Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

It's not an issue that Angela had never been down there before, it's just strange that they tried to play it off as some super hidden secret location, when it was a cabin in middle of a large open area surrounded by forests.

Anyone who had ever flown over the town or had looked at Google Maps would have seen it was there, they just didn't know it belonged to Kurt. If the direction on the line had been more "Huh, I didn't know that Kurt owned the cabin out here" then it would have accomplished the same goal without raising all these questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Don't forget the search helicopter Angela bummed off the billionaire to look for Matt. It was early and brief.

Also, while Kurt is wealthy as a small business tyrant, I don't know that he's "miles long driveway into the woods" wealthy. Maybe he spent literally every penny he made for a decade to build Murderlandia.

It doesn't ruin New Blood for me, just raises questions.

Speaking of questions, did they ever address Kurt being married or a widower?

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013
I think in the first episode Matt tries to justify how he acts by saying "My mom died when I was young and my dad was always distant," but past that I don't think it was mentioned.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JaddaCaddra posted:

I think in the first episode Matt tries to justify how he acts by saying "My mom died when I was young and my dad was always distant," but past that I don't think it was mentioned.

Maybe Matt meant physically distant. Deep in the woods. Building his murder bunker :v:

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Senor Tron posted:

Also watched New Blood S1 Finale, as someone who didn't watch the last season of Dexter but kept up with it through the thread I really think you should watch the episode and not read spoilers. The episode does a great job of making you think things are going to go one way and then swerving another direction.

loving great episode.

Really, loving, loved it.

I just finished the season and I have to disagree, the foreshadowing was there for a reverse briney-ending. Logan being such a great father figure to Harrison, Audrey saying we don't always do what our parents say. Harrison not being super psyched about the killing, but instead on wanting to believe his father was doing it for the right reasons and justifying it to himself. It had me thinking it was coming but I was ok with the ending. Even though Harrison's character doesn't really make sense as it seems like he also wants to commit violence regardless of the innocence of his victims, but whatever.

Overall the season was a shitload better than the last several from the original run. They needed ghost Doakes though.

Having never posted in a dexter thread I gotta say the whole show is depressing. Season 1 was cool, season 2's overarching story was a good ride but the show went down hill very quickly and it was already evident in season 2 with Dexter being so easily convinced of basically anything and changing his mind every 3 seconds based on the person he was talking to. I read a couple of the books after the first season aired and the crazy places they go were a lot of fun, the moloch one was wild.

I struggled to watch season 8 as much as anyone else, tuned out doing stuff on my 2nd monitor for a lot of it, I only watched it recently so I had to put Dexter down for a couple of months before I could watch New Blood.

My favourite part of the whole show though, is definitely Deb being told she's in love with her brother then deciding she must be in love with her brother. That poo poo made me laugh so loving hard, right up until she finds out Dexter is a serial killer, then everything sucks again. Except Minotaurmazeman.

Janitor Ludwich IV fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Aug 25, 2022

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

Dis has Fweebo’s fingewpwints all ovew it

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm sorry I dont get that reference.

Wife has taken up watching ER, its pretty good and has a lot of the similar charm and authenticity of Homicide: Life on the Streets which I watched this year also for the first time. Clancy Brown is in an episode she had on today. Wonder how he feels about his tenure as whats his name on Dexter.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I wish Ryan Murphy made a Dexter season instead of Dahmer.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
https://deadline.com/2023/02/billions-spinoffs-showtime-dexter-prequel-1235251001/

No! You can't do this!

quote:

McCarthy also confirmed that a Dexter prequel is in the works, telling the title character’s origin story. Set in his home town of Miami, it will chronicle the title character’s origin story and incorporate stories of real-life serial killers of the time. The recent sequel series Dexter: New Blood, which set Showtime viewership records, is also likely to continue with a second season in the future, McCarthy said.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Looking forward to 52-year-old Michael C. Hall in a bad wig playing a teenager for a whole season.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No god please no

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3_PPdjD6mg

Dexter and Showtime both

George H.W. Cunt fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 6, 2023

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
gonna keep watching this poo poo ngl

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Harrison was honestly pretty good in New Blood and I'd be willing to at least try a sequel series about him.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

But why? The "origin" was baked into the show via the flashbacks. And a second season? How?

