Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it just means reacting to what’s happening but its etymology is 100% from bustin a nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Person who's left their mic on accidentally and starts an outbound telephone call on minute 2 of the meeting

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

jesus WEP posted:

it just means reacting to what’s happening but its etymology is 100% from bustin a nut

peep who snypes

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

rotor posted:

at my old job back in 2008 before zoom calls we'd have a lot of conference calls where people would dial in and talk because we had a bunch of little offices and there was someone who had a parrot and we could never figure out who owned it or when or if the parrot would strike but every now & then there'd be just like the CFO talking about whatever and then BRAAAAAAWK and then we'd have to ask that whoever has the parrot please remember to mute and no one would ever admit to having the parrot.

My parrots attend meetings all the time and if I’m forced to go on video everyone gets a visual delight of some happy colorful birds beepin around my shoulder

If they get loud they go to their room but office birds are great

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Guy who schedules a meeting between the sacred lunch hours of 12 - 2. I'm going to loving kill you!!!!

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
taking a two hour lunch is a chad move

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Buck Turgidson posted:

Guy who schedules a meeting between the sacred lunch hours of 12 - 2. I'm going to loving kill you!!!!

guy who thinks he's preserving these by scheduling the meeting right at 2, but but he's an hour ahead of you so it ends up in there anyway

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

guy who literally hosed during a meeting (but triple checked he was on mute)

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

go play outside Skyler posted:

:quagmire:

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

cmon give us more

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

guy who is epic.... epic for the win.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
knew a girl who would blow her husband during his meetings but i guess im just not a thrill seeker because that would stress me out so bad i doubt i could even get half mast

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Buck Turgidson posted:

guy who schedules a meeting during the 12:00 hour, then doesnt attend the meeting

i had two of these in the same day (one 12:00-12:30, the other 12:30-1:00) last week

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Corla Plankun posted:

knew a girl who would blow her husband during his meetings but i guess im just not a thrill seeker because that would stress me out so bad i doubt i could even get half mast

i suppose it would depend on how much participation in the meeting is required :thunk:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jeffrey Toobin posts in yospos??

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

go play outside Skyler "has asked for some time off while he deals with a personal issue"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Professor who says to his class "I'll be back in just a moment" and then mutes but fails to turn off his camera as he hits an enormous bong, leading to videos of the incident being shared on Instagram

(Not me fortunately)

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Sagebrush posted:

Professor who says to his class "I'll be back in just a moment" and then mutes but fails to turn off his camera as he hits an enormous bong, leading to videos of the incident being shared on Instagram

(Not me fortunately)

gently caress yeah

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Sagebrush posted:

(Not me fortunately)

Professor bongrip the realest

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Sagebrush posted:

(Not me fortunately)

lame students, let professor bongrip do his thing

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Plorkyeran posted:

my slack status is "away" 95% of the day and it's just not a problem

:same:

If anyone asks I am VNC'd into one of our developer machines.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

that guys name?

albert einstein

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

(Not me fortunately)

AnimeIsTrash posted:

that guys name?

albert einstein

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
teams presence just does not work on my m1 mbp (always says im offline) and it’s been a big win for me

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Sagebrush posted:

(Not me fortunately)

hell fuckin yeah he better not have had any problems because of it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy who starts presenting and forgets that webex double mutes him

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i had someone message me 2 minutes BEFORE the meeting's scheduled start time to ask me if i was going to join. are you loving high

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

post hole digger posted:

i had someone message me 2 minutes BEFORE the meeting's scheduled start time to ask me if i was going to join. are you loving high

You sure they weren’t trying to cancel?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

if he was, he was barking up the wrong tree. i didnt schedule the meeting and neither did he.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

post hole digger posted:

reply 18 minutes later with “sorry, just saw this” and nothing else

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

post hole digger posted:

Used to have a PM who had a slack app that would message everyone in his meetings beforehand reminding them the meeting was about to start

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I think the message included a passive aggressive tip about being on time

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

distortion park posted:

Used to have a PM who had a slack app that would message everyone in his meetings beforehand reminding them the meeting was about to start

distortion park posted:

I think the message included a passive aggressive tip about being on time

lmao, that would just give me more motivation to be purposefully late

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Guy holding a meeting about how we're appointing Yambassadors to roll out something called Yammer Viva Engage.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I think I'm going to quit and teach kids how to read and write. Cheers :cheerdoge:

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Buck Turgidson posted:

Guy holding a meeting about how we're appointing Yambassadors to roll out something called Yammer Viva Engage.

punishment: death by guillotine

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
guy who rambles on and on during the daily standup about whatever architectural choice in the engine caused him grief the previous day

dude I'm the only other programmer in our tiny feature team and even i don't give a gently caress and everyone else in the meeting care even less, just say what you worked on and let's end this already

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Buck Turgidson posted:

my old company had ms teams and yammer and somehow everyone came to the unspoken agreement that nothing of value was ever communicated on yammer, so normal people could uninstall it and the people with emojis in their linkedin could go hog wild on the workposting equivalent of a superfund site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

that's a perfect summation of yammer, thank you