Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CommieGIR posted:

Who knows when the reckoning will be, but something has to give eventually.

Hail blah blah we all know the bit

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah I'm not loving watching this. I don't need to see it to know it happened and that it was an unconscionable crime.

Yup. In any case it's not something we've never seen before and will likely see again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
they took a few more shots at the head than they should have but otherwise this is just pretty standard policing in america

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Trying not to watch too much. The bit I saw earlier the news man was asking the crew to pan the camera on downtown etc and the fucker seemed almost disappointed that no riot was popping off. poo poo still staying mostly peaceful there?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Well, they’re gonna all have a fun time doing Murder 2 time in a state prison. They better be PRAYING they catch a simultaneous federal sentence and get to serve out time in federal AdSeg rather than state prison.

Dudes are straight up murderers.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

TheWeedNumber posted:

McNally, queue up whatever you gotta. I had to say it and my bank account can afford it.

Objection overruled.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

TheWeedNumber posted:

I didn’t think I’d ever make a post like this. But uhh, I think we need to disband the police not defund them. And we need to start over from scratch. And by disband I mean we need the Rangers to go from city to city, coast to coast, and blade runner them, station by station, while the new classes are getting trained up by some Euro cops where they at least don’t do this type of poo poo. Maybe Norway? Sweden? I’ll even give the French a go.

McNally, queue up whatever you gotta. I had to say it and my bank account can afford it.

bro relax it has been a *looong* time since the GiP cop thread was a *pro* cop thread

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

shame on an IGA posted:

bro relax it has been a *looong* time since the GiP cop thread was a *pro* cop thread

I know.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
gently caress man, the 2nd time they got him he was only 3 houses away from his mum's house :smith:

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Arrath posted:

What the gently caress could those pigs have done for officials to prepare for backlash like this.

Did they kill a white guy?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Some additional info on the extra cops on the scene.

https://wreg.com/news/local/tyre-nichols/two-deputies-relieved-of-duty-after-nichols-video-release/

quote:

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Two Shelby County deputies have been relieved of duty pending an administrative investigation, according to Sheriff Floyd Bonner, Jr.

Shelby County Sheriff Floyd Bonner, Jr. released the following:

Having watched the videotape for the first time tonight, I have concerns about two deputies who appeared on the scene following the physical confrontation between police and Tyre Nichols. I have launched an internal investigation into the conduct of these deputies to determine what occurred and if any policies were violated. Both of these deputies have been relieved of duty pending the outcome of this administrative investigation.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Have the cops even said what they pulled this kid over for in the first place?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Have the cops even said what they pulled this kid over for in the first place?

They claimed reckless driving, but there's no evidence of that being the case. Could be, but also could be bullshit, as with so many of these cop stories after they get caught doing awful things.

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....

TheWeedNumber posted:

The only reason I’m even watching this poo poo now is to bear witness. Like I just tuned in. This is hosed.

Same. I don't care if the dude who got judge-jury-executioner'd was a bad person. That isn't how law enforcement or justice is supposed to work in this country.

You can judge the character of a person / nation by how they treat people they know they can get away with abusing. That entire PD just proved that we're a hosed up society, a hosed up country, and on the wrong side of history. We're all CHEERING because these cops (who happen to be black) are getting hung out to dry.

It bothers me that this is going to be held up as an example of "See? The system WORKS!"

And if those extra two pigs who are on video and happen to be non-black? That's just more fuel for the fire. What the gently caress is wrong with cops in this country that they can't take a breather and chill to let society calm down?

Oh, right, when society "calms down" they vote to de-fund the police. Maybe society should suck billionaire dick and ask for them to lobby the government to enact police reform?

AHAHAH oh right we're all completely hosed unless we have millions of dollars to spend buying laws.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

mlmp08 posted:

They claimed reckless driving, but there's no evidence of that being the case. Could be, but also could be bullshit, as with so many of these cop stories after they get caught doing awful things.

The chief said she hadn't seen anything to support that, and I'm guessing that means at all

Wombot
Sep 11, 2001

For folks who don't want to watch, here's a text summary: https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1619127848253681664?t=gHg2BWmVeurwRXBV6XdyIg&s=19

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Just letting the neighbors assume a gang beat in is going on out on their corner.

