Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Post stuff you fall asleep to

I sometimes put on somebody reading poo poo horror stories in essentially a monotone voice

Is usually lovely creepy pasta or similar. Something about them helps me just knock out. And then sometimes I have spooky dreams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
just chunking somethign from youtube at you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZpIR_Pv0jk

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I couldn’t tell you the basic plot of any except maybe 2 of them that were actually interesting

https://youtu.be/MGrWHqxgGyw

Stupid poo poo like this

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Grognan posted:

just chunking somethign from youtube at you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZpIR_Pv0jk

This is the correct way to post itt

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQzwzkleOWs

Be carried to sleep by the voice of angels.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I used to watch a vid of walking through central park in the rain while winding down. So pretty much that rain vid with a visual element

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Ultra Carp
this oughtta do it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivVzGpznw1U

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Always to people yelling "wake up" on loop. Just so my brain remembers It needs to wake up at some point in time.

I'm very forgetful and I hear that's how most forgetful people die, they just sort of just forget to wake up. Very common.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Reading your threads op

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Any British video game essayist should do the trick.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The podcast In Our Time.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I watch Red Letter Media, I don't know why, but Mike and Jay talking about movies as I lay down knocks me out. I avoid the episodes with Rich because his laugh will pierce through my sleep and haunt my dreams.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

sigher posted:

I avoid the episodes with Rich because his laugh will pierce through my sleep and haunt my dreams.

Coward

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The Plinket star wars reviews.

E: and the star trek ones

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
RainyMood, both the app and the website.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Neighbors loving.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
Let's plays of pretty chill games like stardew valley or whatever are super soothing I've found. If I'm super serious, like I really need a good sleep because I have important poo poo to do early, nothing beats just a gentle thunder storm loop on YouTube

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Sleep With Me

it’s a podcast made by a wizard who understands how my brain works while drifting off into sleep. It’s not one of those gentle voiced storytelling podcasts, it’s something much better. He drifts off into ideas just how dreams form out of conscious thoughts. It’s an acquired taste but worth checking out. I’ll keep subscribing to the patreon for the rest of my life if he keeps making them.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009
If you can't fall asleep to this angelic voice counting sheep I don't know what else will do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4tIi2Q_LWc

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yes.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Snowy posted:

Sleep With Me

it’s a podcast made by a wizard who understands how my brain works while drifting off into sleep. It’s not one of those gentle voiced storytelling podcasts, it’s something much better. He drifts off into ideas just how dreams form out of conscious thoughts. It’s an acquired taste but worth checking out. I’ll keep subscribing to the patreon for the rest of my life if he keeps making them.

Wizards aren't real, what you mean is an unemployed basement dweller.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

Seriously that does sound kinda cool though

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

sigher posted:

I watch Red Letter Media, I don't know why, but Mike and Jay talking about movies as I lay down knocks me out. I avoid the episodes with Rich because his laugh will pierce through my sleep and haunt my dreams.

This and OneyPlays

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I like to watch documentaries on rivers.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
anything mike duncan

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
They got full audiobooks of Sherlock Holmes and Detective Poirot on YouTube and it's always a Brit reading them.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Homedics white noise machine. Falling asleep to thunder never felt so serene.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I fall asleep in a big bed with my wife.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I also fall asleep with this guy

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

putin is a oval office posted:

Seriously that does sound kinda cool though

There’s a wide variety of episodes so don’t give up on it too quickly. PM me if you want some recommendations

I have had sleep problems most of my life and this show has made a noticeable difference

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009

You Are A Elf posted:

Homedics white noise machine. Falling asleep to thunder never felt so serene.

I love this thing. I use the crickets chirping sound because it helps drown out my tinnitus.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

The soothing voice of Anita Baker.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

80ºF and I need background noise at night? A fan. -20ºF and I need background noise at night? A fan.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I pass out on the toilet after painful shits all the time

King Kambrook
Feb 14, 2012
I love the "Sleep With Me" podcast where the creator tells long, rambling stories. I often don't make it through the lengthy introduction sequence. Some of the earlier episodes have off-putting clickbaity/content farm-esque titles, but it's worth looking past that if you're looking for something boring to help you sleep. He has various original series where he'll have recurring characters or badly summarise TV shows and edit them to be more boring (e.g. Game of Drones). I'm also fond of when he does a different voice to be his theme-park recounting neighbour Ray for "guest" episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-mV7fwgJKM

There's also all intro episodes where it's just a compilation of him calmly and repeatedly doing the spiel he does every episode about how there's an intro part to the podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P37KS1TA5C4

If I need something more attention grabbing to keep my brain away from anxious/depressive thoughts then I'll usually slap on a less exciting oneyplays or game grumps where they're just chatting while going through some lengthy RPG or something.

Used to put on gaming garbage too but... Uh... Yeah...

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I listen to "pink noise" during my lunch work nap.

Box fan for my house.

Someone talking is usually what keeps me from falling asleep.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I put on rain sounds from YT and then I use the setting on my surround sound to upmix to all channels. Sounds p real that way

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i fall asleep to the sound of my own anguished screams OP

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
I play the soundtrack to the original Blade Runner. And a box fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i fall asleep to the sound of my own anguished screams OP

Roadside Picnic