Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

look a winning record is off the table but surely we can still do this thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

League 2

Half-game lead but our fifth wheel has come off!! Piss! poo poo!

Guess we're putting Ted Lyons in for Tommy Bridges until he recovers.

And let's put Start on Short Rest to 0 until Bridges is back in the rotation.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

League 2
Looks like rosters went up to 29 rather than 28. Not sure if this is a display problem, but I'd like it fixed if it isn't: Wes Ferrell to LR, Vinnie Pestano to general bullpen guy.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

League 1

-Prior to replace Viola in the rotation
-Make the last 3 spots in the bullpen:

MR: Zambrano (72 rated)
LR: Zambrano (75/83 rated)
Bullpen (??? whatever this one is): Farnsworth

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

NU-LEAGUE: WEEK 23

STANDINGS

STANDINGS

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

League One

More idle tinkering around the edges. Please put Bret Saberhaghen at SP5, move Kevin Appier to long reliever, move Joaquin Andujar to "Bullpen"

Thanks!

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

LEAGUE ONE

Please put Drew Pomeranz in the bullpen slot Fosch is currently occupying

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Woo, only need 5 more wins to get to 82!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

NU-LEAGUE 1: WEEK 24

STANDINGS

STANDINGS

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

League One

Please swap Sabes and Appier. Please swap Gene Tenace and Steve Garvey. Thanks!

Capt Murphy fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 29, 2023

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

League 2

Look, I don't care which one of me or Hallownest clinches, but I need someone here to poo poo or get off the pot.

Jim Brewer in for THE Thornton Lee at LR

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

My schedule tomorrow is horrible, including "get up early so I can run since I'm not gonna get a chance to later" all the way through when I go to sleep. So I'm posting the update tonight instead.

Week 26 will be simmed and posted WEDNESDAY.
If there is a tiebreaker(s) needed, it will be simmed and posted THURSDAY.
The opt-in tradeback draft will begin FRIDAY.
Expansion sign-up will begin FRIDAY.

I'll post details for those last 2 things on Friday as well.

In the meantime...

NU-LEAGUE I: WEEK 25

STANDINGS

STANDINGS

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

FairGame posted:

STANDINGS

Good. Good.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

it's time to do the impossible and make the playoffs

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I'll be taking my pay for taking a dive against the Bombers, Mistah Fairgame.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Interceptors literally go 6-0 and have a 1-game lead with four games to play.

This is the dumbest division. I mean this affectionately.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

NU-LEAGUE I: WEEK 26

OK, so no tiebreakers. And I'm on vacation next week, so a tentative schedule:

Today: Week 26 posted
Today: Tradeback draft begins (I'll elaborate on that in a separate post).
Today: Expansion class begins (I'll elaborate on that in a separate post).
2/15: I alternatingly sim playoffs and Gauntle rounds until we're done. All playoff rounds are best of 7.

In the meantime, the final update:

STANDINGS

STANDINGS

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

GAUNTLET IMPLICATIONS: I am making the cutoff for the Gauntlet "had a losing team." Did you win 81 games or more? You are exempt from the Gauntlet. Otherwise, you are in the Gauntlet.

The Gauntlet is a 40 game season with 4 teams. 4 teams enter, top 2 teams survive and enter the next round of The Gauntlet. Entry into the Gauntlet is determined by record. Worst 4 records go in first, then the 5th and 6th worse face the 2 survivors from round 1, and so on.

In the final round of the Gauntlet, 2 teams survive to next season.

Want to say "gently caress this; this team isn't worth saving?" That's fine too. You can re-enter the EC at no penalty.

I will NOT sim the Gauntlet until after the tradeback draft is done, because ALL EXISTING TEAMS are eligible for the tradeback draft.

The Tradeback Draft will start tomorrow at noon EST. You need to OPT IN to the Tradeback Draft.

How it works: so long as you have a complete team from The Draft of Drafts, ou can put it back in the pool and get back however many points it cost. Team must be intact. If you traded anyone from it, it's not eligible to be returned.

Draft order for Tradeback Draft is determined by team record--worst records get to draft first. You have however many points to draft with as the team you put back into the pool.

Returned teams will be added to the Expansion Draft. Any selected teams, if they're in the Expansion Draft, will be removed.

:siren: YOU MUST OPT INTO THE TRADEBACK DRAFT BY NOON TOMORROW TO BE ELIGIBLE!

