Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
how did musk get caught at the company with no auditing on godmode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

Shumagorath posted:

It may shock you but he s not a very smart man

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shumagorath posted:

signing someone else's posts

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

well I mean it’s don’t sign your posts, not

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Achmed Jones posted:

what was the dumb stunt way in which those records were recorded?

its real hard to google but apparently they recorded live in a studio directly onto a record? which i assume they then used as a mould to make more records

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Achmed Jones posted:

what was the dumb stunt way in which those records were recorded?

1. shove lincoln mayorga (famous pianist) and a shitload of other superstar session musicians into a studio all together
2. have superstar recording techs mic them up
3. cut lacquer LP masters direct from the live performance with absolutely minimal alterations to the signal

they made no master tapes, only master discs. because you can only press so much vinyl from one master before it wears out, every album they engineered this way had to be performed and recorded many times so sheffield could archive enough masters to cover anticipated sales. as a consumer, if you bought the album at a later date than your buddy, you might get a different performance. people argue over which ones are best

there isn't a pause button on LP master cutters, so the band had to record entire sides in one take with no mistakes. if anyone farted or a loud motorcycle drove by the studio, that try went in the bin and they started over again

these recordings were conceived of as high grade catnip for a certain type of audiophile, and worked on that level. but they're also recordings of extremely talented session musicians jamming out on good instrumental arrangements of a wide variety of songs

like, this track fuckin' slaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rfQn_AyvwY&t=372s

e: better version of the track

BobHoward fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jan 25, 2023

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Shumagorath posted:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Shumagorath posted:

yeah

yeah

Godmode is the Greatest

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Beeftweeter posted:

musk loses some of his genius mystique if you imagine him as steve irwin doing a bad cockney accent

Musk does not deserve to be in the same sentence as Steve Irwin.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Of course verified views is also a load of hogshit https://twitter.com/BNHWalker/status/1618195802987565061

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Of course verified views is also a load of hogshit https://twitter.com/BNHWalker/status/1618195802987565061

Oh they're still even using "views" lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tesseraction posted:

advertisers wondering whether they're about to be the last out the door love to start wondering whether they're even getting their buy-one-get-one money's worth on spend

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

advertisers wondering whether they're about to be the last out the door love to start wondering whether they're even getting their buy-one-get-one money's worth on spend

Speaking of which https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1618217272518008834

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

that's in "fraction-of-a-fraction" territory isn't it? Ad spend was already down by like half by then, but maybe I'm recalling quarterly figures or something.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

dumbass looked at Twitter and thought “hmmm yes it’s the tech stack that’s the valuable part” and not advertising, the only thing keeping the lights on.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

that's in "fraction-of-a-fraction" territory isn't it? Ad spend was already down by like half by then, but maybe I'm recalling quarterly figures or something.

honestly it's hard to tell now that it's gone private. I would kill to see what Musk's accountant is up to at the moment tho

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Tesseraction posted:

honestly it's hard to tell now that it's gone private. I would kill to see what Musk's accountant is up to at the moment tho

Probably wondering if the ceiling fan can hold their weight

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

trying to hang yourself on the ceiling fan but it just explodes

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

if they're smart stashing stacks of 1oz gold coins in a safe location

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Tesseraction posted:

trying to hang yourself on the ceiling fan but it just explodes

Starting his Tesla in the garage and turning on self-driving.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

this looks like 71% drop year-over-year, so not fraction-of-a-fraction, just a big drop.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pinterest Mom posted:

this looks like 71% drop year-over-year, so not fraction-of-a-fraction, just a big drop.

yeah went back and pretty sure I was thinking of this as 70% down from the "80% below expectations" that was up around the world cup lmao

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

next up musk starts demanding companies be required by act of congress to advertise on bird site

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

qirex posted:

if they're smart stashing stacks of 1oz gold coins in a safe location

Krugerrands?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

did elon musk ever find someone to replace him as CEO of twtter?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Roosevelt posted:

Give me 10 million dollars per year and a golden parachute I'll be CEO of Twitter.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Roosevelt posted:

can’t find someone if you don’t look

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

I was betting on jorp or Frankie Muniz

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

gschmidl posted:

Krugerrands?

there's a bunch of different kinds and they all basically cost the same so I guess it depends on how racist the accountant is

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Tesseraction posted:

I honestly wonder how much of Twitter's HR and accounting staff are even left after the purges.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

there was a guy a few years ago who paid his employees in gold coins, said WELL THE FACE VALUE IS $25 SO I DON’T GOTTA PAY TAXES ON THE BULLION VALUE and is now in jail for $120 million in tax evasion

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

akadajet posted:

I was betting on jorp or Frankie Muniz

wait Frankie is a pos?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

wait Frankie is a pos?

He's a trumpy nascar driver now. And he publicly praised Kanye West when he said we should abolish the 13th amendment.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
the man survived being shot multiple times. cut him some slack.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

there was a guy a few years ago who paid his employees in gold coins, said WELL THE FACE VALUE IS $25 SO I DON’T GOTTA PAY TAXES ON THE BULLION VALUE and is now in jail for $120 million in tax evasion

sounds like a minimum wage violation

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

so many of these people should spontaneously combust https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1618322537339060226?s=20

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

post hole digger posted:

the man survived being shot multiple times. cut him some slack.

i thought he had a stroke or something, sounds like sorbo syndrome either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/jdcmedlock/status/1618057170322612228