Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Really, any FMV in video games, but especially the bad FMV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i had mad dog mccree lol

and whacky wheels. i loved that game, at least

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

the command and conquer series had the best fmv casts

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

suprnova.org

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao I'm doing some SD stuff and on my old 12gb Titan card it's absolutely bouncing off the meg limiter, I was halfway through an hours process when I opened a new Chrome tab with a bunch of videos on and the hardware acceleration made the SD process lose its place :mad: - Chrome H/W acceleration is now switched off, but it put me in mind of early CD Burners where you set it going and then didn't even breathe heavy near the PC til it was finished.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

*mouse moves two pixels to the left*

*450 interrupt requests fire at once and turn your $8 cd-r into a coaster*

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

The absolute zenith of cinematic storytelling imo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Volmarias posted:

The absolute zenith of cinematic storytelling imo

I love how you can see him very nearly break into a laugh but he holds it back and makes it look like mania. A true professional :patriot:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
It's Curry's finest moment in acting.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Kitfox88 posted:

It's Curry's finest moment in acting.

nah

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Right. His finest moment is Dr. Frank N. Furter

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

the man is a treasure.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

actually it’s wadsworth in clue

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

njsykora posted:

actually it’s wadsworth in clue

This is second followed by Pennywise screaming at the dude in the library getting bronze

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
definitely a tie between Clue and Legend

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

I love how you can see him very nearly break into a laugh but he holds it back and makes it look like mania. A true professional :patriot:

He doesn't make it look like mania, but the fact that he almost laughs but manages to hold it in just makes it so much better. You know there were a couple of takes and everyone realized that they were sitting on absolute gold when they saw that one.

repugnant
Jun 29, 2005

You can only think of me.

rotor posted:

definitely a tie between Clue and Legend

have you not seen muppet treasure island? the true treasure is his performance.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

repugnant posted:

have you not seen muppet treasure island? the true treasure is his performance.

i admittedly have not

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

i admittedly have not

what the gently caress rotor. this is inexcusable

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Volmarias posted:

He doesn't make it look like mania, but the fact that he almost laughs but manages to hold it in just makes it so much better. You know there were a couple of takes and everyone realized that they were sitting on absolute gold when they saw that one.
please enjoy the oral history of this scene. apparently it was the first take, and they went with it because it’s so perfect.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjkv9q/an-oral-history-of-tim-currys-escape-to-the-one-place-uncorrupted-by-capitalism

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

The Leck posted:

please enjoy the oral history of this scene. apparently it was the first take, and they went with it because it’s so perfect.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjkv9q/an-oral-history-of-tim-currys-escape-to-the-one-place-uncorrupted-by-capitalism

STUART ALLISON: I’m a huge Rocky Horror Picture Show fan. I don’t know if people think it’s a good movie or a bad movie. You can’t remake it, because it’s unique. The people are just enjoying it so much that it elevates it to this place you can’t replicate. And I felt that’s what he gave that take.

lol how long after this article was published did Netflix do their remake?

Gubbinal Girl
Apr 11, 2022

Cerv posted:

STUART ALLISON: I’m a huge Rocky Horror Picture Show fan. I don’t know if people think it’s a good movie or a bad movie. You can’t remake it, because it’s unique. The people are just enjoying it so much that it elevates it to this place you can’t replicate. And I felt that’s what he gave that take.

lol how long after this article was published did Netflix do their remake?

Oh my God I had no idea there was a remake :psyduck:

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Gubbinal Girl posted:

Oh my God I had no idea there was a remake :psyduck:

negative. there is only one rocky horror movie, just like there is only one blues brothers movie.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_War_(video_game)

Game used to make me lol so often, especially if you got Ghanji pissed off at you, he'd flood you with Propaganda and eventually you'd lose all your population.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

video game Gandhi, always a dick

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

20 cents per text message, sent or received

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/isis-yet-another-mobile-payment-outfit-to-launch-trials-oct-22/

rebranded to "softcard" not long afterwards

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this was the most insane thing

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

until I had a smartphone, I had text messages disabled because I wasn't going to pay their ridiculous per-message fees and some people just didn't get it no matter how much you told them "STOP TEXTING ME STUPID BULLSHIT, EVERY MESSAGE YOU SEND COSTS ME MONEY". when I got a smartphone, I initially used google voice, because I could text over the data plan I was already paying for and gently caress paying extra for shoving a few bytes into the packets the phone was constantly sending and receiving anyways

remember when the iPhone first came out and people were getting 300 page phone bills because it listed every single time the phone made a data connection?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdULhkh6yeA

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i dont understand what smart phones have to do with paying for texts. pretty much all danish providers had unlimited texts before smart phones were even invented

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

american telco companies are uniquely awful even for this hellhole

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

was this a US-only thing?

because lmao

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I remember reading this and wondering "why is Pat getting so het up, someone calling him shouldn't cost him anything!?"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

American telcos love to charge extra for things (texts, calls, internet, etc) that literally cost them nothing.

other countries aren’t exempt from this BS, what with their bandwidth caps and whatnot.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Kitfox88 posted:

american telco companies are uniquely awful even for this hellhole

could be worse; could be canadian telcos

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Carthag Tuek posted:

i dont understand what smart phones have to do with paying for texts. pretty much all danish providers had unlimited texts before smart phones were even invented

up until 2015 or so, american cell providers charged both for texts sent and received, although they offered unlimited texting for an additional fee. services like google voice let you send and receive texts over the data connection without paying extra for texting

otoh, european cell providers still charge you if the person you are calling or sending a text to is 10m away but over a border that's only marked today by a change in the language of the graffiti on the buildings, as 'roam like at home' only applies when you aren't in your home country, which is why everyone has whatsapp/viber/signal

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

American telcos love to charge extra for things (texts, calls, internet, etc) that literally cost them nothing.

other countries aren’t exempt from this BS, what with their bandwidth caps and whatnot.

american phone companies still have the concept of long distance fees based on phone number area codes/exchanges if you have traditional landline service, even though phone numbers haven't corresponded to physical location for 20 years at this point. it basically exists to rip off the elderly and ignorant

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The greatest thing stebe ever did was tell the telcos that they had to offer internet if they wanted to sell the iphone or they could gently caress off.

Pre-iphone, cellular internet was a real clusterfuck, at least in the US

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

jobs knowing full well he had the telcos by the nuts and refusing to let them slap their logo on the iphone remains one of his biggest accomplishments

in the uk at least our mobile companies are relatively benign, probably because we’re a small enough country that a company can actually build its own infrastructure across the whole country and we don’t end up with just one provider in a region

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
or putting their lovely apps right on it