Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You are stalked through an abandoned subway by an evil clown. You have a claw hammer and a flashlight. The flashlight only has forty seconds of battery life but more batteries can be found in toolboxes scattered around in abandoned subway cars. Health can be restored by eating rats you kill with the claw hammer. Be careful of staying too long in the dark because your madness meter rises and that attracts the clown. You can run at double your walking speed (glacially slow) for three seconds but must recharge for fifteen seconds before you can run again.

You can jump, but only as high as the average sidewalk curb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

it's 1996

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
get this: the audio logs you recover start talking about being watched and controlled by an unseen entity. it's talking about you, the player.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Just take Doom, slow down the enemies 50%, and get rid of all the weapons. Market it as retro.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You have a nokia 3310 but no signal. You can recover your sanity in safe rooms by playing snake, but only if you get a new high score.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

You're trying to survive but...and get this... you're a DOG and most thing that are on screen are kinda blurry except stuff that give off smells!!!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You are stalked through the Chernobyl nuclear complex by an evil radioactive clown. Patches of strong radiation lower your health but you can take iodine pills to restore health. Boxes of iodine pills are tiny and basically invisible against the concrete texture of the walls, floor, and ceiling. You will encounter famous scenes from Chernobyl, including the infamous Elephants Foot slag heap.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Make it like all the other ones but the pixels are smaller and you can romance the monsters

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

A monster is right in front of you! Turn very slowly on the spot until you are facing the correct direction to escape.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You wake up on an abandoned cruise ship that has been overrun by murderous clowns. You have a sun hat and a Hawaiian shirt. Your goal is to reach the lifeboats but you must fist navigate the many rooms where an evil clown may be lurking around any corner. You can restore health by putting on sunblock stolen from luggage found scattered around the ship.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
every level is the same hospital floor looped over and over except with more bullshit. we pitch it as being trapped in layers of your psyche or w/e but really we just can't afford additional map assets

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
also the clown is a manifestation of the protagonist's abusive childhood which we learn more about as the game progresses through scripted flashback vignettes whenever you take an anti psychosis pill which you also find littered around the nuclear reactor. there's some sort of twist near the end that has the appearance of tying everything together but falls apart under scrutiny because none of us can write good

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

let me just post some really gross fanart of a 3000 year old toddler on the official account...

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You are pursued through a haunted house by an evil clown doll that has the power to teleport to your location if your madness meter gets above a certain level. Looking at portraits of your mother (of which there are many) raise the madness meter, but drinking alcohol lowers the madness meter. You can ward off the clown doll with a crucifix but the crucifix becomes less effective each time you use it and becomes completely ineffective after four uses. There are diaries scattered around the mansion that each contain a single diary entry. Once you find all the diary entries you discover that your character is insane.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

You're trying to survive the zombie apocalypse but...and get this... you're a RAT and need to steal from the food caches. Make sure to avoid hungry survivors and zombies!!!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

What if something spooky happened back in the spookiest decade of all... THE 1990S?!?!?!

Also there should be a jumpscare when you look in the bathroom.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

What if something spooky happened back in the spookiest decade of all... THE 1990S?!?!?!

the jncos that ate people.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You wake up in a Russian submarine trapped at the bottom of the sea. The crew has mysteriously vanished. You must piece together clues as to what happened while evading a mysterious clown like entity that seems drawn to your rising panic level. The sound of your breathing and heartbeat are distractingly loud and cannot be muted.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

You are an alien that is the sole survivor of a terrible crash. You can disguise yourself as human but the only way to gather enough resources to return home is to become US PRESIDENT. The only roadblock is your opponent... one DONALD J TRUMP

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Applewhite posted:

You wake up in a Russian submarine trapped at the bottom of the sea. The crew has mysteriously vanished. You must piece together clues as to what happened while evading a mysterious clown like entity that seems drawn to your rising panic level. The sound of your breathing and heartbeat are distractingly loud and cannot be muted.

Don't forget the head bobbing and swaying that can't be turned off.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

A Fancy Hat posted:

It's the 1990s and you're trapped in an abandoned video arcade that goes on forever. The games will sometimes turn on unexpectedly when you approach, startling the player. Find abandoned slices of pizza to restore your hunger meter and play games to collect prize tickets to trade for useful items. Beware, though, an evil birthday clown also stalks the arcade.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
The twist is you're a bad person and you deserve all this.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

NoiseAnnoys posted:

the jncos that ate people.

