Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i am pickled richard

Bourricot
Aug 7, 2016

bump_fn posted:

paul t goldman finished and its really loving astounding. better than the rehearsal, i think.

the final episode was quite something. and now we'll probably never see the rest of the paul t goldman extended universe

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
just watch neil breen movies instead, they are probably better than goldman's movies would be

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Bourricot posted:

the final episode was quite something. and now we'll probably never see the rest of the paul t goldman extended universe

one thing they never explained was how audrey's other husband (the guy paul meets in the diner on the 2nd episode) got paul's phone number. paul explains it like he was just at home watching tv and then this guy phones him up out of the blue.

i guess there could be a couple plausible explanations but i found it odd they didn't explain it. it could be entirely bullshit as well since paul turned out to be kind of a toxic psycho. i know they tried to give him a redeeming end, and yeah he was taken advantage of, and yeah he was lead on by the psychic. but jesus

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jerked to an explosive climax by the very hand of God himself!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Jerked to an explosive climax by the very hand of God himself!

m o o n that spells thermonuclear warhead

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

polyester concept posted:

one thing they never explained was how audrey's other husband (the guy paul meets in the diner on the 2nd episode) got paul's phone number. paul explains it like he was just at home watching tv and then this guy phones him up out of the blue.

i guess there could be a couple plausible explanations but i found it odd they didn't explain it. it could be entirely bullshit as well since paul turned out to be kind of a toxic psycho. i know they tried to give him a redeeming end, and yeah he was taken advantage of, and yeah he was lead on by the psychic. but jesus

also why was the guy who was a christian missionary staying at caddlilac;s house? truly it is a show about how florida is hosed up

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

watched Near Dark, stylish movie about grunge punk (???) vampires

distortion park fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 26, 2023

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

distortion park posted:

*nods* we keep odd hours

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

distortion park posted:

kathryn bigelow is a very good director

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

FMguru posted:

kathryn bigelow is a very good director

the scene at the beginning where he's trying to kiss Mae is so good

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

Doesn't Justin Roiland do the voices for, uh, both Rick and Morty, and like half the other characters in the show

are they just gonna get an impersonator?

imo they should kill the current Rick and morty with the new Rick and morty voice guys and then have them comment about how annoying those two’s voices were

I will also accept r&m having a different voice every episode

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah true. the show could explain a change in their voices any one of a million ways that are consistent with the universe

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
they should never mention it or acknowledge it in any way

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

infernal machines posted:

they should never mention it or acknowledge it in any way

that 90's show straight up memory holes danny masterson's character and that was probably the best way to handle it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i can't imagine that rick and morty will become worth watching just because one guy is out. the dogs take over the world episode was funny though

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I really enjoy the show, but I’m not like a die hard fan or have merch for it or whatever

if the show is as good or gets better, awesome, if the show sucks or gets cancelled, bummer

bring back venture bros you cowards

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i think venture bros petered out because no one had time to make it

that's the impression i got after 7 seasons in 20 years anyway

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

The Fool posted:

that 90's show straight up memory holes danny masterson's character and that was probably the best way to handle it
ha! that's great. gently caress that guy

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
near dark was real good except for the ending which was real bad

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

near dark was real good except for the ending which was real bad
I haven't seen it for at least 20 years but my main takeaway from near dark was that bill paxton and lance henriksen should have been in more vampire movies

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

The Fool posted:

lol wasn't he like the main character after most of the main cast had left the show

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

that 70s show premiered in the late 90s, roughly 20 years after the time period in which it took place. i remember my mom enjoying it, probably for nostalgic reasons, a concept that was completely lost on me as a youth.

that 90s show takes place in 1995 which was almost 30 years ago now :negative:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

that 70s show premiered in the late 90s, roughly 20 years after the time period in which it took place. i remember my mom enjoying it, probably for nostalgic reasons, a concept that was completely lost on me as a youth.

i watched a trailer for the 90s show and it didn't really seem to be something that was aimed at someone who was a teen in the 90s

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

yeah i can't really say i have much interest in watching it

the show was pretty mediocre really, they used to run it a lot in syndication here. it had its moments i guess but i wasn't alive in the 70s and the 90s was when that show was airing, so :shrug: i guess it'd be weird

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I think a large part of the appeal of that 70s show was people really liked looking at mila kunis, laura prepon and ashton kutcher

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

qirex posted:

I think a large part of the appeal of that 70s show was people really liked looking at mila kunis, laura prepon and ashton kutcher
i know i was hoping kurtwood smith would expound on whether he liked cops

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

qirex posted:

and laughing at the nerdy foreign guy

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

qirex posted:

I think a large part of the appeal of that 70s show was people really liked looking at mila kunis, laura prepon

absolutely yes

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

mila kunis was the was the only actual teenager on that show when it started

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

this is wrong because 1995 was 7-8 years ago tops

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that 70s show also successfully pulled off scenes that were simultaneously "the kids passing a joint" if you were in the know, and "the kids sitting around chatting" if you were a square

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i refuse to believe that there were people who didnt know they were smoking weed

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

qirex posted:

I always thought a show should do that like when charlie sheen got kicked off 2-1/2 men just have a different guest star play him every episode

i still think dr. who should do this for at least one season. different actor playing the doctor in every episode - even in two or three parters - and here's the important thing, nobody ever points this out or acknowledges it in the show at any time

i think that A) it would be cool to see a bunch of different actors' take on the character, including actors who might be cool for one episode but wouldn't want to (or wouldn't be good for) a whole run,

and B) you know there's a swathe of fans that would be driven totally up the wall by this :twisted:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol most kids even knew it was drugs

i think they explained it away as "incense", which doesn't really make much sense

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i still think dr. who should do this for at least one season. different actor playing the doctor in every episode

Who's the Doctor this week?
Yes

etc

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

qirex posted:

I was a total prep head

Kenny Logins posted:

i know i was hoping kurtwood smith would expound on whether he liked cops

see, he's got this problem

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i still think dr. who should do this for at least one season. different actor playing the doctor in every episode - even in two or three parters - and here's the important thing, nobody ever points this out or acknowledges it in the show at any time

i think that A) it would be cool to see a bunch of different actors' take on the character, including actors who might be cool for one episode but wouldn't want to (or wouldn't be good for) a whole run,

and B) you know there's a swathe of fans that would be driven totally up the wall by this :twisted:

they did it for charity once
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp_Fw5oDMao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

I was a total prep head
:mmmhmm: