Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

theflyingexecutive posted:

people will never know it says that because they'll see the logo and never get close enough to read it

this is 100% why I haven't put it in sticker form on anything, it's only identifiable as mocking bitcoin from up close and to everyone else you just look like a moron

ok well more of a moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

I saw that post and well, I want the MIT to do what Mossad did with Eichmann (just the super arrested part)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

lol. let’s see how this works out for Fraudo

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1623092931904294912?s=46&t=8c02U4FZU3DxBBgTqFQsEA

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

I kind of want to get the "it can't be this stupid, you must be explaining it wrong" bitcoin logo as an enameled button pin run but the sweet spot seems to be a run of about 300 pieces

ugh

have you considered making it an nft

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Maybe if it was
code:
It Can’t Be That Stupid
You Must Be Explaining It Wrong
where the B’s are buttcoin logos

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

https://twitter.com/BinanceHelpDesk/status/1623205439600054273

you can only get disaster relief if you registered on our site before the disaster occurred, sorry dude!

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Is this really a full list if the source is the FEC? It still doesn’t include dark money right?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Family is safu

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

quote:

Day Trading BTC looks easy as fk (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 21 minutes ago by cotton_clad_scholar

Disclaimer: I know nothing about investing.
BTC is now around 20k to 22k. Throughout the day it goes up and down between those numbers.
Do people just sell every time it goes up 1k and buy back again when it goes down 1k.
Is there a name for this?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

some scholar. real top of the class student there

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
buy low sell high??

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

https://www.theregister.com/2023/02/08/webaverse_crypto_stolen posted:

Scammers steal $4 million in crypto during face-to-face meeting

Ahad Shams, the co-founder of Web3 metaverse gaming engine startup Webaverse, discovered in late November 2022 that someone had stolen $4 million of his cryptocurrency – during a real world interaction.

[...]

"We aren't 100 percent sure as to technically how this happened yet, but in short it involved the scammers convincing us to move funds into a fresh wallet (which we created and controlled) in order to provide 'proof of funds'," Shams wrote.

[...]

In the Webaverse case, Shams wrote that he was working to close a Series A fundraising round when he was contacted by man calling himself the lawyer for a person – "Joseph Safra" – who wanted to invest in Webaverse. The email seemed to be from a legitimate law firm – Shams checked the website – and the lawyer sent him know your customer (KYC) information, which eventually turned out to be fake.

[...]

"We sat across from these men and transferred 4M USDC [USD Coin] into the Trust Wallet," Shams wrote. "'Mr Safra' asked to see the balances on the Trust Wallet app and took out his phone to 'take some pictures'. We thought it was weird but since no private keys or seed phrases were showing, we humored them."

He said Mr Safra was satisfied but needed to step outside to discuss it over with his colleagues.

"We never saw him again," Shams wrote. "Minutes later the funds left the wallet. I was in shock … I had absolutely no idea how these guys had stolen the money from us."

yeah i would love to invest in your company, one thing though first. can you put $4 million into this box right in front of me? i promise i wont take it

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

hello yes my name is Mr Wally Inspector and I have a business proposition for you, but first!

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

yeah i would love to invest in your company, one thing though first. can you put $4 million into this box right in front of me? i promise i wont take it

idk if i believe some dude named Shams

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Funds Are Safra

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

reading that felt kinda similar to watching a magic show

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

raminasi posted:

reading that felt kinda similar to watching a magic show
specifically the ending of Burt Wonderstone

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1623501029881831424?s=20

Starting now

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I think the best part is the guy sending over his KYC information (?) and then... them not actually knowing their customer.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Great long read on Fraudo’s shenanigans from the FT no paywall

https://www.ft.com/content/6e912f25-f1b7-4b19-b370-007fbc867246

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

smellmycheese posted:

Great long read on Fraudo’s shenanigans from the FT no paywall

https://www.ft.com/content/6e912f25-f1b7-4b19-b370-007fbc867246

There's absolutely a paywall, but not here: https://archive.is/hdQe9

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

There is a paywall.
E,fb.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Scarodactyl posted:

There is a paywall.
E,fb.

weird. I could read it no problem by clicking through on Elon musks Twitter. but thanks for fixing. it’s a great read.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

weird. I could read it no problem by clicking through on Elon musks Twitter. but thanks for fixing. it’s a great read.

