Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I watched the 0 film last night and it was loving sick. Gorgeous and well done start to finish.

Although it made me wonder how Okkotsu still has Rika-Chan as his companion given the finale. Part of his training with Miguel I guess?

It gets brought up during his fight with Ryu, I think? Basically the Rika-Chan he has now is different from the one in the movie and is just a copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I was rereading the manga recently and it does get brought up specifically while explaining okkotsu's technique. can't remember what it was exactly tho

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fabricated posted:

Nobara's technique seems like it'd be really useful for loving with Geto's big complicated web of interlocked techniques so that's my guess as to what they'll do with her whenever or however she returns.

Worst case scenario is that she's actually dead/going to be dead but they have some weird way of preserving her technique to use it

The big thing I’m expecting is Nobara’s technique to get Geto’s soul back into his body somehow, which would really gently caress Kenjaku up

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
All the techniques are real big and flashy now but nothing's been able to top whenever nobara perfectly countered someone's technique and made them look like an rear end in a top hat

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The big climax of the series will be all the women that got unceremoniously killed off coming back for the final fight, like that one scene in the avengers and then nothing will come of it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nuebot posted:

The big climax of the series will be all the women that got unceremoniously killed off coming back for the final fight, like that one scene in the avengers and then nothing will come of it.

It's like the climax of Zeta Gundam, with the potential to be equally depressing

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

It gets brought up during his fight with Ryu, I think? Basically the Rika-Chan he has now is different from the one in the movie and is just a copy.

I think it was something like, the technique was all Yuta to begin with and he'd just trapped the poor girl in it. she's free, but he has all that power still

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rika (the ghost) passed on but the mass of cursed energy and techniques that Rika was made of was left behind, so Yuta just took that cursed energy and made Rika (the copy).

I think.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

CharlestonJew posted:

The big thing I’m expecting is Nobara’s technique to get Geto’s soul back into his body somehow, which would really gently caress Kenjaku up
They made a big point of showing that Nobara's technique can ping between basically anything with a connection via cursed energy and the entire point of Kenjaku's plan is essentially to connect the world with cursed energy through this big amalgamation of techniques he's developed or produced by burning up cursed spirits- so Nobara could presumably at some point in his big plan do something that resonates across every single sorcerer and person in the culling game since the domain created by it connects everyone.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://readtcbscans.com/chapters/2779/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-211?t=1674846000000
speed scans

Nice. another female character Gege can have horribly killed

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

yum posted:

https://readtcbscans.com/chapters/2779/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-211?t=1674846000000
speed scans

Nice. another female character Gege can have horribly killed

I love that the waiter still exhibits his amazing danger awareness, and that his sister seems to be doing well. Just staying near him in the chapters to come will be a lifesaver

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So I wonder how Tsumiki was subverted.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Maybe it's the speed scans, maybe it's this arc, but I've no clue how the culling game works anymore, nor do I care.

Hope Fake Tsukimi is a fun fight though

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rereading it helps you understand the rules

not as bad as trying to follow hxh from ch to ch but it's a similar feel

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

MonsterEnvy posted:

So I wonder how Tsumiki was subverted.

Something's up. She's not a reincarnated sorcerer because Kogane's player card shows her real name. Plus, in chapter 136, Kenjaku's idle transformation mark appears on her forehead and she wakes up BEFORE he breaks the seal on the cursed objects of past sorcerers, sparking what I imagine to be the take-over process.

However, in 143, she has bandages on her forehead which suggests it left a lingering mark. This in itself wouldn't be strange, since it may be a side-effect of the technique, but it's interesting that none of the other non-reincarnated sorcerors are shown with that mark. Or maybe they also have that mark but it's not located on their forehead. Either way, Gege purposefully didn't show us anyone else with Kenjaku's idle transformation mark except for Tsumiki.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I need to reread the culling game generally but lol at the final page

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 30, 2023

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I don't get it, didn't they want that rule implemented, what's wrong then? Something about Tsumiki is off I guess? But that's supposed to be still her right?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they talk about that rule this ch and why okkotsu and hakari didn't bother to add it

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Lily Catts posted:

I don't get it, didn't they want that rule implemented, what's wrong then? Something about Tsumiki is off I guess? But that's supposed to be still her right?

I think it's mostly a shock because Tsumiki was assumed to be an unwilling participant in the culling game and hasn't been present for any of their strategy discussions and so wouldn't know that they had considered OR ruled out the entry/exit rule as an option.

Definitely seems like either she's been compromised by team Kenjaku relatively recently or she's been working to some goal independently.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lily Catts posted:

They decide not to use it because they don't require it anymore and it'll let really bad people out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
None really

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 2, 2023

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

yeah man, cool

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

what even is the loving point of this lol

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oh Snapple! posted:

what even is the loving point of this lol

None I was just excited and not thinking.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
What if the plot twist is that she was always evil?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5624/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-212

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
oh poo poo

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

we're back

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
poo poo is the realest it has ever been

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

:tviv:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
holy smokes.

edit: goddamn

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
this actually makes perfect sense

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it would've really kicked rear end to have read this chapter with no idea a giant paradigm shift was coming

:thanks:

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Now we're on, lets loving go.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I guess everyone's going to get their dream of fighting Sukuna now that a theoretical infinite amount of them can run around

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CharlestonJew posted:

I guess everyone's going to get their dream of fighting Sukuna now that a theoretical infinite amount of them can run around

There should only be one Sukuna. Yuji does not appear to be possessed by him anymore, the markings around his eyes are gone now.

In tragic news Megumi and his sister are basically dead now.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Well one hanging thread finally pulled on and everything goes to complete poo poo amazing.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHPlJjS0Zzg

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
gege’s pen is moving me again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

holy poo poo. I saw the thing with megumi's sister coming (especially after the talk with angel about splitting an incarnation away from a host) but man I did not expect sukuna to do THAT. it makes so much sense in hindsight tho