Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

post itt when media makes you babble like a baby

i got to the end without guides or spoilers and it snapped me over it's knee emotionally in a beautiful way.

you can surely imagine what it was like for me to watch Up in the theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Concerning

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I want to make out with Kim Kitsuragi

I want to make out with Kim Kitsuragi

I want Kim Kitsuragi to love me

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I’m on day two, have already taken offensive amounts of poo poo from a couple of teenagers, an old man playing boules, a racist dockworker, a union boss, a loving corpse on a tree, almost died from sitting in a chair, and basically hope everyone in this city dies. gently caress them all, gently caress this place.

Except for the girl outside the bookshop, she’s alright.

Edit: gently caress your partner too, ACAB

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The best part of that game was converting the party boy into a HARDCORE ultra-liberal and having him shout something like “eat the poor….yeeeeeah party people!!” while pumping up the rave. That and becoming insanely rich. :c00l:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Too many words not enough guns in that game

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I didn't like being stuck in one city, specifically the shittiest quarter. Also, the whole playing as a mentally disturbed alcoholic thing hit a bit too close to home.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It's the same vibe as people who use the word praxis

But you see goon it's just a joke just some smart man politix ribbing from the drunk detective man, yes sir I used the P word with irony and you can't prove otherwise

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
its a good game where the alcoholic wreck of a human is using political ideas he barely understands as a crutch to get by and people on the internet are all "WOW THIS IS SO SMART"

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Also, the whole playing as a mentally disturbed alcoholic thing hit a bit too close to home.

Same, kind of. The other thing was the writing was either ugly and hostile or sort of boring to me. The humour wasn't funny, just sarcastic and verbose. A Politics game could be interesting but it's presented under layers of unappealing poo poo that just put me in a bad mood. Tried the game twice, felt the same both times.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I haven't played a video game made after 2011 sorry. but I cried at the end of where the red fern grows in 4th grade

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I liked Disco Elysium. It's a fun ride, altho I'm more interested in the gameplay where you can take very different approaches to the same problems. Going from a sorry-cop to a hobo superstar in different playthroughs was fun. The story is largely the same but it's fun to see the perception shift based on whether you take it seriously or treat it all as a joke.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Up was not even fair. It comes at you hard right away and then comes back in later for the finisher. There's no shame in crying to that movie.

I'm surprised nobody has posted about Red Dead Redemption 2 yet!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Wonderful game but I got bored with it and haven't played it in a while. I'm maybe on day 6 or something.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Also, the whole playing as a mentally disturbed alcoholic thing hit a bit too close to home.

Yeah dude, for real. :smith::hf::smith:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
same fella

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
Your mom's wedding video.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Excellent Gamer Tip: Do Not Shave

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I thought it was pretty fun and a lot of the failures were amazing. I didn't learn to communicate with my tie though.

Songbearer posted:

Excellent Gamer Tip: Do Not Shave

Jesus this.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Any media with sad old people op

poo poo fucks me up.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

one of the very few games worth giving a poo poo about

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Smugworth posted:

Too many words not enough guns in that game

Four different guns that can be collected is a perfectly fine amount.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The unpromising race pupil returns.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i watched twin peaks season 3 recently, and the scene where the log lady is talking about how she's dying and scared and it almost doesn't feel scripted.

i was crying for a while

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I cry for all the people who can't read politics words good

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

KitConstantine posted:

Any media with sad old people op

poo poo fucks me up.

There's this movie about jack nicholson and his dementia ridden wife in an old people home, and he reads their love story every day to make her remember him. I cried so much at the end, tho it is a bittersweet ending.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

lol u cried what a baby

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

gently caress does cuno care?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

git apologist posted:

lol u cried what a baby

It owned, I made many badass sounds like uwuwu and hurrgh and abloo abloo

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Dragonstoned posted:

gently caress does cuno care?

cuno, all alone, in his darkest moments: "gently caress................. Does Cuno care?"

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Son of Rodney posted:

There's this movie about jack nicholson and his dementia ridden wife in an old people home, and he reads their love story every day to make her remember him. I cried so much at the end, tho it is a bittersweet ending.

What movie

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Last time poo poo really hosed me up is when i rewatched Six Feet Under, like every other episode makes u cry lol

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Last time poo poo really hosed me up is when i rewatched Six Feet Under, like every other episode makes u cry lol
I'm sure that poo poo hits especially hard if you've followed the characters but as someone who watched it all thirdhand just in-passing it was... very hard to be affected the same way. Must be how Marvel movies look to drat-near everyone.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

the shining

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i cried both times i watched a beautiful mind at the end when russel crowe thanks jennifer connelly for sticking with him even though he is batshit

it took me a long time to get on top of my depression and that was relatable and hit me in the feels

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I only cry when angels deserve to die :colbert:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

the movie Big Fish

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

it was okay. not really getting the hype.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

It's called the notebook and the old guy was james Garner not jack Nicholson lmao, how did I get these confused.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

disco elysium is boring poo poo, sorry to break this to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

The investigation always ending the same way with the same culprit no matter what you did or how you did it was a real bummer. They even wrote in the point where it could conveniently deviate to any number of finales but no, that would have been interesting.