Twitter is now so unprofitable it strips other websites in its proximity of their ability to make money.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

gschmidl posted:

There's absolutely a paywall, but not here: https://archive.is/hdQe9

lol at John Ray leaving SBF on read. get hosed nerd.

quote:

Since moving home, Bankman-Fried has occupied a book-lined room where he has parked a desk with two huge monitors in the middle of the floor. To one side, there is a sofa where he frequently sleeps, even though his bedroom is down the hall. When he shifts to sit cross-legged in his swivel chair, a characteristic pose, he has to adjust the chunky black ankle monitor he wears as a condition of his confinement.
lol.

(in gradeschool I remember the badass kids bragging about learning how to get the ankle monitor off without tripping it from their parents. I guess sam doesn't have any real criminal friends.)

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 9, 2023

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Trillhouse posted:

The best part is Sam's decision to start using "Mr. Ray" in the third message.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Trillhouse posted:

lol.

(in gradeschool I remember the badass kids bragging about learning how to get the ankle monitor off without tripping it from their parents. I guess sam doesn't have any real criminal friends.)

you knew multople people with ankle monitors?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Boxturret posted:

in gradeschool/highschool I knew multiple kids who's parents had ankle monitors.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

bort posted:

he's a John J. Ray of sunshine

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

bort posted:

You can call him Ray...

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Boxturret posted:

i knew at least two in high school

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

ankle monitor, preferred couture of the well-appointed White collar criminal

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Boxturret posted:

not uncommon in the us lol

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Grace Baiting posted:

ankle monitor, preferred couture of the well-appointed White collar criminal

Neal Caffrey would have it no other way

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

this whole article is off the hook and I can't copy/paste enough to do it justice: https://www.ft.com/content/6e912f25-f1b7-4b19-b370-007fbc867246

i will leave you with this one little gem:

quote:

Ellison weighed in over chat from Hong Kong but seemed disengaged. Alameda had gambled hugely and been badly affected by the collapse of digital assets in 2022. Ellison told a colleague she was “relieved” that she wouldn’t have to carry the burden of running Alameda any more. “She felt a little trapped,” the colleague said. “It was over, even if it was a bad ‘over.’”

"boy i'm glad alameda is done. it sure was stressful and now that it is bankrupt i can lie back with a drink and relax. now, what is this email about "regulators" who are "upset" and "threatening a lifetime in jail" over "stealing billions of dollars" trying to communicate???"

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
more like the burden of polycule harem top dog

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

uh

quote:

He complains of too much down time and the opportunity to stew. In his den, there is a marble slab table with two chess sets set up side by side. Who does he play with? “Right now, no one. It is sort of there prospectively as much as anything else,” he said. He spends his days on calls with lawyers and journalists, or writing long and rambling reflections on what happened. So far, he has produced over a thousand pages, he told me.

i feel like i can currently hear the wind caused by the US attorney sprinting to the courthouse to get a warrant for those thousand pages

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

sbf waiting desperately to do the genius thing where he beats two people at chess at a time, if only his polycule hadn't collapsed due to all his crimes:smith:

I feel this video sums up sbf quite well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hpd5M8Vfdg

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

evilweasel posted:

this whole article is off the hook and I can't copy/paste enough to do it justice: https://www.ft.com/content/6e912f25-f1b7-4b19-b370-007fbc867246

i will leave you with this one little gem:

"boy i'm glad alameda is done. it sure was stressful and now that it is bankrupt i can lie back with a drink and relax. now, what is this email about "regulators" who are "upset" and "threatening a lifetime in jail" over "stealing billions of dollars" trying to communicate???"

eh, i can kinda see relief from the known stress of having to keep constantly spinning plates overwhelming concern about an uncertain* future

*you know, kinda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

That article is loving wild, but I get unreasonably loving angry at the way he emails.

The AG from the country you are in writes you a formal email asking when you will be available to answer questions regarding your possible sale and you start your reply with 'hey'?

There should be a legal obligation to strike him with a brick for doing that.