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Harrison was honestly pretty good in New Blood and I'd be willing to at least try a sequel series about him.

But... he rejected everything his father was about. Dexter's dead. There's nothing there for a second season.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I already told you, a horribly overwritten psychodrama starring Michael C Hall as Ghost Dexter, who shows up right as a new spree of serial killings start which bear all the Bay Harbor Butcher hallmarks, for which Harrison conveniently never has an alibi. Is he having some psychotic breakdown and murdering people in a fugue state? Is he actually possessed by the ghost of Dexter, or loving Moloch or whoever it was in that one book no one liked? Stay tuned for the thrilling conclusion that no it's none of those cody was the killer he fell in with a bad crowd and hates his new life and figured out dexter's secret somehow and decided to become a copycat with dexter as his dark passenger for the stupidest reason imaginable

The worst reason I can come up with is that Dexter was the best dad he had and he wants to reconnect with that, but I'm sure the showrunners can surprise me.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

ram dass in hell posted:

Exactly. I'm not here for quality for gently caress's sake

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

if they're gonna do it, just say dexter didn't actually die.

there isn't some kind of writing standard to live up to here, you don't need to respect what came before. he survived. it's a miracle.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Finally, we'll find out if Ghost Deb and Ghost Dexter are ghost loving

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I'm here for more garbage, keep it coming.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

PostNouveau posted:

Finally, we'll find out if Ghost Deb and Ghost Dexter are ghost loving

Is it necrophilia if they're both dead?

Edit: #deepthoughts

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

roomtone posted:

if they're gonna do it, just say dexter didn't actually die.

The guy that died was Dexter's twin who was always just offscreen.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

they should adapt the one novel that establishes Dexter's dark passenger as an ancient evil entity (Moloch maybe?) who's possessing Dexter and then do a whole season about how he got it as a kid. retroactively make the entire series a supernatural one

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

they already did season-long arcs where Dexter contends with his urges by going to AA or taking up religion, but when he was a kid he tried all sorts of other stuff like smoking weed and signing up for a philosophy elective in college

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

itry posted:

But... he rejected everything his father was about. Dexter's dead. There's nothing there for a second season.

He goes to follow in his father’s footsteps and ghost Dexter is there along the way! It’s going to be great.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
Dexter's son rejects his father by becoming a serial killer killer killer

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

Young Doakes
Young LaGuerta
Young Masuka
:allears:

I am all in for this shite.

Please keep Michael C Hall in bad wig as younger Dexter.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just give me a series about Masuka, he was always the most interesting supporting role.

I will eat this slop up like a hog at the trough.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Christ, I couldn't bother to watch whatever it was they shat out this time, and I'm doubly uninterested in anything going further.

I saw a couple recaps, and it seems as though this show went from laughably bad to just boring bad.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Clancy Brown was the only saving grace. Watch it for Clancy, not Dexter's antics.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Clancy Brown was the only saving grace. Watch it for Clancy, not Dexter's antics.

I can't even bother with that. I have youtube for that if I wanted the Clancy brown scenes.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Just give me a series about Masuka, he was always the most interesting supporting role.

I will eat this slop up like a hog at the trough.

dont think masuka can carry a series, but I would watch Doakes: Sicko hunter with masuka as a supporting character

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Give Masuka a limited run, one series, 8 episodes. That will be all the Masuka anyone needs. All the horny in one tight season.

Actually, make seasons that focus on each character individually but with overlapping stories and scenes with the other characters. One season about Doakes, one about Masuka, one about Batista, etc.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Don’t forget the bench and the black SUV. They both need seasons.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Chicky Hines origin story

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Don’t forget the bench and the black SUV. They both need seasons.

Shoot the bench like Joe Pera, were it's just 8 hour long episodes of people walking by and sometimes sitting down.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Michael C. Hall will do a voiceover introduction and narrate the prequel episodes with a new, young actor playing him in the late 80s/early 90s.

So it will be exactly like Young Sheldon.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ram dass in hell posted:

:same: it makes me laugh