:siren: TEAMS IN THE GAUNTLET CAN ALSO PARTICIPATE IN THIS AND MAKE THEIR GAUNTLET ROSTERS REFLECT THEIR NEW ADDITIONS.

:siren: PIANOSA ENTERS THE TRADEBACK DRAFT, RETURNING THE 1988 MILWAUKEE BREWERS FOR 2 POINTS

...Expansion Class post to go up later.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Me and the Madknights opt in to the tradeback draft

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

You have to say what team you're putting back.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

If I tradeback a team and miraculously make the finals against the other league, I keep my current team intact for the interleague final including the traded back players is that right?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Much to the surprise of no one, the Jacksonville Jobbers are dead.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

DannoMack posted:

If I tradeback a team and miraculously make the finals against the other league, I keep my current team intact for the interleague final including the traded back players is that right?

Correct. Playoff teams don't get to make roster changes until the season is over, even if I have to make a new save file to do League 1 v. League 2

Gauntlet teams can IMMEDIATELY use their tradeback players.
Gauntlet teams can IMMEDIATELY use their "these are the 2 rookies with 0 MLB service I want to age up 1 year so they stop getitng hit with the rookie bug"

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

EXPANSION AND THE GAUNTLET

We're doing a second season. Danny DeVito's joining the cast; it's gonna be great.

Only 17 of our 36 teams finished with records at or above .500 by my count. We will have 2 Gauntltet survivors. That's 19 teams spoken for.

I'd like 28 teams if possible so I don't have to mess around with a savefile for a Super Draft too much. I'm willing to do 30 and just Frankenstein together teams if necessary, though.

But this means 18 teams (19 that finished below .500, minus Armitage who is just straight quitting) are in The Gauntlet.

Teams with identical records had a tiebreaker. Beet and Forzelt lost tiebreakers on account of not being around. All other tiebreakers were just determined by random number. Here's how the Gauntlet stacks up

code:
D-Boss	0.389
Sapporo	0.401
Slug	0.426
Horny	0.432

Springfield	0.432
Akron	0.444

Cleveland	0.451
Beet's	0.463

Fightin CSV	0.463
Kamurocho	0.463

Luna	0.469
San Juan	0.475

Your Dad	0.475
Weatherfield	0.475

Haukness	0.481
21st Century	0.481

Eblan	0.481
SoDak	0.488
:siren:I will need Gauntlet rosters by 2/15. This is after the tradeback draft. Again, teams in the Gauntlet can age up 2 true rookies to avoid the Gauntlet.

If a Gauntlet roster is not submitted, the team immediately dies.
:siren:

EXPANSION
Here's the Expansion class, though it may change slightly in response to teams taken/replaced in the Tradeback Draft.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RFOgzLYm3yVpJRD5OCMUbVVCZCPpH5K3NqPEZhdJPXw/edit#gid=0

All teams will get 9 points to select feeders, done draft-style like this past season. There will also be a draft of PLAYERS (2 rounds for expansion teams, then a 3rd round with EVERYONE) to supplement things. Teams surviving season 1 got a Super Draft to enhance their rosters, so expansion teams need some draft picks to stay in parity. We will do Rule V after all of this.

:siren: Owners whose teams are killed in The Gauntlet can immediately reregister, up to a maximal 30 teams in the league. If we have more interest than that, priority will first go to:
1.) Owners who DIDN'T die in this Gauntlet (like Pungry or Clown Fundamentals or Shepard; people who didn't play this season)
2.) Teams that died LATER in the Gauntlet (if SoDak dies, they get first dibs after all the new owners).

...So you still want to do the Gauntlet if you want to play next season. The further you live in the Gauntlet, the greater your chance of having a slot for a team next season.

POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE AN OWNER WHO WANTS TO JOIN NU-LEAGUE 2 WITH A NEW TEAM

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I shall be playing in this upcoming season. Unless someone takes my team. I'll still play but I'll be mad.

Clown Fundamentals
Mar 18, 2018

President and GM of YOUR Camden Buzzsaw
gently caress it, I'm in.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hooray! There will be a Jupiter Jazz, Part 2!

Moleboy
Apr 20, 2011

Looksy
-Hindsight-

Looking Back, I am sure of 2 things:
1. I should have found the thread before it finished
2. Grimper may have actually done one or two things wrong

Is say "Enter Gauntlet with current roster" allowed if you aren't going to tradeback?

