Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Synthbuttrange posted:

Bonbon has no opinions on egg.

Do you feed them egg? Or are they just inspecting it for you?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Crocobile posted:

Do you feed them egg? Or are they just inspecting it for you?

Lulu was confused by egg years ago so this is a standard test for cats now.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

catface catplace: Bonbon has no opinions on egg.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She's so dainty.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 24, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

them crossed paws

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

those paws were made for bapping

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i've never had a kitten before in my adult life. is there an age when they start to mellow out and stop being hyperactive destructive shitheads? Suzie Q is getting tired of fighting for his life at any given moment and my cords are all shredded

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Roosevelt posted:

i've never had a kitten before in my adult life. is there an age when they start to mellow out and stop being hyperactive destructive shitheads? Suzie Q is getting tired of fighting for his life at any given moment and my cords are all shredded

Yeah usually in around 3 or so years

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Roosevelt posted:

depends on the kitten. we didn't get gracie as a kit, but she was two years old and pretty chill. pita is now about two and a half years old and still quite hyper, though certainly not at kitten levels

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kittens mellow from hyperactive children to party youths at one year and then mellow from youths to middle aged nappers at about four.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Leon turned 3 in October, and I'm still waiting for this fuzzy wrecking ball to chill out and stop harassing Sundae.

https://i.imgur.com/uUwJS10.mp4

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Roosevelt posted:

menace

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

I got Sinjin when he was a little under 1 and would say he mellowed out around 18 months. Like he still plays a lot and is a young active cat, but he’s not a menace to society/me/himself.

Meanwhile, last night Niko (who’s 10ish months?) ate the better part of a squirmles worm toy attachment while I thought he was in another room. I only use them with Sinjin typically since Niko immediately shreds & slobbers all over them.

I talked to my vet and they said it might pass through ok but to let them know if he stops eating. It’s been over 12 hours and he’s still a hyper-active poo poo head and competitive eater.

:cripes: I’ve never wanted an animal to throw up or poop this bad.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hit em with the tippy

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Wanna pet that handsome cat.

And this handsome one:

Sensors deployed:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i like that he has his own little chair

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got Pudding at 1 year old and im still waiting for him to calm down.

Hartman
Dec 20, 2005
Blade Runner extrodinare

I feel I should be coming up with excuses as to why I failed when I look at this picture

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

sun boy

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Even though I know it isn't actually in the picture I can still see the wizard hat upon their noble brow.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:3:

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Roosevelt posted:

i like that he has his own little chair
My kid has two of those chairs. It's very cute when they sit in them, and my kid tells Zelda about her day.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bonbon's swatted several different brushes out of my hands if she sees me coming with them. if I brush her while she's looking elsewhere though she's fine?!

Other things she's started doing over the last day: following me whenever I'm in the kitchen, ramming the back of my legs with her head then running away, learning that people are slow and easily avoided.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 6, 2023

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

who is this gorgeous floof

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

nudgenudgetilt posted:

who is this gorgeous floof

its zelda

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 24, 2023

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

this guy turns 1in a little over a week and he has not calmed down at all. all crime all the time

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Crocobile posted:

I got Sinjin when he was a little under 1 and would say he mellowed out around 18 months. Like he still plays a lot and is a young active cat, but he’s not a menace to society/me/himself.

Meanwhile, last night Niko (who’s 10ish months?) ate the better part of a squirmles worm toy attachment while I thought he was in another room. I only use them with Sinjin typically since Niko immediately shreds & slobbers all over them.

I talked to my vet and they said it might pass through ok but to let them know if he stops eating. It’s been over 12 hours and he’s still a hyper-active poo poo head and competitive eater.

:cripes: I’ve never wanted an animal to throw up or poop this bad.

some friends of ours have a big cat who they got around 1yr old and he ate one of those feathery strings and pooped it out fine (albeit a disgusting color) so I'm manifesting that for Niko.

Sam took until pretty much this year to chill out (I think she's now about 4) and Rowdy took around until he was 3, though he was helped by getting a kitten when he was 2ish to keep him entertained. Freyja was chill pretty much immediately (estimate I got her around 6 mos old) and it really gave me the wrong impression of what looking after Luna would be like. Though Freyja took until she was 7 to even be okay with strange humans she didn't know and Luna is already doing just fine on that front.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

yes baby i do have games on my phone

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

dumb brunette posted:

some friends of ours have a big cat who they got around 1yr old and he ate one of those feathery strings and pooped it out fine (albeit a disgusting color) so I'm manifesting that for Niko.

He’s still ravenous for dinner tonight so I’m giving him some pumpkin in his food to hopefully…move things along. 😩

Trapped under my cats:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are boogers a cat thing or an environment thing? Pudding's never had them, Vasco doesnt seem to. Cookie had and Bonbon has them regularly.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Oscar has eye boogies most of the time. I keep watch on him and if his eyes are visibly goopy I'll get him to the vet but it just seems to be A Thing with him along with tiny poops.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Radio! posted:

this guy turns 1in a little over a week and he has not calmed down at all. all crime all the time

this is the future i see and dread

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

drove out to the coast and found two cats running around the rocks on the harbor spit. was difficult to get a couple pictures of this one!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

gently caress SNEEP posted:

drove out to the coast and found two cats running around the rocks on the harbor spit. was difficult to get a couple pictures of this one!

well you did a great job

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Milly gets legendary eye boogies and a pretty much never going away but sometimes flares up upper respiratory infection and she'll get little nose boogies along with some sneezing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

that grumpy face almost reminds me of a pallas cat