Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005
Did you ever wish you had an infinite supply of Seinfeld episodes, rendered in a janky 90s 3d DOS game style?? Well wish no more, because Nothing, Forever is here!

Description from the site:

quote:

Nothing, Forever is a show about nothing, that happens forever. Kinda like popular sitcoms of the past, except that it never stops.

Nothing, Forever is always-on, runs 365 days of the year, and delivers new content every minute.
Everything you see, hear, or experience (with the exception of the artwork and laugh track) is always brand new content, generated via machine learning and AI algorithms.

DISCLAIMER: Much of our generative content is provided through OpenAI's GPT-3 and does not reflect views held by the creators of Nothing, Forever.

To add to the disclaimer above, my personal disclaimer is that this is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE. I do not recommend watching this if you have anything to do for the next few hours because your time will vanish into an AI-generated sitcom hole. You've been warned

update 20/02/23: the twitch channel is back up but currently offline.

update 06/02/23: Nothing, Forever has been shutdown and suspended from Twitch for 14 days because the AI cast Lvl 99 "Forbidden Topic" w/ "Cancellation" self-damage resulting in a full party wipe

In honor of our sitting-challenged, new-business loving friends' absence, please observe and contemplate with me through these difficult next two weeks. I love you all

(mods please embed a looping midi version of Candle in the Wind, thank you)

Whistling Asshole fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Feb 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I do not recommend watching this period

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I clicked to see what the hell and found AI-Jerry doing stand up that boiled down to "hey have you heard about all these people taking anti-depressants at Christmas time? Maybe try not being depressed and just enjoying the season" and I'm going to try that next Christmas will report back.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
This is way more entertaining than it has any right to be

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

"we were wondering if you could fit one of your pet hamsters in your pocket?"
"maybe if you ironed it first"

10/10 comedy

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005

Revins posted:

This is way more entertaining than it has any right to be

it is honestly a stunning achievement. I'm not generally given to hyperbole but it deserves all the praise it's gotten so far. the main guy who made it has been working on it for 4 years so it makes sense that it's actually well crafted

the only downside is how much you can put up with stupid twitch culture stuff but hopefully some of that will go away in time

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

We are heading towards the most stupid of singularities.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

laughter

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

DicktheCat posted:

We are heading towards the most stupid of singularities.

it's exactly what we deserve

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Three guys walk into a bar and the bartender says "sorry I can't serve you without an ID." The first guy says, "oh man I left my ID at home."

That was the entire joke. There was no laugh track after. It was just silent for 6 seconds. I have no idea why, but it was pretty funny.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

This is actually pretty funny sometimes. What a weird thing.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

To me one of the oddest things about Sienfeld was how Jerry always had like ten different brands of cereal on display in his kitchen. I don’t remember ever seeing him eat cereal. It’s cool that this simulation included this detail.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

I’m impressed. This is art. And the way they emphasize the genericness is perfect.

I also noticed some subtle details, like steam from the sink. Seems like when it shows the TV schedule, that’s when it generates.

Colonel Taint
Mar 14, 2004

This is so bizarre but there have been some genuinely funny bits.

My favorite so far, went something like :

Scene: Apartment
"Wow writing jokes is so hard."
"Yeah, you should practice telling jokes to your friends"
"I'll practice in here, are you ready?"
"I'm ready, let's hear it"
"Well here goes nothing..."

... cue 5 seconds of silence, scene ends.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Sitting down in the most difficult thing to do in this universe.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
This AI random poo poo is novel for ~10 seconds then it sucks

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Konar posted:

It’s like a lottery. You just have to keep on watching.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Everything, Always

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

A Little Bit, Sometimes

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

"Why did the chicken go to the seance? To get to the other side" was actually funny tbh

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I have to turn this off, but I'm interested in checking it out again in a couple of days, though it does seem like it's kind of just going to repeat itself in various combinations. Probably won't get progressively more weird, just the same kind of awkward, mesmerizing nothing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Larry is loving awful at stand-up

It's like watching the real thing

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
The future sucks.

But it would be better if they sped it up. Got rid of all the pauses and have them speak faster.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I’m ok with AI generating all future tv and movies from 90s scripts.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Schweinhund posted:

The future sucks.

But it would be better if they sped it up. Got rid of all the pauses and have them speak faster.

I thought the awkward pauses made it a lot funnier personally

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Is this generated on the fly? If so, it's possibly it just can't go much faster than it currently does.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Spent a few hours watching last night, OpenAI was down for a lot of it so they switched to having it throw out random phrases.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Big public chats are absolute cesspools, but the one on this is like 80 percent of the draw to me. They're super enthusiastic, and they just lose it when the Kramer stand in appears.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Is there a curb your enthusiasm one.

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005

Slugworth posted:

Big public chats are absolute cesspools, but the one on this is like 80 percent of the draw to me. They're super enthusiastic, and they just lose it when the Kramer stand in appears.

yeah, there were only 600-700 active people last night which was the perfect amount. people talking about the lore, the in-jokes, etc. it's scaling...a bit less well at 4k viewers

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Whistling rear end in a top hat posted:

yeah, there were only 600-700 active people last night which was the perfect amount. people talking about the lore, the in-jokes, etc. it's scaling...a bit less well at 4k viewers
It's complete chaos in the best way. Just 50 people at once all screaming whatever gibberish one of the characters just said.

NEW FEINBERG!!!!!!!!!!!!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
As ever, fans will become insufferable.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

I just checked in and they were discussing edible dollar bills. Lol

Are they ever at another location besides the apartment or Larry on stage? They should at least be at the diner sometimes.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Kinda wish there was a Monk's Cafe type background.

Also, the AI TV Guide that pops up from time to time can be really funny. The movie titles might need some tweaking though.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 1, 2023

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Kramer: Want to hear a hilarious joke I've heard? What do you call a bear with no teeth? A gummibear!
Elaine: That was great. Do know any other good jokes?

*awkwardly warps into the couch*

How about the one with the chicken crossing the road?

*silence*

I wonder what the prompts are, because I've noticed some pretty similar discussions about artificial inteligence and being replaced by machines

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Konar posted:

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
My favorite line is still "wait for laughter". You can tell they fed it a bunch of scripts.

Ralph Hurley posted:

I just checked in and they were discussing edible dollar bills. Lol

Are they ever at another location besides the apartment or Larry on stage? They should at least be at the diner sometimes.

I saw one scene in a blue room but I don't know what character has a place like that. Maybe George or Elaine since they two were in the scene.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Is this a promise or a threat?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
When I clicked the link I heard George talking about his mother taking up taxidermy as a hobby, and Elaine saying that taxidermy and gardening are very similar hobbies.

It's just like the original show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

I wonder if anyone has tried AI generated standup in an actual comedy club. It seems like you could kill at an open mic with a five minute set of mundane sort-of-jokes in a robotic deadpan style if your timing and look was just right.