Editing in Gauntlet Roster

Starting Pitching

1. 1987 Roger Clemens
2. 1996 Randy Johnson
3. 1916 Christy Mathewson
4. 1982 Jack Morris
5. 1982 Dan Petry

Dan Wilson to PC for Jack Morris

Relief Pitching

CL 1996 Tim Davis
SU 1982 Juan Berenguer
SR 1996 Michael Jackson
SR 1982 Aurelio Lopez
MR 1982 Dave Rozema
LR 1987 Bob Stanley

Staring Lineup
SS 1996 Alex Rodriguez
CF 1996 Ken Griffey Jr
1B 1987 Dwight Evans
3B 1987 Wade Boggs
DH 1996 Edgar Martinez
RF 1939 Ben Chapman
LF 1982 Chet Lemon
2B 1982 Lou Whitaker
C 1982 Lance Parrish

Bench

1996 Dave Hollins
1996 Joey Cora
1996 Dan Wilson
1982 Alan Trammel
1982 John Wockenfuss
1982 Kirk Gibson

Moleboy fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 6, 2023

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Moleboy posted:

Is say "Enter Gauntlet with current roster" allowed if you aren't going to tradeback?

yeah sure

i would ENORMOUSLY appreciate it if you posted the old roster post (you can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mCu_GJ9B2WKMPyB2rXZWYXfY0yg7q_ztvuiLCJrWkro/edit#gid=1876588827)

...and added in your Super Draft picks.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

League 2

We're playoff bound, baby! :toot:

...Man that feels weird to say.

Anyway, Ted Lyons did his job. Please move Lyons back to Long Relief, re-demoting Ziegler to the minors, and call Tommy Bridges back up to his rightful spot as Mopup.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

PLAYOFFS

League 1:

Airwing at Trashcats

Airwing: Game 1 available starters: Strasburg (on full rest), Pineiro (on full rest). Kershaw can go on short rest in Game 2, otherwise you're doing Strasburg-Pineiro in 1-2. Cone can go in Game 3.

Trashcats: Madbum and Scherzer can both go in games 1 or 2, both on full rest. Rotation will be rested as of Game 3.

Beaver Bombers at Pickle Jugheads

Buc-ee's: Hunter and Downing are both available for 1-2. Appier, Sabes, and I guess Holtzman would be on full rest for Game 2. Rotation rested as of Game 3.

Pickle Jugheads: Dierker and Wilson can both start game 1 at full rest. Sale's 1 day out so could do Game 2. JR Richard's 2 days out so you'd need to start him on short rest any earlier than Game 3.

League 2:

Generics at Ents:

Generics: jeez all your SP numbers are similar. Anyway, Ohtani and Wood are both eligible for Game 1 on full rest. Leonard can go on full rest in Game 2. Otherwise you'll need to wait until Game 3 for fully rested folks.

Ents: Maeda and Oswalt can both do game 1 fully rested. Kershaw would need to start Game 2 on short rest, or be fully rested by Game 3.

Interceptors at Llamas:

I-90: Drysdale and Rowe are both ready for game 1. Bridges is healthy now too if you want that option. Koufax can start Game 3. RJ could too but I'm assuming you don't want to.

Llamas: Wheeler and Viola are you game 1 options. Thor can go in Game 2 on full rest. deGrom could go on 3 days' rest in Game 2 if you want. Kershaw needs until Game 3 to have full rest.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

FairGame posted:

GAUNTLET IMPLICATIONS: I am making the cutoff for the Gauntlet "had a losing team." Did you win 81 games or more? You are exempt from the Gauntlet. Otherwise, you are in the Gauntlet.

The Gauntlet is a 40 game season with 4 teams. 4 teams enter, top 2 teams survive and enter the next round of The Gauntlet. Entry into the Gauntlet is determined by record. Worst 4 records go in first, then the 5th and 6th worse face the 2 survivors from round 1, and so on.

In the final round of the Gauntlet, 2 teams survive to next season.

Want to say "gently caress this; this team isn't worth saving?" That's fine too. You can re-enter the EC at no penalty.

I will NOT sim the Gauntlet until after the tradeback draft is done, because ALL EXISTING TEAMS are eligible for the tradeback draft.

The Tradeback Draft will start tomorrow at noon EST. You need to OPT IN to the Tradeback Draft.

How it works: so long as you have a complete team from The Draft of Drafts, ou can put it back in the pool and get back however many points it cost. Team must be intact. If you traded anyone from it, it's not eligible to be returned.

Draft order for Tradeback Draft is determined by team record--worst records get to draft first. You have however many points to draft with as the team you put back into the pool.