'Muricans of my age must remember this one: "if you see a car with its headlights off, don't give them a courtesy flash of your high beams. URBAN GANGS use this kind of thing to choose targets for random initiation killings"

Turns out it's true

The gang is the cops

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
When you're too stupid for Fox News...

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1619065746759290894

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:lol: What even is he claiming? The DOJ's position seems to be "yeah this guy is a violent criminal."

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Godholio posted:

:lol: What even is he claiming? The DOJ's position seems to be "yeah this guy is a violent criminal."

It’s hard for some of them to let go of the narrative that Paul Pelosi got into a spat with his gay lover.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

That Works posted:

It’s hard for some of them to let go of the narrative that Paul Pelosi got into a spat with his gay lover.

For example,
https://twitter.com/The8thMissC/status/1619319885301157891
https://twitter.com/IckyAcks/status/1619096823037042690

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lol at the guy confusing bugs for snow

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jesus, when even Fox News is saying "Hey, uh, he did it" and Mr. Terminal Brain Worms digs in on the "Nuh-uh".

E-
https://twitter.com/zdroberts/status/1619142211169562624?t=uEOtv2Wq7Rs44asRIBLc8Q&s=19

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 28, 2023

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

That Works posted:

Stolen from the GBS Trump thread.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Look all I'm saying is the fact that he was donald ducking it was suspicious. Just downright unbelievable.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Handsome Ralph posted:

Stolen from the GBS Trump thread.

this seems more like something that slaanesh would catch

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Ok but that is a weird way to sleep

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Cool Dad posted:

Ok but that is a weird way to sleep

Agree, who is wearing shirts to sleep in.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Shirtcocking is my culture, not your costume

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
THIS IS THE 1ST OF THE 9TH AIR CAV SON. AIRMOBILE!

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
Related: https://twitter.com/MasterOfMalt/status/1619311097399369734

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Lmfao who the gently caress greenlit that

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Coasterphreak posted:

Lmfao who the gently caress greenlit that

Whoever Disney’s version of Justin Roiland is I bet.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Jizz music is Star Wars Cantina music. This is wholesome and pure.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
wow, disney never fails to know exactly what their normal adult fans are thirsty for from the mouse

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Mouse balls are now available as FRU. Therefore, if a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a ball replacement. Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.

Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending upon manufacturer of the mouse. Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop-off method. Domestic balls are replaced using the twist-off method. Mouse balls are not usually static sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge. Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately.

It is recommended that each replacer have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction, and that any customer missing his balls should suspect local personnel of removing these necessary items.

To re-order, specify one of the following:

P/N 33F8462 - Domestic Mouse Balls
P/N 33F8461 - Foreign Mouse Balls

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Mouse balls are now available as FRU. Therefore, if a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a ball replacement. Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.

Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending upon manufacturer of the mouse. Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop-off method. Domestic balls are replaced using the twist-off method. Mouse balls are not usually static sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge. Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately.

It is recommended that each replacer have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction, and that any customer missing his balls should suspect local personnel of removing these necessary items.

To re-order, specify one of the following:

P/N 33F8462 - Domestic Mouse Balls
P/N 33F8461 - Foreign Mouse Balls

:chloe:

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

I like how Disney bought the rights to Star Wars, made the vast majority of the extended universe stuff non-canonical, kept the Star Wars version of jazz's name as Jizz, and then made a white colored drink called the Jizzlord for folks that pay a poo poo ton of money to do the Star Wars experience at Disney World... and nobody at any point thought it was a bad idea.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

BaconAndBullets posted:

I like how Disney bought the rights to Star Wars, made the vast majority of the extended universe stuff non-canonical, kept the Star Wars version of jazz's name as Jizz, and then made a white colored drink called the Jizzlord for folks that pay a poo poo ton of money to do the Star Wars experience at Disney World... and nobody at any point thought it was a bad idea.

I refuse to acknowledge the new trilogy exists right alongside this post.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
It’s a brilliant idea. There is, and will be for a while, a huge backlog of GenX and Millennial jizz stains who will pay premium for whatever contrived bullshit about Star Wars that gets put out there as an “experience.”

Buying the rights to Star Wars, for Disney- was a license to loving print money. And print they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

TheWeedNumber posted:

I refuse to acknowledge the new trilogy exists right alongside this post.

I can't talk about this topic or the Disney handling of things without going into a blind rage