Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Ibblebibble posted:

Well it was an episode that was 99% parenting side so clearly they will balance it out with a 99% hitman side episode next right :v:

daycare doin' its job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Outside of two adults with a kid that's not there's, there really isn't any comparison to Spy X Family. The latter always put a gag in first and plot second, and BDaddies is leaning more towards the vice versa, also Mirin is like an actual 5 year old that it's kinda scary and giving me ptsd from my old daycare days.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Well that explains why the last episode of Bofuri S2 looked like crap, they were spending all the budget on the fight in this episode. And it actually turned out well! Just a hard knuckle, knockdown, drag out, big rear end brawl with a Dark Souls boss.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Dropping Reborn to Master the blade because while I can put up with all kinds of isekai trash, I draw the line at “we adopted a chibi faerie thing that lives in my boobs now, hey stop that tickles”

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I picked up Tomo Chan is a Girl after initially passing on it, it reminds me of Uzaki but only the guy is oblivious instead of both of them, which is refreshing because it adds an element of frisson to the otherwise somewhat stale "why won't these two idiots just date already" plot.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I enjoy it. It's pretty well made and the core trio is fun.

Kwyndig posted:

I picked up Tomo Chan is a Girl after initially passing on it, it reminds me of Uzaki but only the guy is oblivious instead of both of them, which is refreshing because it adds an element of frisson to the otherwise somewhat stale "why won't these two idiots just date already" plot.

The anime is past where I stopped reading the manga, so this isn't a spoiler, but I think Jun is well aware of what he wants but is just too afraid or in denial to do anything about it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/1620889777087340544

also this season of precure is gonna have a male precure. misandry has finally been defeated

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Agronox posted:

I think Jun is well aware of what he wants but is just too afraid or in denial to do anything about it.
There's quite a few scenes in the first handful of episodes where dude is like "Hey you're like my best friend so..."

The moment when it dawns on him is going to be spectacular.

In particular the episode where you find out Jun and Misizu dated is a huge spotlight on him pursuing someone totally the opposite of Tomo and just being bored as a result.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 9 days!)

I'm enjoying the light hearted farming isekai more than I thought, though wish they didn't skip or cover up the sexy times.

80k gold coins isekai is also one I been watching weekly.

Loving tomo-chan, I followed it release by release when the manga strips were being done, and never expected it to get an anime after all these years.

Ippon! and Tsurune are fun sports anime for me. Ippon! reminds me a bit of Bamboo Blade, and always love anime archery

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/1620889777087340544

also this season of precure is gonna have a male precure. misandry has finally been defeated

Didn't one of the previous seasons play with something like that? I don't watch Precure but I remember people mentioning it.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Didn't one of the previous seasons play with something like that? I don't watch Precure but I remember people mentioning it.

Hugtto had Cure Infini for a single episode yeah, but I think the assumption is that Cure Wing would be a regular cast member.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Hugtto had one for one episode but hugtto also had literally the entire town turn into magic girls for the finale.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

hugtto had cure infini but he was a single episode ally, yeah, even if he got the cure designation. there's been other single episode cures that bucked trends a bit, like in heartcatch the mc's grandma got to be a cure for a day. and there have been a couple with male allies who didnt get called cures.

but yeah this is the first main cast member cure whos a dude

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm trying to remember where I saw it but I think when Hugtto was airing a survey of Japanese kids was released and among boys Precure ranked in the top 10 so I wonder if this (and more actual Female Riders) is cause of that

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Maple making a good case to be in the next Super Robot Wars

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Maple knows to believe in the Sally that believes in her.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SatoshiMiwa posted:

As long as Sally get in as well as a member of the supporting cast.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Get in the Maplebot, Sally

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Sally is playable as well as a human. Space missions are fine for her because she thinks she's in a VRRMO. She wouldn't even be the first person to breathe in space.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm not sure they'd do it but you could easily put Maple and Sally into a SRW where you use Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise plot as the base for a SRW game