"You examine the worn photograph. A man with a bizarre hairstyle looks solemn, his hair adorned with a multitude of bleached spikes. Perhaps some kind of demonic crown? HIs clothes hang loosely on his body, as if they've been stolen from a much larger victim. He has no visible legs, simply two large tubes of denim. You look at the quote on the back of the photo 'Keep it loose, see you next year. Class of '99 forever, biatch!' You don't know why, but this makes you very uncomfortable."

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

itry posted:

Don't forget the head bobbing and swaying that can't be turned off.

Your vision narrows to a tunnel if your character hyperventilates, which is often

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

"You examine the worn photograph. A man with a bizarre hairstyle looks solemn, his hair adorned with a multitude of bleached spikes. Perhaps some kind of demonic crown? HIs clothes hang loosely on his body, as if they've been stolen from a much larger victim. He has no visible legs, simply two large tubes of denim. You look at the quote on the back of the photo 'Keep it loose, see you next year. Class of '99 forever, biatch!' You don't know why, but this makes you very uncomfortable."

"you rotate the picture. a string of ... puka shells falls out. you smell cool water cologne and hear the faint strains of Eifel Blue. Do you put them on? "

X- Yes
B- No

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It all starts when your character looks at a photograph of an evil clown. Now you're being hunted through an endless shopping mall circa 1990. The mannequins sometimes come to life and attack you. When you pass an electronics store, distorted, creepy music plays. The mall seems to go on forever. You can restore sanity by riding the duck ride. Quarters for the duck ride can be found scattered around the environment. There is a shop full of guns but they're just textures on the wall and cannot be used.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

hmm, when the player is being hunted by the monster do i go with "YOU ARE BEING HUNTED, RUN!" flashing in large letters or "RUN!" in huge letters?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Wall Balls posted:

hmm, when the player is being hunted by the monster do i go with "YOU ARE BEING HUNTED, RUN!" flashing in large letters or "RUN!" in huge letters?

As long as it obstructs 80% of the screen it doesn't matter.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The year is 2023. You've just received a mysterious VHS in the mail. It's your estranged wife begging you to come rescue her from an old, abandoned theme park that's been closed since the 1990s.

You equip yourself with your trusty EZ-Break claw hammer and a backpack full of clementine oranges and plunge into the nightmare world of 90s nostalgia.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

i'm the procedural rogue-lite elements

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Trillhouse posted:

i'm the procedural rogue-lite elements

oh gently caress you dude you're the worst

can't even memorize the drat terrible game cause of you

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

We should put a phone in the game, but when you pick it up, a voice says "YOU'RE DEAD, KID". Or is that too intense?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You can interact with various props (they float in the air in front of you) but not a single one of them is useful in any way.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

u face 3 doors

💰 | ❓ | ☠️

u pick ❓ door and get a relic that increases your attack speed by 10%

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

A Fancy Hat posted:

We should put a phone in the game, but when you pick it up, a voice says "YOU'RE DEAD, KID". Or is that too intense?

It's an old rotary phone, which makes it scarier.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

I think it should be someone just breathing heavily on the other end but saying nothing. Someone... or something.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The year is 1972, you are a sexy, sexy lady in your hippy finest, and must escape from a music festival gone wrong. Can you avoid the crazed and mutated music fans and the forces of the man who are coming to shut it all down and clean up the witnesses? Listen to groovy music to calm your heart rate from dangerous levels, take drugs to recover health but distort your perceptions, and equip yourself with tent pole spears and the contents of trashed concession stands. Engage in a free love lesbian dating sim that makes no sense in context but including it brought in 1000% more kickstarter money.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Alright, how do these titties look? Should I spend another week working on em?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I'm the choices that matter, and by that I mean I change a few side elements but do nothing to the main beats of the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
In the end there's a mirror on the wall and when you look in it you see that you're the monster. Can you do a mirror, Ted? Ok we'll put a post-it note on the wall that says "you're the monster"