Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

flavor.flv posted:

Rona is much more of a Shinji than a Rei, this is bullshit

https://twitter.com/bransonreese/status/1613613024350474243?s=20&t=yo5bE1OpaEBBah29aHcY9Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Yeah Rona is definitely shinji but I'll take it. Thanks Branson

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Don't know what any of that means. Seems like some anime. But at least everyone is having fun

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Stirfry is Kaworu, I decline to elaborate on my reasoning here.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Stirfry is Kaworu, I decline to elaborate on my reasoning here.

Trying really hard to imagine him saying "You are worthy of my grace" but it keeps coming out as Debonesby instead.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

New episode is out! I can't listen because I have "work", but I'm sure it's good.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

There's also a new Oh These Those on the free feed and Branson has done it again with another character

the Rude Tales is also very good, big lore in this one

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

If anyone is watching the Nothing, Forever stream going around, it hit me earlier that Larry sounds like Branson doing Guy Normal.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Carly finally made good on (not really a spoiler as you could guess it from the latest Oh These Those episode title) the Irish computer gag and it's incredible

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

on seeing the episode title I was like are they going to make a whole episode out of 'Irish computer' and by Space God, they did, and it was hilarious

it sure sounded like Branson was trying to kill off Scorpio at the end there though, lol. Can't exactly blame him

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Branson has repeatedly tried to kill off his more one-note characters and the other players keep stopping him.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I think that's everyone but Scion.

Not how I pictured Werimether on the bottom left corner. I think I was picturing just a dirtier, more raggedy Chris.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Annotated version:

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I really admire Ali’s commitment to using every possible name permutation of the same syllables.

E: and it only just occurred to me that Mitzy is another variant.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Has the cast ever made explicit what’s happening during bleeped out Oh These Those laserfeelings questions?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

poor life choice posted:

Has the cast ever made explicit what’s happening during bleeped out Oh These Those laserfeelings questions?

I'm guessing it's just a situation where Joe has to answer a meta question for the player but they decide that it's more interesting to keep the audience in the dark.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm guessing it's just a situation where Joe has to answer a meta question for the player but they decide that it's more interesting to keep the audience in the dark.

They have given this answer, yes. They have discussed their dislike of the question mechanic, some wanted to skip it altogether, I guess they settled on the bleep. I think it works really well!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
if you dislike the question mechanic there's about one mechanic left

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It is always kind of surprising every time it happens though; i have to take a beat like "did they just doxx someone"

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
It fascinates me that the crew gets into systems for some reason only to never let that matter. How is Rude Tales even D&D at this point. What do you even do without questions in Lazers and Feelings

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I don't know why Joe keeps answering in full sentences. Why not just limit it to yes or no questions if that's such a problem?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Does that also apply to placing them on the ground?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Joe sometimes posts the bleeped content on Discord, it's this

Ainsley McTree posted:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

New episode of Rude tales just dropped:

Revelations 2: 2Rev2lations: Final Revelation

bear named tators
Dec 16, 2006

.:.::HONKIN A POTATO::.:.
Is the Bellow-Albee-Cordelia love triangle still going? Used to be a pretty regular listener and then fell off pretty hard because of it. Last episode I listened to was "Hell and Back" and IIRC it sounded like maybe they were gonna move past it but have had trouble getting myself to press play again...

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

bear named tators posted:

Is the Bellow-Albee-Cordelia love triangle still going? Used to be a pretty regular listener and then fell off pretty hard because of it. Last episode I listened to was "Hell and Back" and IIRC it sounded like maybe they were gonna move past it but have had trouble getting myself to press play again...

No, that's all wrapped up.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Like... two episodes on from where you are is an episode that pretty much closes the book on it (Workin Hard) and it's paired with an amazing b plot that Branson later revealed was supposed to be a multi episode arc lmao

You've got some all time bits coming up as well like Wartortle Spone and the riverboat captain (names only but spoilered in case you want to avoid that)

bear named tators
Dec 16, 2006

.:.::HONKIN A POTATO::.:.
thanks for the info! i didn’t hate it as an idea but it kinda dominated for a while and just wasn’t that fun for me. excited to get back into it!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

New episode of Rude tales just dropped:

Revelations 2: 2Rev2lations: Final Revelation

oh my god this newest episode was so good

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I don’t think it’s a bad idea to erase Strifry from history

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

He is Nixon, after all

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I liked the title so much that I made a poster (using all Branson art).

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Shart Carbuncle posted:

Hell yes

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Shart Carbuncle posted:

loving incredible

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Bellow saying "God drat, Stir fry" really sums up the episode for me

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the party is very bad at taking in, processing, and sharing new information. which is realistic but also yeesh sometimes

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Farg posted:

the party is very bad at taking in, processing, and sharing new information. which is realistic but also yeesh sometimes

the party must have been loving with him with how many times Branson says he puts his hand on the foot before they do something about it

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Haven’t listened to Rude Tales in a year or so, so I decided to start over. Just got done with the Riddle Guy arc, still absolutely amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

RandolphCarter posted:

Haven’t listened to Rude Tales in a year or so, so I decided to start over. Just got done with the Riddle Guy arc, still absolutely amazing.

ive said it before in this very thread but "it sphinx in here" is the best listen in the whole show