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
Eminence in Shadow continues being much more fun than it has any right to be. There's something about an isekai where the main character actually has fun being overpowered as hell instead of failing to live a slow life. Also I love that the plot is actually interesting despite having characters with names like Perv Asshat.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
an unexpected third buddy daddy has hit the tower.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Big Leg posted:

an unexpected third buddy daddy has hit the tower.

ah yes, my fathers the failed comedian and oil baron

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

January 6 Survivor posted:

Eminence in Shadow continues being much more fun than it has any right to be. There's something about an isekai where the main character actually has fun being overpowered as hell instead of failing to live a slow life. Also I love that the plot is actually interesting despite having characters with names like Perv Asshat.

every now and then it does a shot it has no business doing so well, like rose in the mirror

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i don't understand why i'm still watching isekai nonbiri nouka. there's something mesmerizing in how insanely boring and low-effort it is

it's the sensory deprivation tank of anime

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
LOL @ the latest episode of Fruit of Evolution
He finally admits to his harem that he's actually a fat smelly short kid and the only reason he looks tall and handsome is that he was transformed when he isekaied and ate magic fruit and he apologised for hiding the horrible truth from them all this time. And then his tall sexy girlfriend goes "Uh, did you forget that I'm actually a giant gorilla???")

Patware posted:

i don't understand why i'm still watching isekai nonbiri nouka. there's something mesmerizing in how insanely boring and low-effort it is

Yeah it's like watching a Lets Play of someone playing Farmville.

(I nearly said "it's like watching a Lets Play of someone playing Stardew Valley" but that has a LOT more plot & storyline than this anime, lol)

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Patware posted:

I think the way to describe it would be "inoffensively boring". It is mildly amusing that the wolves may in fact be the smartest characters in the show though. Both because they actually are very intelligent and because all the humanoid characters are kind of dumb.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 9 days!)

i got confused by exactly how much time passed is that by episode 3-4, the wolves are on their 3rd generation of kids.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Looks like MHA started boarding the bus to Fireworks town (to be seen in 3 years)

VvV
Preview had a teaser for something like "the end begins"

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 4, 2023

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

No idea what any of that means but I'm sure it's Epic.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FilthyImp posted:

Looks like MHA started boarding the bus to Fireworks town (to be seen in 3 years)

VvV
Preview had a teaser for something like "the end begins"

Yeah

Yeah, it's gonna get real good, I promise :smith:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

My impression from my one friend who reads the manga is that it's pretty bad now. Personally speaking I've never cared for the little I've experienced of mha, but I guess I hope the anime turns out better if that's the case.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bones did an excellent job with the anime i watched (seasons 1 thru part of 3) but there is a point in the manga where it becomes increasingly clear Horikoshi wanted it to end earlier and then later it just falls off a cliff and to my knowledge never recovers

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

actually come to think of it there is more than one point you can argue as "the beginning of the end (of excellent quality)" which is rather telling

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

working on a very popular long running shonen seems like it'd be absolutely soul draining, unless you are Oda I guess, so I can absolutely empathize with he guy

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even oda takes regular breaks now.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Once upon a time I watched MHA because it was "by the books shounen executed well"

Now I just catch up on the newest episodes every once in a while when I'm eating lunch, often finding myself disappointed in it

If I were a rational man I would simply stop watching it and select one of the many good shows I have yet to watch instead

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sleng Teng posted:

working on a very popular long running shonen seems like it'd be absolutely soul draining, unless you are Oda I guess, so I can absolutely empathize with he guy

i could be misremembering but iirc Horikoshi had an interview/linear note that was something like "my hair's falling out over this, i hate it." props to Fujimoto for doing the smart thing and jumping ship to SJ+ so he can have more control over his breaks

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

every so often i remember the schedule of the Nura mangaka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the most underrated part of that schedule is that he only has one meal on monday and sunday

but yeah the weekly schedule is a death march unless you're an incredibly fast creator. monthly can be a bit rough in terms of keeping up momentum but i think jump+'s bi-weekly is a perfect middle ground.