Returned teams will be added to the Expansion Draft. Any selected teams, if they're in the Expansion Draft, will be removed.

:siren: YOU MUST OPT INTO THE TRADEBACK DRAFT BY NOON TOMORROW TO BE ELIGIBLE!

:siren: TEAMS IN THE GAUNTLET CAN ALSO PARTICIPATE IN THIS AND MAKE THEIR GAUNTLET ROSTERS REFLECT THEIR NEW ADDITIONS.

:siren: PIANOSA ENTERS THE TRADEBACK DRAFT, RETURNING THE 1988 MILWAUKEE BREWERS FOR 2 POINTS

...Expansion Class post to go up later.

i opt in and tell the cardinals to gently caress off

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

FairGame posted:

Trashcats: Madbum and Scherzer can both go in games 1 or 2, both on full rest. Rotation will be rested as of Game 3.

Alrighty, sounds like 4 man rotation time.
G1: madbum
G2: scherz
G3: Stras
G4: Gio
G5: madbum

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

FairGame posted:

PLAYOFFS
Interceptors at Llamas:

I-90: Drysdale and Rowe are both ready for game 1. Bridges is healthy now too if you want that option. Koufax can start Game 3. RJ could too but I'm assuming you don't want to.

Llamas: Wheeler and Viola are you game 1 options. Thor can go in Game 2 on full rest. deGrom could go on 3 days' rest in Game 2 if you want. Kershaw needs until Game 3 to have full rest.

Oh jeez, I'm facing the Llamas? Well... weirder things have happened, I suppose.

Alright, yeah, Interceptors Postseason Pitching By Game:
  1. Schoolboy Rowe
  2. Tommy Bridges
  3. Sandy Koufax
  4. Don Drysdale
  5. Schoolboy Rowe

Ignore what I said in my previous post and put Johnson on Mopup instead.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 1, 2023

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

FairGame posted:

Beaver Bombers at Pickle Jugheads

Buc-ee's: Hunter and Downing are both available for 1-2. Appier, Sabes, and I guess Holtzman would be on full rest for Game 2. Rotation rested as of Game 3.

Pickle Jugheads: Dierker and Wilson can both start game 1 at full rest. Sale's 1 day out so could do Game 2. JR Richard's 2 days out so you'd need to start him on short rest any earlier than Game 3.

Four man rotation sounds like the move

G1 Dierker
G2 Sale
G3 Wilson
G4 Richard
G5 Dierker

Mopup: CC Sabathia
MR: David Price

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Send down Piniero for Ryu

Strasburg
Ryu
Kershaw
Cone
Strasburg

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Gauntlet Roster for my inevitable demise

SS 1998 Derek Jeter
LF 1998 Bernie Williams
1B 2016 Albert Pujols
CF 2016 Mike Trout
DH 1969 Harmon Killebrew
2B 1969 Rod Carew
RF 1969 Tony Oliva
3B 1969 Graig Nettles
C 1998 Jorge Posada

BN 1998 Paul O'Neill
BN 1969 Bob Allison
BN 1969 Cesar Tovar
BN 1998 Tino Martinez
BN 1998 Chuck Knoblach

SP1 1998 Andy Pettitte
SP2 1969 Jim Kaat
SP3 1998 David Wells
SP4 1998 David Cone
SP5 1969 Dean Chance

CL 1998 Mariano Rivera
SU 2016 Huston Street
SR1 1998 Jeff Nelson
SR2 1998 Mike Stanton
MR1 2016 Jose Alvarez
MR2 1998 Graeme Lloyd
LR 1998 Ramiro Mendoza

MN 2016 Al Albuquerque
MN 1969 Ron Perranoski
MN 2016 Tim Lincecum
MN 2016 Joe Smith
MN 2016 Andrew Bailey

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

[quote="Capt Murphy" post="529394171"]

League One Playoff Rotation

SP1: Catfish Hunter
SP2: Al Downing
SP3: Vida Blue
SP4: Don Sutton

CL: Bruce Sutter
SU: Rollie Fingers
SR: Jeff Montgomery
SR: Tom Gordon
MR: Claude Osteen
LR: Kevin Appier
Mop Man: Ken Holtzman

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Capt Murphy posted:

Mop Man: Ken Holtzman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnvjJpqikGw

Also, remember back when I traded 1973 Tim McCarver to the Pianists for 2003 Kenny Lofton?

We are undoing that so as to facilitate London giving back the 2003 Cubs in the tradeback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
The Landers opt into the tradeback draft, returning 1978 Boston for three points.