced intellect to ever emerge from this mote.

LOL

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Colonel Cancer posted:

As it once was, so shall it be again

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Pffft aside from the dumbest people the narrative has already gone past 'denial' to 'accepting that we can't fix it with little effort or sacrifice so we're just gonna let it happen'.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Colonel Cancer posted:

17 million years from now there will be a fast food joint founded by Colonel Clucker called "KFH".

(Kentucky Fried Human)

Just for some payback.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Smugworth posted:

Don't gently caress the bear

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Plot twist: OP wrote the vice article and is trying to farm more clicks to get a fatter paycheck

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Big Beef City posted:

What am I supposed to do about this or be affected by it in a practical manner?

were gonna need you to blow real hard to help cool down the planet

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

were gonna need you to blow real hard to help cool down the planet

should be no problem for bbc

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
bro they will dig up old articles about how it was called 'global cooling' from the 70s in order to tell you that science has always been lying

oh wow we took a while to settle on the name global climate change, must be fake!!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

if climate evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys? :smug:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Did anyone go and check out what's going on down there while I was asleep?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

an interesting wrinkle is that it was chinese scientists to publish this. anyone else notice this? mayhap they have some ulterior motive to "discovering" these ""findings""?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

an interesting wrinkle is that it was chinese scientists to publish this. anyone else notice this? mayhap they have some ulterior motive to "discovering" these ""findings""?

I have an ulterior motive to "discover" some "findings" of my own if you know what I mean :wink:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

"Yi Yang and Xiaodong Song, a pair of researchers at [a Chinese] Lab [...] may affect the global atmosphere circulation and temperature."

yep. not surprised

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Suddenly the right wing flip-flops to loving China because now they said a thing the right wing wants to be true.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

No. 6 posted:

There's likely not sufficient time for another intelligent species to evolve on earth before the sun swallows it whole.

We're probably the most advanced intellect to ever emerge from this mote.

LOL

Douglas Adams posted:

“For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.”

I watched wild orcas make artful synchronized leaps, a dance on the waves with unmistakeable intentional choreography. I saw a dolphin blow a most perfectly circular, gleaming silvery bubble ring, and then another concentric within the first. For no apparent reason other than maybe a demonstration of skill and art. I saw a little brown fox bouncing on a back garden trampoline over and over again. I photographed with my own lens a wild cockatoo amusing himself and swinging by his toes on a springy treetop vine like a child in a playground, with not a care in the world. I saw a youtube video of a crow dragging a lid from a jar to the top of a snow-covered slanted roof, stepping on the lid and surfing it down like a little sleigh. And then doing it all over again, just for fun. I saw a scottish highland bull turn and twist his head with infinite care so that his great horns didn't come close to touching the person standing next to him.

There's plenty of beauty and intelligence and to go around. There is just not anybody else here exactly like us. And maybe there won't be ever again, after we're gone. And maybe that's fine.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Birds aren't as smart as human apes. HTH

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

If global warmings real how come a snowman hosed me in the rear end? Chekmate liberals.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

In the 2003 blockbuster The Core they had to get The Core spinning again by drilling a nuke to the center of the earth's The Core. Aaron Eckhart played the lead The Core scientist. In the end love finds a way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

No. 6 posted:

Birds aren't as smart as human apes. HTH

Not yet.