Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I didn’t watch the hobbit trilogy because I heard it made Gandalf cry ☹️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

the hobbit is fine as long as you go make a sandwich whenever the elf girl and the other guy from lotr whose name is escaping me rn are on screen just watch the 1977 animated one

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:hai:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

son i saw this as a first run movie in the theaters, settle down.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

how were movie theaters in the 70's

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

The Fool posted:

how were movie theaters in the 70's

a lot more crowded

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

rotor posted:

son i saw this as a first run movie in the theaters, settle down.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Rotor: goldarn it I pissed in my brand new britches, damned cowboy bandit shooting right at me!!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i liked the first hobbit movie a lot. the second one wasn't as good, but i still quite enjoyed it. the third one wasn't very good though

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

watched everything everywhere alla t once based on the discussion earlier and it really is very good. incredible acting.

the style described in these posts absolutely apply to its cinematography though
but a) it makes up for it visually in a lot of other ways, b) you could probably make a supermechagodzilla post about why it adds to the film

suit and tie waymond is so sexy

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Control, eeaao, starting to see a trend of good modern media being set in soul crushing offices

distortion park fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 1, 2023

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

i keep thinking of all the jokes. raccacoonie lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

distortion park posted:

raccacoonie lol

i still laugh

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

distortion park posted:

Control, eeaao, starting to see a trend of good modern media being set in soul crushing offices

severance

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A24 released a large high rez still of the bit in EEAAO where they go to the lifeless wasteland universe and its just two rocks going “hahahahaha” at each other and I’m gonna print it out and frame it on the wall

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
There's a fan edit of the hobbit that's alright, turns it into two hour and a half movies, i forget what its called

But ya completely forgettable

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

haveblue posted:

A24 released a large high rez still of the bit in EEAAO where they go to the lifeless wasteland universe and its just two rocks going “hahahahaha” at each other and I’m gonna print it out and frame it on the wall

link?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I finished copenhagen cowboy, it’s basically a 6 hour music video with no conclusion and an incredibly dumb cameo at the very last second

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

https://shop.a24films.com/products/laughing-rocks-multiverse-poster

the high rez download is the top version with the captions and watermarks

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

duz posted:

i did a fast & furious marathon back when it was just 7 movies, it was mostly an excuse to have friends over for day drinking

I watched all of Fast&Firious when I had covid last year. my brain was boiled and not working very well so car go fast wroom was just what I wanted. ooh! granny clocking scene!

covid suucked, and even with three shots of Phizer, it put me out for a week, with an additional week of brain fog and fatigue.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
everything everywhere ali g

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

axolotl farmer posted:

even with three shots of Phizer

how could you watch movies shaking that badly?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

i think you can explain every decision george lucas has made since 1983, from directorial decisions to fashion choices, with two words

1. bitter
2. lazy

the most relatable man in Hollywood

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m glad he did Star Wars rather than cause black 9/11 like in the popular tweet

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

https://shop.a24films.com/products/laughing-rocks-multiverse-poster

the high rez download is the top version with the captions and watermarks
haha one of my content blockers killed the hero image so I had to inspect the blank DIV to get the image link

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
make sure you put in your throwaway email address for the highest quality pdf download if you actually want to make use of it, it's much higher quality than any of the page embeds

FMguru posted:

how many different re-edits and re-releases of blade runner are we up to now?

there are 4 but all of them have excuses

the original theatrical release is the original theatrical release. it has a bunch of elements that the studio forced in after they took over production

the director's cut has those elements taken back out so scott could sign off on it with a clear conscience

the final cut mostly repairs things universally considered poor workmanship rather than creative decisions (continuity errors and shoddy effects), although scott did throw in a few creative changes since he had the chance

the workprint was only trumpeted in public because blade runner is a famous classic movie that film historians care about. it was never released with the intention that anyone actually watch it for entertainment

I think there are a few foreign market edits floating around too

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

qirex posted:

speaking of slightly cleaned up re-releases this arrived today

it’s a new scan they did for streaming, there was a limited release last year that sold out instantly so I had to wait another 8 months for this to show up. has director commentary too

anyone seen this yet? i'm going to try to grab a copy if it seems worthwhile (or if they're just going to be assholes and strongly limit supply) but one can only assume that this isn't the fabled 'original cut' that was partially found in a transylvanian salt mine

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

psiox posted:

anyone seen this yet? i'm going to try to grab a copy if it seems worthwhile (or if they're just going to be assholes and strongly limit supply) but one can only assume that this isn't the fabled 'original cut' that was partially found in a transylvanian salt mine

going to watch it saturday, will report back. as far as I know there are absolutely not extended/additional hell scenes which is apparently all the core fanbase of this movie cares about

p sure this is a general release. the one last year was a 25th anniversary steelbook

qirex fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 3, 2023

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

haveblue posted:

I think there are a few foreign market edits floating around too

yeah, those are in a bundle you can grab (could grab?) and it pretty neat. i thought the final cut also had some missing pieces parts, but after four other cuts it's hard to keep track of what's new

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

psiox posted:

anyone seen this yet?

this mf sounds like Jay Leno

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

indigi posted:

this mf sounds like Jay Leno

ugh its true

sorry mf

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

re earlier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJvrXMDlvCU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
shanghai noon holding up way better than i expected

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
you are insane

or maybe you had profoundly low expectation, idk

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nah it's a cute movie

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
nm, i'm thinking of the sequel

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
idk man a movie from 2000 is a real roll of the dice slur wise . but this was loving amazing just pure charm the whole way through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Sagebrush posted:

Nah it's a cute movie