Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The phrase "never meet your heroes" was specifically talking about DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lobok posted:

lmao

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/robertgarcia/status/1619770713027780609?s=46&t=pbwajz0-uBv08pRkYMx_Rg

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
lmao
https://twitter.com/RobertGarcia/status/1619853440678789120

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/paulthecesar/status/1619693870941638657?s=46&t=aPjO__PE5cJPxQBaSmsVmQ

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Lobok posted:

Is this too long for a thread title

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Is this too long for a thread title

BSS Movie Thread: "never meet your heroes" was specifically talking about DC is, unfortunately, exactly one character too long

e: maybe change it to BSS Movies:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Just take out the colon. Or the BSS, we all know where we're posting

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

But of course lmao

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Arist posted:

BSS Movie Thread: "never meet your heroes" was specifically talking about DC is, unfortunately, exactly one character too long

e: maybe change it to BSS Movies:

Change “was” to “is”.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
per various folks on Twitter, James Gunn is supposedly doing press for the first part of his DC slate today, with the info embargoed until tomorrow. Grain of salt, but we are at the end of the month and he hasn't said anything about the announcement being delayed into February or later.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Dave Bautista reports that he was approached to play Bane in a new DC movie, but declined because he feels he's too old to commit to that kind of shape without serious risk to his health.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

good for him

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I don't think we need Bane to be a roided out hunk of muscle if the actor can bring something better.
Bautista certainly could have .

Make it a performance enhancing drug keeping a broken body together or something. Play up the cunning and intelligence that was part of Bane's initial attack on Batman.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

FilthyImp posted:

I don't think we need Bane to be a roided out hunk of muscle if the actor can bring something better.
Bautista certainly could have .

Make it a performance enhancing drug keeping a broken body together or something. Play up the cunning and intelligence that was part of Bane's initial attack on Batman.

Bautista also talks about how they’re starting from scratch and that he does not want to commit to a 15 year rebuild of a brand.

Dude’s 54 years old.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

Dude’s 54 years old.

what

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just let Tom Hardy keep doing it and the voice

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Get a beefed up wrestler for the physical performance, and dub over him Darth Vader style with the person who does the voice on the Harley Quinn cartoon.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Just let him be Darkseid and let the computers do the heavy lifting.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Joe Fisto posted:

Get a beefed up wrestler for the physical performance, and dub over him Darth Vader style with the person who does the voice on the Harley Quinn cartoon.

keep the characterization from the cartoon too

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Oh of course!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

Go for that dude who played The Mountain or something, just an absolutely towering freak of nature. Mask him up and do a Vader like you said. Pull the reverse of the Mario Bros movie and get a real voice actor for it. They got rid of Charles Martinet in order for Chris Pratt to do a voice that is somehow both "Brooklyn guy, sort of" and also "literally nothing," so our Bane will be voiced by, of course, Charles Martinet.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Big Dave was honestly a bit long in the tooth when he became a wrestler.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

SlimGoodbody posted:

Go for that dude who played The Mountain or something, just an absolutely towering freak of nature. Mask him up and do a Vader like you said. Pull the reverse of the Mario Bros movie and get a real voice actor for it. They got rid of Charles Martinet in order for Chris Pratt to do a voice that is somehow both "Brooklyn guy, sort of" and also "literally nothing," so our Bane will be voiced by, of course, Charles Martinet.

I WILL BREAK YOOOOO, WAHOO

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

SlimGoodbody posted:

They could do that, and they should. The could also do "normal" sized Bane and venomized Bane. Have a fancy actor for normal size and the Mountain for venomized. The size change doesn't always seem to be consistent across the comics, but the movies never follow that anyway.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Harley Quinn had the only interesting and relatable Bane, everything else is just garbage hulk

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

SO LONG, GAY BATMAN

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
End the Latin American erasure.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBs7Vc0FYmw&t=255s

I would be there day one if they have Bane do this.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
A multi-movie build up, but instead of Thanos getting the infinity stones it is Bane acknowledging his growing depression and getting therapy

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I break-a the Batman, mamma mia!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

When's my Plastic Man solo film.

Warner couldn't possibly make it good. Wasn't he in some kind of rights limbo for a while?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Good on Bautista on recognizing his physical limitations - one hears about people being put through hell on movies with extreme physical requirements.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

He started wrestling in his late 30s

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm ready for dad bod Big Dave.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Embargo for Gunn's DCEU presentation lifts at noon EST today.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Is there a good blog that’s gonna break down Gunn’s slate? Twitter sucks.

e:

https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status/1620468379672002565?s=46&t=enDYfyKF7GrSkjhX6BnzkQ

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 31, 2023

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm

Edit: Embargo is lifted.

Full list

- Supergirl movie "Woman of Tomorrow"
- Green Lantern TV series.
- Swamp Thing movie.
- Amanda Waller TV series.
- An animated ‘CREATURE COMMANDOS’ TV series.
- Booster Gold TV series.
- New Batman Movie "The Brave and the Bold" will feature Robin.
- New Superman move: Superman Legacy
- The Batman 2.
- "Paradise Lost" TV series focusing on the Amazons from WW.
- "The Authority"

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 31, 2023

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm

Edit: Embargo is lifted.

Full list

- Supergirl movie "Woman of Tomorrow"
- Green Lantern TV series.
- Swamp Thing movie.
- Amanda Waller TV series.
- An animated ‘CREATURE COMMANDOS’ TV series.
- Booster Gold TV series.
- New Batman Movie "The Brave and the Bold" will feature Robin.
- New Superman move: Superman Legacy
- The Batman 2.
- "Paradise Lost" TV series focusing on the Amazons from WW.
- "The Authority"

I was sort of lukewarm on Tom King's Supergirl: True Grit, so seeing it turned into a movie is ehhhh. A Booster Gold show, on the other hand, sounds like something right up Gunn's alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Brave and the Bold is animated or live action?