Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

My cat is on a very predictable poopin' schedule. You could probably tell the time based on her shits.

Usually, she poops as soon as I walk in the door, around 6pm I can hear the telltale scratching.

If we have guests over usually she'll wait until everyone is seated at the table and about to take their first bite of food and decide to drop a devastating load in her tray.

I pretty much always scoop as soon as she's done with her business. I keep a roll of pet poo bags in the closet where her tray is and transfer the faeces into the bin immediately.

Some folks seem to let a weeks worth of crap pile up in the tray before dumping the whole thing. Which camp to you belong to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

We have an automatic litter box so that would be pretty much never. Once a week or so the whole tray gets closed up, thrown away, and replaced with a new one. It's way more civilized than having to play sandbox with my pet's poo poo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Whenever my dog is hungry

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Our cat just does it outside in spots I've never found so no need for scooping.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

CaptainSarcastic posted:

We have an automatic litter box so that would be pretty much never. Once a week or so the whole tray gets closed up, thrown away, and replaced with a new one. It's way more civilized than having to play sandbox with my pet's poo poo.

That sounds nice.

My cat will slap the side of the box because she doesn't really understand she's covering and then run off and stand around the corner and judgementally watch me scoop her poo poo like a passive aggressive middle manager.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Poohs Packin posted:

That sounds nice.

My cat will slap the side of the box because she doesn't really understand she's covering and then run off and stand around the corner and judgementally watch me scoop her poo poo like a passive aggressive middle manager.

LOL.

Our cat will watch the robotic sifter run like she is trying to figure out how it works. It's very cute.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't have a cat because they suck, op.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

Is it because they code feminine and you're more of a Sigma Grindset Jordan Peterson type of bro?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Big Beef City posted:

A ringing endorsement for cats

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Poohs Packin posted:

Is it because they code feminine and you're more of a Sigma Grindset Jordan Peterson type of bro?

I don't know what "coding feminine" means and don't want to because that sounds harsh and gross.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

A ringing endorsement for cats

"A pet I can't train and usually ignores me this is great"

Actually it's stupid.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Big Beef City posted:

"A pet I can't train and usually ignores me this is great"

Actually it's stupid.

Actually, it means they’re living their best life, and I am just here to see it.

I dig living with a cat.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I just let my cat poo poo all over the house. I don't give a gently caress. The cockroaches eat the poo poo, easy life.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That's not what it means at all, why would you assume that?
It's an animal that wants you to feed it and offers no reciprocation.
You're a fool

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Toxoplasma gondii is the leading cause of liking cats :tinfoil:

Did you know that feline shape and behaviour causes instinctual fear and dislike in normal, unaltered, human?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Poohs Packin posted:

Look I hate to keep bringing this up or whatever, but, like, you not might like my posting or not find it amusing and ok, cool.
But accusing me of whatever this means because you're mad about it?
Dude.
You want to call me a Nazi next just because you don't like my post? wtf
I've not said any sexist or hateful thing, why would you accuse me of this randomly?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I just let my cat poo poo all over the house. I don't give a gently caress. The cockroaches eat the poo poo, easy life.

Then you sell the cockroaches to the roach races to buy cat food and the circle of life continues

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

Look I hate to keep bringing this up or whatever, but, like, you not might like my posting or not find it amusing and ok, cool.
Dude.
I've not said any sexist or hateful thing, why would you accuse me of this randomly?

Settle down beavis

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Big Beef City posted:

Dude.

I did nazi this breakdown coming in a cat poo poo thread.

President in Residence
May 12, 2003

I wish I had a cat

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

Settle down beavis

No, I won't.
I don't want to randomly be accused of being a sexist nor should I

If I called you a racist because I didn't like your post, how would you feel?
"Oh ok I deserved this"?

gently caress off

SmallFormatBlues
Aug 12, 2022
The spice melange gives me the ability to pre know when the cat craps, so I pre scoop

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

No, I won't.
I don't want to randomly be accused of being a sexist nor should I

If I called you a racist because I didn't like your post, how would you feel?
"Oh ok I deserved this"?

gently caress off

classic dog person

SmallFormatBlues
Aug 12, 2022

President in Residence posted:

I wish I had a cat

Cats are great and cats are awful. I have three and wish I had one normal cat.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

I sift the litter box once in the morning and once in the evening. I don't know why anybody would leave it in there for more than an hour or two, who wants to poo poo in a poo filled toilet?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My cat has a Breeze box. Pellets and pads. Much less annoying than that clay powder poo poo.

I scoop poop every other day or so but the pads are good for a week.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I had an automatic box but the cat kept on going back in to investigate when it would operate, setting off a constant feedback loop.

Usually I scoop at night before bed, clumping litter crew

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I used clumping litter for about 5 years with my last 2 cats. It was much worse about tracking out of the box than pellets/pads.

Granted, Beans will kick the pellets out of the box once in a while, but I can just sweep them up and toss them back in the box.

Chiseling cat piss and clay out of the litter box is not something I care to do again. The pads do a really good job of keeping the piss smell down, too.

There was a shortage of pads and pellets last year, so y'all keep using clumping clay, and leave the Breeze poo poo on the shelves for me.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Daily before I shower. Just bought them a bigger box because my nearly 22 year old blind cat likes to hang his rear end half out and half in and I want him to aim better.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I make it scoop it’s own. Stop raising weak entitled cats!

Cheech Marinade
Apr 17, 2002
I scoop when I get home from work, or when working from home, 10 minutes before clocking out.

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime,
I scoop poop on company time.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Poohs Packin posted:

classic dog person

BBCs over the top rage posting simply exudes dog guy

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

also can't train and ignores you all the time? did you abuse a cat as a child BBC and now that's formed your opinion of them? lmao

every cat i've had and friends cats all do tricks + are affectionate and personable. sounds like another fail dog guy deluding himself and getting worked up into a froth over cats again

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm a dog guy who sometimes thinks it'd be nice to have a cat. Maybe my daughter will want one some day.

I guess you could say I'm cat-curious :blush:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Cats are pretty chill. Mine was a stray I took in around 6mo old. Young enough that he learned to adapt to me and my dog. Doesn't try to escape because he knows how bad it can be outside, or how good he has it inside.

We have a gentlemen's agreement that he gets to keep his balls due to his disinterest in the outdoors, but really, it's because he has FIV and keeping his nuts helps his immune system (per several vets I've talked to about it). He's very friendly and social. The first month was a little rough, but he blossomed into the best cat I've ever had pretty quickly. He's a touch over 4 years old now, had a few teeth pulled, but otherwise a picture of health aside from the FIV.

Sometimes he stands on the table and meows at me to come over so he can headbutt my chest and stretch his front paws up to my shoulders. :3:

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Instanly and I fkush it down the toilet.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
ear-ly in the mornin'

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Milo and POTUS posted:

Whenever my dog is hungry

Dogs love kitty crunchies in addition to their own fresh poo poo.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
My cat is obsessed with me to the point of being annoying. Not sure why cats are considered antisocial since he's always sleeping on my lap or wanting to play. Anyway I scoop his box every other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

my cat shits on the floor directly next to the box if there is too little or too much poop in her box, it is a balancing act of street kitten from the hood preferences. After the first poo poo on the floor she starts going in the box again?

she's still gotta get spayed and hasn't had her first heat yet, so hopefully some of her weirder poo poo chills out a bit

I am a dog person but I like this cat a lot, first one ever tbqh

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 27, 2023