Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Asking for answers to easly googlable questions from goons who kinda know and/or care about a topic.

Here are mine:
What's the deal with South Park? I just watched an early episode and boy did they not age well. What's the deal with Parker/Stone? They seem to be backtracking a lot of what they wrote.

Why is wood so popular in the US for family housing? Have they heard of wasps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
It's important to know when going into South Park that Trey ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ into ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ creating a ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ where ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎, ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ and ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ came into a horse.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vic posted:

Asking for answers to easly googlable questions from goons who kinda know and/or care about a topic.

Here are mine:
What's the deal with South Park? I just watched an early episode and boy did they not age well. What's the deal with Parker/Stone? They seem to be backtracking a lot of what they wrote.

Why is wood so popular in the US for family housing? Have they heard of wasps?

I will explain it to you as if you were a child.
South Park is a cartoon that first premiered in August of 1997. The reason that Trey and Matt seem to be backtracking is because a lot of things have changed in the last 25 years. Including them and their outlook on life.
Wood is a popular building material in the US because we have a lot of loving trees

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I will explain it to you as if you were a child.
South Park is a cartoon that first premiered in August of 1997. The reason that Trey and Matt seem to be backtracking is because a lot of things have changed in the last 25 years. Including them and their outlook on life.
Wood is a popular building material in the US because we have a lot of loving trees
That only means more wasps I don't get it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vic posted:

what is it with you and wasps? they are going to find somewhere to live no matter what building material you use

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what is it with you and wasps? they are going to find somewhere to live no matter what building material you use

THEY CHEW WOOD TO MAKE PAPER NESTS AND LIKE HOLLOW SPACES HOW ARE YOU SO CALM?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Where do you live where wood isn't a common building material for family housing?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vic posted:

THEY CHEW WOOD TO MAKE PAPER NESTS AND LIKE HOLLOW SPACES HOW ARE YOU SO CALM?

because I'm not afraid of insects

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Devils Affricate posted:

Where do you live where wood isn't a common building material for family housing?

Moon.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

but what about moon wasps

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Do wasps eat cheese? I’ve heard there is cheese on the moon.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

but what about moon wasps

the worst kind and this anti-wood campaign is only inviting them into our homes quicker

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

because I'm not afraid of insects

It's like saying you're not afraid of rust in a house made of raw iron. Also rust is caused by wasps.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vic posted:

It's like saying you're not afraid of rust in a house made of raw iron. Also rust is caused by wasps.

I don't think you know how buildings or wasps work

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I don't think you know how buildings or wasps work

Hence the thread

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I have said wasp so many times now the word has no meaning anymore. Good job, Vic

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I have said wasp so many times now the word has no meaning anymore. Good job, Vic

So what's up with americans reading forum posts out loud?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
south park is funny i like when the kid calls the other kdi a dildo and hten the satelite comes out the fat kid butt when he FARTS XD

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vic posted:

So what's up with americans reading forum posts out loud?

how the hell did you hear me?

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
If you build with brick then you just get potter wasps instead. It's a lose-lose situation.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SAY YOHO posted:

If you build with brick then you just get potter wasps instead. It's a lose-lose situation.

Then you have to deal with Hagrid wasps and Dumbledore wasps. Just isn't worth it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
if u build poo poo with bricks in california it falls down a lot cause of earthquakes

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

if u build poo poo with bricks in california it falls down a lot cause of earthquakes

yeah, but it doesn't catch on fire.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
We should build everything out of indestructible crystal.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Here in socal all the suburban houses are stucco. They still have wood frames though

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Funky See Funky Do posted:

We should build everything out of indestructible crystal.

ah yes. crystal. The most indestructible thing my parents wouldn't let me touch because it is so fragile

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They didn't want you touching it because they didn't want your grubby dirty child fingerprints all over their magnificent and indestructible crystal collection.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Vic posted:

True, building single family homes tend to attract WASPs

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jabberlock posted:

lol

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

Jabberlock posted:

:drat:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

South Park is actually good OP. So are Wasps.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

South Park is actually good OP. So are Wasps.

Keep them both out of my loving house, please.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

fire HOT

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I know those guys are on the verge of, like, like, one season it’s just gonna be like, everybody grew up. They all aged 30 years, everyone has beards. And it’s all gonna be totally normal, like, hrrrrnnnnngggg whatever gently caress that poo poo forever young! :drac: :tinfoil:

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
South Park is pretty good, but Matt and Trey seem to have framed themselves as a 'force centrist' voice or some poo poo. Their early takes are pretty dogshit. Some of their more social takes are somewhat decent though. I'd imagine that current them aren't super proud of some of that stuff tbh and would be willing to extend them the benefit of the doubt. Iunno though, I don't hang out with them on the weekend.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I like the South Park where Stan's goldfish was killin' everybody.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

You're asking that like it's two separate questions. You need to dig deeper.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I know those guys are on the verge of, like, like, one season it’s just gonna be like, everybody grew up. They all aged 30 years, everyone has beards. And it’s all gonna be totally normal, like, hrrrrnnnnngggg whatever gently caress that poo poo forever young! :drac: :tinfoil:

They already did old South Park with Post Covid.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Wood is fast to build with, thus keeping building costs low so you can buy a 2 bedroom house for only $750,000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I live in a metal barrel with my wife