Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
with tears of the kingdom continuing out in may this’d be a great time to play botw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Casual Encountess posted:

i am super late to the switch but the cool thing is i already know what all the good games are

big same

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

President Beep posted:

with tears of the kingdom continuing out in may this’d be a great time to play botw.

seriously if you didn't if you play botw now is the loving time, and also im very jealous of getting to experience it for the first time 'cuz i can't do that again

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
big loving same.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Just hope this one has dungeons, and like, new equipment and such in said dungeons.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Just hope this one has dungeons, and like, new equipment and such in said dungeons.

Thats actually a good question a lot of the footage has been of big open areas again (and the sky which looks dope), but obviously the main trailer starts off like spelunky so.... Probably? Gonna be sick either way.

I wonder if they'll do weapon durability again the same way? It never bothered me like a lot of people but I do think a standard approach would be more fun.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

never bugged me either, tbh.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

given that one of the big criticisms of botw was how samey the divine beasts are id be shocked if they didnt put resources into making dungeons a bigger priority

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

I'd be cool with more shrines too, if they just made them a bit more involved. Think they stretched themselves a little thin trying to hit that magic 120 number tbh.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

tbh it’d be fine with me if it’s pretty much just a continuation of botw. as long as there’s more exploring to do i’m in

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i can't wait to climb and glide

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
the good switch game is Fire Emblem Three Houses

i haven't played the newest fire emblem they just released a few weeks ago but it looks bad

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Achmed Jones posted:

i can't wait to climb and glide

:rock:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Sapozhnik posted:

the good switch game is Fire Emblem Three Houses

if it didnt have the hogwarts poo poo maybe you'd have an argument

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
new BotW is just a rip off of Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
the original banjo kazooie is breathtakingly hard

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

InternetOfTwinks posted:

eh, idk, i think the full open design is pretty great, no real reason to metroidvania it up again. but i do hope and expect for a world filled with more varied stuff, like distinct dungeons (e.g. other than the sneaking being a bit annoying the yiga clan hideout was a rare cool setpiece in botw, more like that would be neat).

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

i'm continuing to not play it until it's <$20 or until switch pro maybe

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

MrQueasy posted:

You're just making me want it way more now

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

i'm continuing to not play it until it's <$20 or until switch pro maybe
goondolences on never playing botw

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jesus WEP posted:

i can live with that easily. i already am

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

if you call that living

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

i know. very sad.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I don’t own a switch myself but my kids have one and they have no interest at all in games like botw. id love to play through it with them but i dont want to spend $80 on something they’ll never play. I should just buy it for them and take away/delete all their other games

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

the elden ring arena pvp dlc looks really fun but my casual rear end has no interest in competing with people who play so competitively. cmon and release the story dlc fromsoft

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

sick

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

polyester concept posted:

the elden ring arena pvp dlc looks really fun but my casual rear end has no interest in competing with people who play so competitively. cmon and release the story dlc fromsoft

been saying this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Been playing through lost judgement, the story is incredible and i'm glad they made yagami slightly less of an rear end in a top hat.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

MrQueasy posted:

i didnt understand this post till i saw there was a new trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYZuiFDQwQw

new game has 100% more nuts and bolts, gently caress ya

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

polyester concept posted:

If it makes you feel better most of the people I've matched again have been pretty close to on my level and I am definitely no competitor.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm gonna have to play hi-fi rush next

one of the bosses constantly jojo poses

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2y2bIlfbfI

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
fantastic

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
drat hes way more in touch with the community than i gave him credit for

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

dark and darker looks kind of cool and the acronym is DAD, so it can't be all bad

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

dioxazine posted:

dark and darker looks kind of cool and the acronym is DAD, so it can't be all bad

it does look cool but tbh i want the core structure but single-player and turn-based because im a sicko

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

dioxazine posted:

it can, actually

also the game itself is poo poo, if for some reason you're okay supporting developers who think antisemitic 4chan memes are cool

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

oh, well then. that's very unfortunate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Foo Diddley posted:

it can, actually

also the game itself is poo poo, if for some reason you're okay supporting developers who think antisemitic 4chan memes are cool

very cool how that’s still a thing.