Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Everything is police except actual police, which are fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

The Haitian posted:

Ketchup doesn't belong on a hot dog, so Australia Day should be about pride and no shame. A Bad Cartoon.

That’s not a hot dog, and neither mustard nor ketchup belong on it, but tomato sauce, depicted on the right, does. A centrist both-sides cartoon, therefore Bad, so you were right but for the wrong reasons.

My question is, where are the onions and what does their absence represent?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Chip Bok

Gary Markstein

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Benson

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

The Haitian posted:

Ketchup doesn't belong on a hot dog, so Australia Day should be about pride and no shame. A Bad Cartoon.

1- It's a snag sanga
2- It's tomato sauce
3- Tom sauce on a snag is perfectly cromulent and is our version to 'I voted' stickers or whatever seppos do at election time.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Paingod556 posted:

1- It's a snag sanga
2- It's tomato sauce
3- Tom sauce on a snag is perfectly cromulent and is our version to 'I voted' stickers or whatever seppos do at election time.

I figured out "seppo" from context, but if you wanted to expand on that some more I'd be happy to read it.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Skios posted:

Steve Benson

metal af

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Xiahou Dun posted:

I figured out "seppo" from context, but if you wanted to expand on that some more I'd be happy to read it.

It's rhyming slang.

Yank -> septic tank -> seppo

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on calls for Nadhim Zahawi to resign – Tory chair and ex-chancellor is coming under increasing pressure over his tax affairs"

Telegraph:

Germany could approve deliveries of Leopard II tanks to Ukraine by Wednesday

Matt:

Can you speak chimpanzee? Take our video test to find out

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Sunak and ministers set for Chequers away day as Zahawi tax row continues

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

rodbeard posted:

Stole this from another thread no clue who the artist is:

Kellies Nomination: Overall Best, Best Labels

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

"Please take this perfectly level table and lift a leg straight up, which somehow causes the tabletop to tilt as if on hinges so the three other legs somehow stay perfectly level on the floor."

How do you gently caress up "Show, don't tell" this badly.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So it turns out the Y story was a lie, as the trans woman in question had bottom surgery like seven years ago.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

So it turns out the Y story was a lie, as the trans woman in question had bottom surgery like seven years ago.

Yeah, but if you looked really close you could definitely tell the difference. No it's not creepy to look closely at people's genitals in the changing room.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Groke posted:

It's rhyming slang.

Yank -> septic tank -> seppo

Of loving course it is. Beautiful bastards.

Thanks a mill for the clarification.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Wilcox:

A lot of the extremely wealthy homeowners on Sydney Harbour do not like loud party boats. From New Year: Authorities warn boaters to behave as waterfront residents voice frustration (news.com.au).

Broelman:

A cartoon prepared in advance.

Lethbridge:

Rowe:

When you find ten o'clock so nice you draw it twice.

Spooner:

They all have a different amount of cards so I assume they are gambling on Crazy Eights.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Le Monde

by Dilem from Algeria
Artificial Intelligence

Charlie Hebdo

Bad times for old writers
"Do you need a ride my girl?"
"I'm good, I'm on Blablacar."

Leopard Tank deliver to Ukraine: Russia sets the tone
"Poaching season is open."

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

Politoons edit seen in the wild

The original seems to be verging on a meme format. I've seen it in a few unexpected places.

Some idiot
Dec 3, 2011

Trapezium Dave posted:

Is there any reason why they are English Bobbies with truncheons?

Keystone Kops.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Kellies Nomination: Worst Cartoon about The War in Ukraine

Marty Two Bulls

Working for food. What a strange concept!

Lisa Benson

A Good Cartoon

Jeff Stahler

An Actual Good Cartoon

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

I don't know if it's intentional, but it really looks like that bear's snout would perfectly plug up the tank's gun here.

Pedro X. Molina

Pictured: Frankenstein's neck-guns fire past his arms in either direction, confusing him for some reason.

Kirk Walters

"Is truth unchanging law?"

John Branch

That well-known cliche of cats being absolutely terrified of giant magnifying glasses.

Jimmy Margulies

Forgot the third bag that says "tweets" (and maybe a fourth labelled "political cartoons").

Ed Gamble

Ed Gamble: for when you absolutely, positively need a punchline with six times more words than necessary.

David M. Hitch

I can't tell you how many times I've gotten together with my friends, pressed my face up against theirs, and repeated deceptive Republican talking points one sentence at a time.

Mike Peters

I want to focus on the content but all I can think of is how much the way he's drawn those makes them look like red Mickey Mouse Club hats.

