Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

my garbage knee and elbow have kept me outta the gym for a month now. i'm old as poo poo lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I hit PRs for everything last week and i'm still feeling numb a few days into this week.

Going to take the rest of the month off before returning. :)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

ive finally returned to my pre pandemic pre surgery squat and bench

squat 285 4 sets x 6 reps
bench 225 same as above

i also cleared out the basement and started to learn how to ollie

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
excellent poo poo

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

tfw u decide you need to start a Fish Oil / Chondroitin daily supplement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YllvyM1XCAA

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i haven't been to the gym in months and ive been drinking a lot of beers

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

think I’m going to start lifting again after doing some traveling for Christmas. had to stop while my heart got checked out after an abnormal ekg but just finished all the tests and turns out it’s fine. going right back in with all the resolutioners woohoo

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

KoRMaK posted:

ive finally returned to my pre pandemic pre surgery squat and bench

squat 285 4 sets x 6 reps
bench 225 same as above

i also cleared out the basement and started to learn how to ollie

dang.

Another year for me, another year I haven't hit my 225 bench goal :(

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ADINSX posted:

dang.

Another year for me, another year I haven't hit my 225 bench goal :(

its okay homie, youll get there

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I'm like 10ish off from all my goals but i'm going to take the month off and start again next year.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

its okay homie, youll get there

Thanks, I think this time I know what I need to do. My form has improved and I think I've identify my shoulders as the weak point, I'll find those 15 pounds somewhere.

Good luck with your goals next year :hellyeah:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Also on an unrelated note, I've gotten super into the stair machine. Gonna give that a recommend for anyone that has a gym membership but hasn't found a cardio machine they really like. I did 80 floors in 20 minutes the other day and felt really good 8)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

stay active, its important!

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 22, 2022

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I need to lose like 10 lbs does anyone use a calorie tracker app they like or should I just take up smoking

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

post hole digger posted:

I need to lose like 10 lbs does anyone use a calorie tracker app they like or should I just take up smoking
heroin is faster, op

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

oh would that were, to be back in the heady days of the obama admin when the oxycontin flowed like wine but the fentanyl risk is too great to pick up an opioid habit these days.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
calorie counter by fatsecret is a good no-bullshit alternative to myfitnesspal

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

here's my advice. repeat until you achieve the desired effect

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

i also recommended a lot of squatting to move some of your body weight to your rear end

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

if you can't live off of wine, coffee, and eggs for a few days what kind of man are you???

Skip the steak for Xtra weight loss

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

post hole digger posted:

LoseIt is a very solid tracker app that I've been using for years.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

teen phone cutie posted:

i also recommended a lot of squatting to move some of your body weight to your rear end

I mentioned it earlier but stair climbing has been a game changer for my cardio. I’m down about 10 pounds from a recent high (went from 200 and change to 190 and change) without really intending too I just love climbing those stairs

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

teen phone cutie posted:

exercise isn’t my problem, my problem is my eating habits have been pretty bad lately and I’ve been eating too much.

thanks for the app recommendations, I have heard mixed things about myfitnesspal so I was mainly looking for alternatives to look into before picking one.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

i also recommend eating more fats vs. carbs.

fats keep your belly full for longer time, so you'll fee less hungry throughout the day

i try for 50% protein, 35% fat, 15% carbs most days but YMMV

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

post hole digger posted:

myfitnesspal

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

or whatever they are all about the same

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

it’s really easy to drop 10 if you are super overweight. so if you really want to drop 10 start by gaining 50

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

akadajet posted:

it’s really easy to drop 10 if you are super overweight. so if you really want to drop 10 start by gaining 50

:hmmyes:

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

yeah i gotta up my cardio because basically after getting the first vax i was straight back at the gym, and now i'm getting super winded which is prob long covid or just being in my late 30s

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Share Bear posted:

yeah i gotta up my cardio because basically after getting the first vax i was straight back at the gym, and now i'm getting super winded which is prob long covid or just being in my late 30s

it could also be high blood pressure

there's just so many ways for your body to decay!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

LanceHunter posted:

LoseIt is a very solid tracker app that I've been using for years.

same but like two weeks

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

qirex posted:

it could also be high blood pressure

there's just so many ways for your body to decay!

yeah i'm due for a checkup, last one was like "youre healthy but your cholestorol is like 0.1% above average be careful" and i havent changed diet or routine since

please go work out

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

my hammies are blasted oof ouch

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

KoRMaK posted:

my hammies are blasted oof ouch

Moan Over My Hammies (1941)

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i drank a lot of booze this summer and it started to show. the constant heat waves made it very easy to drink beer after work or after the kids went to bed, almost every day.

i stopped putting sugar in my coffees and stopped drinking alcohol at home (which is 95% of the time i drank alcohol)

i also got an exercise bike and stuck it in the middle of my living room so its an ever present reminder/nag that i should stop being a lazy rear end

i find it's easy to do 15-30 minutes on the bike here or there while watching a youtube when i otherwise would have done zero exercise

resisting snacks especially before bed is the hardest part for me. the only thing that works is to simply not buy them

i don't do any kind of calorie counting or weight tracking, rather just notice clothes getting looser.

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 26, 2023

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’ve lost almost 10 lbs since I switched brain medications, also I have to walk a lot more at work

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

I started doing high intensity interval training classes with some friends last fall to lose weight, and while my clothes don't seem to fit any better my arms have never been better-defined and my insomnia is much improved, so I guess that's a win

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

trying a app that’s called macrofactor to track how fat I’m letting myself get.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

polyester concept posted:

resisting snacks especially before bed is the hardest part for me. the only thing that works is to simply not buy them

:yossame:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

its my wife. she buys them. :cripes:

thats basically why i need to track this crap