Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Fuckin' kids on their noisy dirtbikes!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i'm gonna say what we're all thinking: scotty is totally a serial murderer

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
like he definitely killed those girls

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

you get possessed by the ghost of jack the ripper once and no one lets you forget about it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol it's worse than that: he had a concussion! its fine,

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Beeftweeter posted:

no, look, it's fine. the doctor is going to give you something to chill you out a bit, we're gonna beam out of here, and none of this ever happened.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol i am watching "mudd's women" now and honestly i'm surprised it was allowed into production

apparently gene roddenberry wanted it to be the pilot for star trek, so i don't think he slowly went nuts or anything. seems like he always was

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

infernal machines posted:

no, look, it's fine. the doctor is going to give you something to chill you out a bit, we're gonna beam out of here, and none of this ever happened.

they give scotty alien stimulants to get him to confess lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Beeftweeter posted:

lol i am watching "mudd's women" now and honestly i'm surprised it was allowed into production

apparently gene roddenberry wanted it to be the pilot for star trek, so i don't think he slowly went nuts or anything. seems like he always was

ol' gene was in fact always wackadoodle.

also star trek was very much a product of its time

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

oh definitely, "most progressive show of its era" lol

when you consider its competition it's not as impressive really. also most of the women were just cast because gene horny

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Lucille Ball: Let gene have his horny space show.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

oh definitely, "most progressive show of its era" lol

when you consider its competition it's not as impressive really. also most of the women were just cast because gene horny

god bless him

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

tng was also very much a product of its time. and i suppose discovery, picard, and strange new worlds are too, and that's probably why i don't care for them

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
paul t goldman finished and its really loving astounding. better than the rehearsal, i think.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

hmm the first two for sure, strange new worlds largely dispenses with the allegories thankfully

that might change but at least the first season isn't nearly as cringey

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Beeftweeter posted:

oh definitely, "most progressive show of its era"

i think thats enough

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol dude the series finale is about a woman that goes insane because women can't be starfleet captains

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

4 episodes into copenhagen cowboys and we finally get to copenhagen. this show is like the slowest slow burn ever and I hope you like 360 degree slow pans

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/RickandMorty/status/1618009508420386817

cant wait until this inspires a mass shooting

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

just remembered the szechuan sauce thing and cringed anew

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

maybe it will be funny now

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i unashamedly quite like rick and morty, and with roiland kicked out have a chance of continuing to be unashamed.

in bad timing the most recent season smelled a lot like all the scripts they had kicking around but hadn't managed to make work just blindly crammed into a season. it always works the best when it just explores a sci-fi gimmick, but a lot of things not making any internal sense recently. so it was likely about to fall over anyway.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Doesn't Justin Roiland do the voices for, uh, both Rick and Morty, and like half the other characters in the show

are they just gonna get an impersonator?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

Doesn't Justin Roiland do the voices for, uh, both Rick and Morty, and like half the other characters in the show

if they greenlit 10 seasons or w/e there could have been some sort of contingency plan like that

wondering what will happen to the other roiland adjacent things (koala man, solar opposites)

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

i assume something of the sort. probably is not going to be quite the same as the voices are pretty unique. but as it also likely means they'll never do the intensely unfunny "improv" bits i think it is likely to be a net positive.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
have the guys from smiling friends do the rick and morty voices

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i assume something of the sort. probably is not going to be quite the same as the voices are pretty unique. but as it also likely means they'll never do the intensely unfunny "improv" bits i think it is likely to be a net positive.

rick is just his dan harmon impression so they could literally just have him do the voice

and idk just kill off morty or something

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm sure there's plenty of voice actors who can say "oh geez oh god" in a high-pitched voice

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Turnabout being fair play, get Mike and Rich to do the voices.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
a season where rick and morty are voiced by alternate voice actors each episode

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if only in the world there was someone, anyone who could say "I'm scumbo the dinkle-flort" in a stupid voice alas there is not

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shaggar posted:

I always thought a show should do that like when charlie sheen got kicked off 2-1/2 men just have a different guest star play him every episode

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

After Hours (1985), dir. Martin Scorsese

hmm, it's about time to rewatch this. my first viewing was at 1 AM while working late into the night on a design

Sagebrush posted:

i'm sure there's some belligerent drunks and nervous guys out there

Endless Mike posted:

i'm sure there's plenty of voice actors who can say "oh geez oh god" in a high-pitched voice

lol

Shaggar posted:

poo poo, i'd start watching it again

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

I always thought a show should do that like when charlie sheen got kicked off 2-1/2 men just have a different guest star play him every episode

it would make sense in universe as them being alternate versions. you could even do different animation styles if you wanted to go hog wild

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

qirex posted:

The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus play :hai:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Shaggar posted:

What's Seth MacFarlane doing these days?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

https://twitter.com/skatie420/status/1618026837397106689

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Turnabout being fair play, get Mike and Rich to do the voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lmao