Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
god only knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
brocoli and lamb

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
I just made a curry and it was poo poo

mystes
May 31, 2006

Are you sure you don't mean "the poo poo"?

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
no :(

tbf it was a solid 7 out of 10 but all curries should be 9+

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
it all turns to poo poo out the other end anyway

well, except for the bits you absorb for nutrition i guess

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
that turns into exhaled breath and piss

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
made peanut butter because the only stuff you can find in stores is filled with sugar and i forgot how easy it is

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
:hmmyes:

peanuts + butter = peanut butter

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
recipe 4 peanut butter (pb)

4 sticks butter
98 peanuts (no more no less)

put into huge bowl. mash and mix thoroughly maybe add water

do not eat shell

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

2 huevos
1 rancheros

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I used to think crunchy peanut butter was better and my kids desire for smooth was a bit lame but I got some crunchy recently and immediately realised the difference isn’t the presence of chunks (which is what I remembered and what I like) but that smooth means more oil is released and it’s not just smoother but also significantly more soft and malleable etc

my kids knew all along

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

kids are dumb and crunchy is king

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jesus WEP posted:

kids are the future :cry:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
i have yet to find a generic hazelnut meat sauce superior to nutella, itself the superior nut spread. it comes in very tiny jars and also very big ones and thats good but it is difficult to eat all of the nutella, unless you buy the tiny jars. then there is a disappointing amount of nutella

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

brb patenting silicone gun but for Nutella

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
gnu/tella

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
lmao

how is that in the dictionary still

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jabor posted:

gnu/tella

lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

:wiggle:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

looks like therei s a piece of zucchini in this photo

5 pinocchios

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

bump_fn posted:

made peanut butter because the only stuff you can find in stores is filled with sugar and i forgot how easy it is

I think Costco sells pretty bare bones peanut butter. Or at least that’s why assume a person I go to sounders games with spent an entire game talking about Costco peanut butter.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

smooth admittedly is easier to spread but let’s be honest, the best peanut butter experience is the huge spoonful you eat right out of the jar and crunchy is the only option there

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

wep gets it

im a big fan of applying crunchy pb to apples and/or bananas too

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

im not usually a fan of bougieing up the humble pb, but almond butter and apple go together real nice

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Achmed Jones posted:

wep gets it

im a big fan of applying crunchy pb to apples and/or bananas too

:yooge: like a dog

lol that seriously is how we get eggy to take his meds sometimes. my dude loving loves peanuts

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

eggy is a very good boy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

looks like therei s a piece of zucchini in this photo

5 pinocchios

zucchini is natures rod

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

smooth admittedly is easier to spread but let’s be honest, the best peanut butter experience is the huge spoonful you eat right out of the jar and crunchy is the only option there

Why do I have to hide my head in shame when I eat spoonfuls of peanut butter but can eat peanuts with no shame???

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

be proud and own it, unless your brand has palm oil i guess

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Beeftweeter posted:

i have yet to find a generic hazelnut meat sauce superior to nutella, itself the superior nut spread. it comes in very tiny jars and also very big ones and thats good but it is difficult to eat all of the nutella, unless you buy the tiny jars. then there is a disappointing amount of nutella

for the price I agree, but the last few years have seen some competitors emerge. This brand is pretty good imo

my gf insists on using a teaspoon to spread nutella, which is obviously inferior to a knife but she persists despite me having pointed this out multiple times

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
spreading it like it’s a pizza a mamma mia

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

echinopsis posted:

One of the greatest food experiences I ever had was a Nutella calzone (it had possibly been fried as well) at some fast food place in Italy. It was incredibly hot, the Nutella was copious and liquid. Just pure pleasure

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I struck out in the bulk bin aisle this morning: Where do yosposters obtain bulk Textured Vegetable Protein? Bob's costs more per unit than the beef I want to stretch.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

I struck out in the bulk bin aisle this morning: Where do yosposters obtain bulk Textured Vegetable Protein? Bob's costs more per unit than the beef I want to stretch.

If you go to your local Indian or Hispanic store you can find big bags of it for cheap. It'll be called something like "soya granules", try to get an organic one if you can.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

echinopsis posted:

i've had nutella and marshmallow "pizza" around here before

it's very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

i've got some beef for you to stretch