Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
They're called lactating queens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

that's an unfortunate snype right there

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

is that some kind of diamond dog?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

bob page thinks he’s jc denton

https://twitter.com/pliny_theelder/status/1622971609844973575

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

meanwhile in the musk compound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4orTvfvdz8

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

effortless cool

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have glasses like that

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

NoneMoreNegative posted:

effortless cool

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol scrolling AliX and

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004662352939.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ars458hcETE

"Remember... We Care."

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol scrolling AliX and

"But cannot truth can be made through the repetition of a lie?" yells Dick Cheney, as he tears his shirt off exposing a giant mechanical heart protruding from his chest, his weak point

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sagebrush posted:

i have glasses like that

i had similar ones in the late nineties. i did not look that cool at all and tbh i doubt anybody ever will.

also in general, 90s clip-on shades were so annoyingly heavy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

round or oval wire-rimmed glasses are back in style. square plastic frames are now super millennial and cheugy. all the k-pop stars are wearing delicate 90s inspired styles

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

round or oval wire-rimmed glasses are back in style. square plastic frames are now super millennial and cheugy. all the k-pop stars are wearing delicate 90s inspired styles

I want to say I don't believe you but I'm assuming by having to actually teach students you're probably more aware of current trends than the rest of us

I refuse to believe that boot cut jeans are coming back though

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

are my glasses cool y/n

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Just google "BTS glasses" and you'll see it's all stuff like this:

We are solidly back in the 90s. All my students are wearing baggy sweatshirts, high waisted mom jeans, and wire rimmed glasses. They especially dislike skinny jeans and thick plastic nerd glasses as these are accoutrements of millennials.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

these are accoutrements of millennials.
:barf:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

are my glasses cool y/n

Sort of. They're pretty dadly, so they're fine if you are going for that look. They are cooler than plastic "hipster glasses" for sure

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i wear my dadness on my sleeve (and elsewhere)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Not particularly fun fact: if you look for glasses frames on Amazon and eBay, the wire aviator with clear lenses not unlike yours is now being sold as "Dahmer glasses," presumably because of the show that just came out. I hate it. I hate the idea that people watched it and thought "drat that guy looks good." I hate all media about serial killers.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
my solution is to simply have good eyesight that doesnt need to be corrected but y'all can do whatever

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

gross

i am glad that these aren't near as big as aviators - while i like my dadsthetic, serial killer chic is not my jam

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm stoked about the current fashion because it means I can be in style wearing elliptical gold glasses like my professional idol, Dr. Henry Jones Jr., Ph.D

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

meanwhile i am not wearing glasses at all like *my* professional idol, dude lebowski

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

these were the only glasses i had that I ever truly loved

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

this was the first commercial i ever saw on TV that made me feel targeted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlcPjAieNcs

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
good glasses, worn well

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

same. my partner bought some and i felt like it was a prank on me, but seeing you say it now i feel like it's a prank on everyone

Sagebrush posted:

Not particularly fun fact: if you look for glasses frames on Amazon and eBay, the wire aviator with clear lenses not unlike yours is now being sold as "Dahmer glasses," presumably because of the show that just came out. I hate it. I hate the idea that people watched it and thought "drat that guy looks good." I hate all media about serial killers.

the only interesting one (to me) was mindhunter and netflix nuked it before covering btk, which would have been an interesting way to skip and show the way the fbi evolved their approach between his emergence and his capture. i guess he wasn't sexy enough for the swooning subscribers

i have not watched the dahmer one and have no interest to

Sagebrush posted:

I'm stoked about the current fashion because it means I can be in style wearing elliptical gold glasses like my professional idol, Dr. Henry Jones Jr., Ph.D

i had an art history prof that dressed like professor jones and, frankly, it was an awesome look

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i had a friend in grad school that did the indiana jones thing. i think it's pretty common

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
my dad always wore the type of glasses taht were wire aviator with clear lenses, and im gonna have to pass on this trend because of that. its all i can see if i try them on.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sagebrush posted:

lol I picked up some new frames for an updated prescription at Specsavers just before the whole 'Dahmer Glasses' thing landed, and then I was like ah poo poo

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Agile Vector posted:

same. my partner bought some and i felt like it was a prank on me, but seeing you say it now i feel like it's a prank on everyone

boot cut is definitely a "we all suffered so you don't have to" and yet they keep throwing themselves in front of the bus over and over!

otoh maybe this means the semi shameful t-shirts from threadless circa 2005 I have in the bottom of a drawer will be funny again.....

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I want to say I don't believe you but I'm assuming by having to actually teach students you're probably more aware of current trends than the rest of us

theyre already back. all of that early 00s cobra snake hipster sleaze pastiche poo poo is in vogue again.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

it’s really loving weird to walk into a store like h&m and see graphic t’s with “vintage” britney spears and christina aguilera art on them. plus there is a ton of simpsons stuff that probably would have been extremely uncool to wear in the actual 90s

I absolutely loathe shopping for clothes because i have no sense of style or identity and i have perpetual anxiety about people perceiving me as being part of any particular subculture

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 11, 2023

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

We are solidly back in the 90s. All my students are wearing baggy sweatshirts, high waisted mom jeans, and wire rimmed glasses. They especially dislike skinny jeans and thick plastic nerd glasses as these are accoutrements of millennials.

i had glasses just like that when i was a child. those are way more milliennial than chunky nerd glasses, loving poseurs

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

polyester concept posted:

it’s really loving weird to walk into a store like h&m and see graphic t’s with “vintage” britney spears and christina aguilera art on them. plus there is a ton of simpsons stuff that probably would have been extremely uncool to wear in the actual 90s

I absolutely loathe shopping for clothes because i have no sense of style or identity and i have perpetual anxiety about people perceiving me as being part of any particular subculture
never been in h&m, I always figured their "fast fashion" thing was meant to cater to people who want to dress jn whatever is fashionable right now and are gonna chuck it after like 6-12 months.

for dudes anyway imo you can't go wrong with regular Levi's for jeans and some shirts from like The Gap or Uniqlo for pure MOR laziness. if work needs non-jeans, then again Gap has khakis that haven't changed style in the 25 years I've been wearing them.

embrace the beige

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
Yeah I like h&ms shirts and hoodies because they fit well and the price is fair, I just buy the solid colored ones. I've worn the same series of levi jeans since like jr high.

e: lol the jeans I get are the 527 slim boot cut

dougdrums fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 11, 2023

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Sagebrush posted:

these are 1996-era stebe glasses

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
can't help but think of boris from goldeneye

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Chris Knight posted:

for dudes anyway imo you can't go wrong with regular Levi's for jeans and some shirts from like The Gap or Uniqlo for pure MOR laziness.

yeah I recently discovered uniqlo, has a lot of great just normal clothes without logos or slogans on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

these are 1996-era stebe glasses

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

can't help but think of boris from goldeneye

it's as though they were in style in the 90s!