Drew Sheneman

Please pretend I found some comment to make about this incredibly accurate cartoon.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Is this the only type of cartoon this guy learned to do? Just a bunch of street fair quality caricatures facing the camera side by side with obnoxious word bubbles?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Vib Rib posted:

Is this the only type of cartoon this guy learned to do? Just a bunch of street fair quality caricatures facing the camera side by side with obnoxious word bubbles?

I've done a quick survey and yes, the fair-style caricatures are his sole defining trait, and 99% of the cartoons are people staring straight ahead or offcenter by about 30 degrees. There's a slim possibility that he's a Payne, capable of completely different work and choosing not to- I haven't looked at his earliest stuff, which apparently got him some mid-tier awards.

edit: I'd forgotten Payne was an auto reviewer in Detroit and was momentarily stunned by how many car pics dominate his twitter feed. I sort of get why he goes with the simpler style compared with what he's capable of- the man's basically working three full-time jobs.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 27, 2023

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Like a lot of cartoonists (and a lot of people, really), Hitch (as he annoyingly refers to himself in the third person) has a kind of default that he falls back on when he can't think of anything particularly clever to do, and for him it's this parade of caricature heads just flat-out saying the thing he wants to say. He definitely is capable of drawing other things, although the style he uses here is pretty much always how he draws human faces. Some examples:

(this one is about a local issue - the MBTA, popularly known as "The T", is the public transit authority here in Massachusetts)

(also a local issue, about former governor Deval Patrick)

Even in these, although there's a wider range of subjects, you can kind of see his limits in terms of perspective and composition. Of course, the man is also a colossal loving moron, but that just goes with the territory.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Those anti-union "thug" comics could have been made a hundred loving years ago without any changes.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Those anti-union "thug" comics could have been made a hundred loving years ago without any changes.
”Unions caused the chain supply issues” is a spicy new take. He’s not drawn like a thug, but still has a cigar as habits are hard to break.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Pants Donkey posted:

”Unions caused the chain supply issues” is a spicy new take. He’s not drawn like a thug, but still has a cigar as habits are hard to break.
Maybe, but the other one with the literal loving nail board is so dated it should be in a museum.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

For context, that cartoon is from April of 2015, and is about this:

https://www.gloucestertimes.com/news/baker-moves-to-restructure-management-of-mbta/article_8c54aac8-e922-11e4-9e04-a7a4d8cba47c.html

Despite the apparent intervention of large men with nail boards, this structure was put into place later that year. The state senate defanged some of Baker's proposed "reforms", but a lot of 2015 was spent arguing about the best way of fixing the MBTA; in general, his plan was the usual thing of privatizing whatever possible and trying to make the public transportation system wholly self-sufficient by raising fares and cutting costs. The Carmen's Union (Carmen is not a name, but a description - the men of train cars) has a small amount of negotiating power, which he wanted to strip away, so they lobbied pretty hard against his changes.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: George Santos, International Man of Mystery

Ted Rall posted:

Nothing about Congressman George Santos is what he purported it to be: his work history, educational background, wealth, family. Now it turns out he was a drag queen in Brazil, but without mad chops. Keep him! He’s by far the most interesting member of Congress.

First Dog on the Moon: This is fauxflake – it's not 'shark' it's shark!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Starting to see the 10% bag cropping up a bit more reliably now

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

It hasn't even been three days and Branco is already back to literal "pee pee doo doo he is a bad president" as the only thing he can manage to say.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Whenever he does a cartoon like this I can't help but marvel at the amount of effort Ramirez puts into making his cartoons look worse.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Did Hitch draw for Mad Magazine? This has been bugging me for awhile, but I swear to God they had an artist with that exact style back in the 90's.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

The original seems to be verging on a meme format. I've seen it in a few unexpected places.
It has a Know Your Meme entry.

:q:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Randalor posted:

Did Hitch draw for Mad Magazine? This has been bugging me for awhile, but I swear to God they had an artist with that exact style back in the 90's.

This wouldn't be the first guy to lazily ape Mort Drucker.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I can't help but wonder what all the people making GBS threads their pants about classified documents think about War Thunder, which to the best of my knowledge is now up to six classified information posts, and had the creators straight up post "please stop sending these to us, it is incredibly illegal."

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

idonotlikepeas posted:

Drew Sheneman

Please pretend I found some comment to make about this incredibly accurate cartoon.

Kellies Nomination: Best Overall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
One of the victims is labelled Mass Shootings so I'm gonna have to deduct two points there - one for the label existing at all and one for it being on a victim