Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Rifftrax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Mike Nelson pls post itt

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
too much effort to consume legally

i gotta sync up some robot on multiple devices really just kill me now

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Konar posted:

There's a whole shitload of rifftrax episodes on tubi and plutoTV has a whole rifftrax channel

The guys are old af but tbh I think their riffing is better than ever, they've got that poo poo down to a science st this point

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Do they gradually crank the volume during the intro?

I swear by the end it's fuckin blaring.

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
still waiting on them to do the Hobbit movies.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

free hubcaps posted:

There's a whole shitload of rifftrax episodes on tubi and plutoTV has a whole rifftrax channel

The guys are old af but tbh I think their riffing is better than ever, they've got that poo poo down to a science st this point

MST3K has gotten worse over time, but Rifftrax has only gotten better. The quality of jokes on Rifftrax is just so high and so consistent.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
its a shame they all died in that car crash this morning

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

samcarsten posted:

still waiting on them to do the Hobbit movies.

Was just watching Icebreaker and in the moment I was asking myself, “Is this the last movie Sean Astin made before LOTR?”, they made a joke about it :hfive:

There is a particular rush I get when I make the same joke at the same time as Rifftrax and MST3k. Very weird boner.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i like it and give them money

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I'll go in every few years and buy up a shitload of shorts, those were always my favorites. Nothing has topped Shake Hands With Danger yet, though.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Those guys never fail to make me laugh. That is all.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

remember when lowtax was on rifftrax lol

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Ehud posted:

remember when lowtax was on rifftrax lol

Troll 2.

Remember the live Plan 9 from Outer Space riff? Lowtax showed up and SA goons did some fake ads they played. It was hosted by Veronica Belmont. They had some nerd comedy folk singer too. I think it was their first live show.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The Twilight rifftrax are some of the funniest poo poo.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Never got what the deal was with it, especially for MST3K which is basically the same.

I did go and see 2 or so films back in the 90's? where comedian people played a poo poo film and live dubbed it from the front of the theater, and it were loving hilarious.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Saalkin posted:

The Twilight rifftrax are some of the funniest poo poo.

https://i.imgur.com/2tIUqaV.mp4

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I attended a live simulcast of the Manos riffing and a goonlord who sat down next to me smelled so horrible I had to move across the theater.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Rifftrax is generally pretty good OP and I get on fine with Mary Jo and Bridget Nelson too for the 'girly' stuff. Not those other random guys they have on there for some stuff, though.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Animal-Mother posted:

I attended a live simulcast of the Manos riffing and a goonlord who sat down next to me smelled so horrible I had to move across the theater.

This is the only danger of going to one of these at a theater. I went to the Space Mutiny one and a guy in front of me tried adding his own riffs at first, he even tried to get a chant going in the audience. Thankfully nobody reacted at all, but then he played on his phone for the rest of the movie.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

That all reminds me of the wrestlehut goon who was excited to go to the first aew ppv but it was ruined because some goon nearby poo poo himself and refused to miss a match

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

feedmegin posted:

Rifftrax is generally pretty good OP and I get on fine with Mary Jo and Bridget Nelson too for the 'girly' stuff. Not those other random guys they have on there for some stuff, though.

I'll catch Mary Jo and Bridget doing a Freddie Stewart movie on the twitch channel occasionally and those are great.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
iiiiiceberg simpson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxLS-cpgbe0&t=1s

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

free hubcaps posted:

I watched some on Pluto a while back and a movie came on with Brit dudes riffing the movie.

Who are the Brit doodz?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Mulaney Power Move posted:

That all reminds me of the wrestlehut goon who was excited to go to the first aew ppv but it was ruined because some goon nearby poo poo himself and refused to miss a match

Lol link plz

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

This is now the riff raff thread

Broke them boys off with a funny colored sprite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5BY_l26Kg

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Konar posted:

It's streaming on Twitch 24/7.

Also old MST3K

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

free hubcaps posted:

Lol link plz

It was just one post:

Cavauro posted:

someone in an nWo shirt with tons of dandruff all over it shitted in their pants during the double or nothing show and didn't get up to do anything about it for the rest of the show and ruined the show for many others who could smell the poo poo.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Lowtrax

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Smugworth posted:

Riff Raff holds the distinction of being the only G to unsuccessfully transition into a Gent. Seems to be doing great in life, though!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I watched the rifftrax of warriors of the wasteland the other day and while the whole thing was great I lost it at the bit Mike does over the end credits about holding the kid's clammy hand, just perfect delivery.

E: rifftrax in general has some great end credits bits in a way I don't think MST ever really did, though I could be wrong. Mike singing the megaforce them in its entirety and the one where the guys all start shooting guns wildly (the film escapes me) are also high points

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 7, 2023

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I wonder how shattered they were when they heard the news about Lowtax

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

This is the only danger of going to one of these at a theater. I went to the Space Mutiny one and a guy in front of me tried adding his own riffs at first, he even tried to get a chant going in the audience. Thankfully nobody reacted at all, but then he played on his phone for the rest of the movie.

i went to a paul verhoeven movie marathon and some fucker was doing this for 2 movies until his group got bored and left.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

Did Riff Raff ever end up suing the move "Spring Breakers" for stealing his identity for James Franco's character? I know he was real upset about that

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

free hubcaps posted:

Big MST3K fan here and for a long time would put them on to sleep. Albeit full of commercials, the Rifftrax channel has been filling the hole as I don't follow the new MST3K. Love the guys, love the gals (Bridget and Mary Jo), but I don't like the "others" or the Brits. It's nothing against them, it's just not the same for me.

I truly feel that Mike, Bill, Kevin, Mary Jo and Bridget are the base of what makes the riffing tolerable and humorous. They're like the "Blue Angels" of sarcastic comments.

hemale in pain posted:

i went to a paul verhoeven movie marathon and some fucker was doing this for 2 movies until his group got bored and left.

I LOVE MST3K, but I would get up and threaten violence for this. I can't even watch the "Rifftrax Live" episodes due to the audience grating on me, but I'm weird like that.

El Diablo Bob O fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 8, 2023

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Rifftrax is good. The Mads are also very fun. One of my favorite things Ive ever done was go see the Mads live.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Love the shorts. Like the full length riffs, but hate setting that poo poo up.

They have tons of shorts and full movies on their official Youtube channel too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4iPl4KcebU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyye2KOdGLU Robbie Tripp loving sucks and I'm a better rapper than him but I like the chick in orange here, she's got a bigg butt if u know what i mean, and also i like Riff Raff cuz Riff Raff is a cool dude.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Extra Large Marge posted:

Did Riff Raff ever end up suing the move "Spring Breakers" for stealing his identity for James Franco's character? I know he was real upset about that

It would have been fruitless. You can't fight city hall, as they say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyye2KOdGLU Robbie Tripp loving sucks and I'm a better rapper than him but I like the chick in orange here, she's got a bigg butt if u know what i mean, and also i like Riff Raff cuz Riff Raff is a cool dude.

I know what u mean