Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

rotor posted:

its an extreme sport, like BASE jumping or running with teh bulls at pamplona.

sometimes you get gored, sometimes the gore gets you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/levie/status/1617266717943824384?s=20&t=Rmhi0I48OTQBLXczCKn7xw

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
doesn't donald trump have a degree from wharton

i'm guessing it's not exactly difficult

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Sure it's easy to pass an exam when you can just copy/paste from your massive amount of training data

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Sure it's easy to pass an exam when you can just copy/paste from your massive amount of training data

yeah, i think some are taking this as a slam against the exam (the subject area is largely ridiculous of course, but i doubt the exam is substantially different than many in other more relevant areas), but really if a student got a year to write the exam with full access to the internet and literature, i imagine just about anyone would pass it. and purely inference-time and information it has access to chatgpt is not that badly understood in that way.

(but i consider chatgpt an impressive achievement, great potential for a leap forward in lots of areas, just almost all of them a touch more mundane than what the internet imagines)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:madmax:

Remarkably not a Midjourney creation, its from the italdesign Aztec concept in 1988

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/1618483740656959494

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

NoneMoreNegative posted:

:madmax:

Remarkably not a Midjourney creation, its from the italdesign Aztec concept in 1988

drat, an actual sony brand name tv. they spared no expense making this thing

also at first i thought the right handle thing was another steering wheel, like it's for people learning to drive so the instructor can take over if they gently caress up or something

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
its not? i can't really tell what it is actually

mystes
May 31, 2006

wikpedia says

quote:

Inside of the car, the car was wrapped in a leather interior and there was a separate instrument cluster for the passenger shaped like a steering wheel displaying vital information about the car and containing damper controls and communication controls along with engine timing controls

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
They wouldn't be dumb enough to put a half-circle steering wheel thing even in a prototype car

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

mystes posted:

wikpedia says

ah, the very important damper controls i see

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

mobby_6kl posted:

They wouldn't be dumb enough to put a half-circle steering wheel thing even in a prototype car

edit oh drat I just noticed the floppy drive slot an I want to know what it was hooked up to now; playing DOOM on my in-dash SONY monitor :cool:

edit edit oh poo poo I never saw the exterior before

:eyepop:

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 26, 2023

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol i want that dumb old car

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

edit oh drat I just noticed the floppy drive slot an I want to know what it was hooked up to now; playing DOOM on my in-dash SONY monitor :cool:

it looks like a walkman with wheels

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Beeftweeter posted:

lol i want that dumb old car

We have 'futuristic scifi-looking car' at home honey

/at home

hmm having just posted an elonface and seeing this piece of poo poo with gullwing doors only in back, I have to say :thunk:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
strong "the budget for our sci-fi film was too low for a custom build so we bought a beater and greebled it as much as we could" energy from both of those

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

NoneMoreNegative posted:

i don't think that's a floppy drive. and being so close to a sony tv, i would not be surprised if it's some weird sony proprietary media developed exclusively for this concept car

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

We have 'futuristic scifi-looking car' at home honey

/at home

hmm having just posted an elonface and seeing this piece of poo poo with gullwing doors only in back, I have to say :thunk:

it looks like a cyberpunk hearse too

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
holy poo poo you're right. now i want a cyberpunk-themed funeral

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I guess chatgpt solving word problems is a step up?

of some kind??

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Roosevelt posted:

it looks like a cyberpunk hearse too

lol it does

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

imagine crashing your own funeral as a headroom-esque chatbot in the condolences line :allears:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

YOU'RE IN A JOHNNY HEARSE!

lol trying to coax this out of SD, I would have been quicker just photoshopping a suit and hat on him

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

this is glorious

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Either way, you were gone, with nothing left of you but some vague memory in the mind of a fixture like Ratz, though heart or lungs or kidneys might survive in the service of some stranger with New Yen for the clinic tanks.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
If you want to tickle someones brain like 180 years later, donate enough that someone sets it in stone.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/GM9FAseVjYWuMu1D7?g_st=ic

Some dude who was otherwise not notable willed his house to be used to rebuild the local street in the 1840s. They put up a thank you memorial. Thats still around.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Supradog posted:

If you want to tickle someones brain like 180 years later, donate enough that someone sets it in stone.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/GM9FAseVjYWuMu1D7?g_st=ic

Some dude who was otherwise not notable willed his house to be used to rebuild the local street in the 1840s. They put up a thank you memorial. Thats still around.

a more lasting impact than i'm likely to leave.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Midjack posted:

a more lasting impact than i'm likely to leave.

I was in a church in England and I guess back in the day if you were really important they’d bury you under the stone floor and put your marker in the floor itself. There was a grave of a baby that only lived a few months in the 1500s and we’re still reading their grave stone, I think about that a lot

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
kinda depressing to think that that baby probably accomplished more in a few months than i have in my entire life so far. i sure as gently caress wouldn't get a church floor burial

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Remarkably not a Midjourney creation

Oh drat the 2024 TESLA Cockpit / Dashboard Concept Renders got leaked!

Gallery (49 renders): https://imgur.com/a/M42SBlU

We know you liked the TESLA Yoke, we think you'll love this

Kinda CITROEN-y

WHEELBUR reads your mind and acts accordingly on the road - DON'T TOUCH HIM!

We are VERY proud of our new seven-speed gearbox - wait the st-poo poo

(please pick a fave from the gallery and expand on the technical achievements)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
im starting to think we should regulate blender

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

that looks like stable diffusion

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

that looks like stable diffusion

it's okay OP was doing the everything is nintendo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/XXL/status/1618284029765160963?t=2PQgwNcusP8iIaDM6LS_8g&s=19

lol rick ross was a prison guard

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

ouch

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

What's this from?

lots of anti-nuclear sentiment was manufactured by the fossil fuel industry by funneling money to whoever was ready to speak against nuclear, including a lot of "greens". megacorps conducting secret smear campaigns using proxies against each other; very cyberpunk

All true but I do think it was funny that The Simpsons had a non-negligible hand in manipulating public opinion too even though they probably inherited a lot of the rhetoric by that point

So good

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

kinda depressing to think that that baby probably accomplished more in a few months than i have in my entire life so far. i sure as gently caress wouldn't get a church floor burial

eh, rich parents, basically a failbaby smh

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's this from?

new armored core game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted: