Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

sinky posted:

Doomsday With My Dog got an official translation :dogcited:

That manga owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
New Shimeji Simulation

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Shimeji is such an odd manga. I really wonder how it'll end.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I've been staring at this for a few minutes and wondering why someone would go through so much effort for hard boiled eggs in tube form.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

I've been staring at this for a few minutes and wondering why someone would go through so much effort for hard boiled eggs in tube form.
It's an artefact of cooking food at industrial scale, where it makes more economical sense to spend money manufacturing a machine that can create egg-tubes and to then slice that egg tube into egg slices, than it does to get a machine that can consistently deal with egg shapes.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

It's an artefact of cooking food at industrial scale, where it makes more economical sense to spend money manufacturing a machine that can create egg-tubes and to then slice that egg tube into egg slices, than it does to get a machine that can consistently deal with egg shapes.
https://twitter.com/machinepix/status/1176604342285041664
I can understand the logic reading up on it; getting consistent amounts of yolkl from slices as well as having an easier time transporting them with less packaging. I still think it's silly to look at but I'll never knock people putting in work to solve a problem.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I can understand the logic reading up on it; getting consistent amounts of yolkl from slices as well as having an easier time transporting them with less packaging. I still think it's silly to look at but I'll never knock people putting in work to solve a problem.
This is eggstruciating to look at.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Which part of the person does long egg come from?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Long egg is long :D

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!

But what problem does square watermelons solve?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

grassy gnoll posted:

Which part of the person does long egg come from?

Long cloaca

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

White Rock posted:

But what problem does square watermelons solve?

storage efficiency

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Two new chapters of Ottoman

Imagine trying to tempt this man away from his wife. I also don't doubt for a second that the missus will not have a misunderstanding and the upcoming bloodbath will be this succubus getting her teeth punched in

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
I ended up reading Tokyo ESP after remembering about it.

During most of parts 1 and 2, the espers live in an apartheid state. In part 1, they are basically all thrown into a concentration camp, even though most of them have done nothing wrong. In part 2, they have to wear armbands that identify them as espers and have tracking devices in them. They can't leave Tokyo, hold normal jobs, use public facilities, or use their own powers for any reason, even self-defense. There are roving gangs of non-espers who live-stream themselves beating up anyone they find wearing an armband. Espers would be perfectly justified in rebelling against this state of affairs, but the author takes pains to make sure all of the espers that do try to rebel are shown to be just awful people that exist for the main character to beat up. Or their rebellion is actually just part of the machinations of someone manipulating it for their own ends.

The ending, to me, feels like an enormous cop-out. Sure, the method by which everyone loses their ESP makes sense in the context of the story, but I feel like taking all the ESP away was just a way for the author to avoid having to think about how society would need to change over time in order to accommodate people with ESP.

Also, the fact that all of the former espers were then put in jail for three years is nonsensical. By the end of the story, 20% of the population of Tokyo had become espers. That's about 3 million people. How on earth are they going to put that many people in jail? And on what grounds? During the first arc, the government's rationale for imprisoning all espers was that espers were potentially dangerous to them. But now, espers have all lost their powers, so they aren't dangerous to anyone anymore. They are imprisoning all former espers, so they are even imprisoning 4yearolds who are former espers. Rinka doesn't even complain very much about the state stabbing her in the back yet again. For a "hero", she's so pro-institutionalist it hurts.

It doesn't make sense that Ren and Zeusu got together after he was released from prison. Sure, when they were in school together, she may have gotten a childish crush on him, but by now she knows very well how awful he really is and she hasn't seen him for FOUR YEARS. Why hasn't she just moved on?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the anime was even worse, because they changed the simple, stylish designs by adding cheap looking action figure accessories to everyone. also there was an extended ga rei zero cameo in the first episode for some reason.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
For a character so defined by her obsession with justice Rinka is so weirdly blind to violence done by the state.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Interrogation Princess

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Catching up on like 6 chapters lets go through lines that tickled me:

"It's because she challenges things as reckless as a pumpkin week!"

"You wretch, why would you say such things after we have passed by? Now I have a tremendous craving for them!"

2fer:
"I'm the Princess, the commander of the third legion of the Imperial army! I will absolutely submit!"
When the princess made herself submit all on her own and declared a submission - torture was panicking, because Today's torture was ... "cornflakes"

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
I like how inside the castle. It’s set like a standard fantasy setting.

But when they go outside, its just contemporary Japan with vending machines, connivence stores and public hot bath houses

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Catching up to the latest in Shadows House and ngl Kate's soot powers almost feel overpowered lol

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This chapter was quite a jump for her.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Catching up to the latest in Shadows House and ngl Kate's soot powers almost feel overpowered lol

What are you talking about? All Kate did was cover Anthony's face in soot

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Soara and the Monster's House
:discourse:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The excellent cats have an excellent restaurant now!

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
A new chapter of Shadows House is out.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

Link
At least Thomas might finally finish his Captain Hook cosplay. Hope he doesn't have sour grapes about this whole political battle

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Link
At least Thomas might finally finish his Captain Hook cosplay. Hope he doesn't have sour grapes about this whole political battle

He broke the rules. He knew this was coming. He has nothing to wine about. I wonder about his plan. He must have known that Edward would find out that he told the children about soot powers. And he must have known this was the punishment.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

IMPORTANT NEWS:

The manga about the demon king's kind daughter Dou is back:https://mangadex.org/chapter/92eeff4a-8114-4296-aa36-c7afb7dde407

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

Who do you think will be called? It's implied to be Kate, but isn't she too young? I doubt it's been a year since the debut, so she's at most 14? The only other candidate I can think of is Barbara, but given her mental state and Barbie's injuries, I doubt she could survive, so maybe Edward is just trying to get her killed to weaken Thomas's position even more?

I've been thinking Kate would of course refuse to be unified with Emilyko, but even if she didn't, it wouldn't work anyway, would it? Since Kate is not derived from Emilyko the way other shadows are derived from their living doll. Actually, Kate is basically a unified shadow already, isn't she?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Nebrilos posted:

Who do you think will be called? It's implied to be Kate, but isn't she too young? I doubt it's been a year since the debut, so she's at most 14? The only other candidate I can think of is Barbara, but given her mental state and Barbie's injuries, I doubt she could survive, so maybe Edward is just trying to get her killed to weaken Thomas's position even more?

I've been thinking Kate would of course refuse to be unified with Emilyko, but even if she didn't, it wouldn't work anyway, would it? Since Kate is not derived from Emilyko the way other shadows are derived from their living doll. Actually, Kate is basically a unified shadow already, isn't she?

Some possible thoughts. Either someone from the "Star Bearers" gets called up, someone from Kate's generational group(debutante group or age group), a recent side character of note. There's also the possibility of Kate being called like you said. Any of these pose some interesting challenges

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Shimeji Simulation

I guess nws warning for artistic nudity at the end.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Huzzah! posted:

New Shimeji Simulation

I guess nws warning for artistic nudity at the end.

This is one of those "manga panel that sums up the entirety of the manga" situations

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The Parakeet wants to tell you
A story of a man and his pet bird.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
https://mangadex.org/chapter/9a451521-a5e6-47fc-89cd-a5c32831eb43
I didn't expect it to be Louise of all people, but I suppose that during the Debut, it was mentioned that both her soot control and her level of synchronization with her living doll were excellent, so perhaps that's why.

A new chapter of Liar Satsuki is out.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/93f62abf-0c94-43e1-94cc-ca985b54fab4
Do you think that Seo is faking her Amnesia? The most obvious motive for doing so would be to as a means to try to convince the Pres not to try to kill her or convince Satsuki to try to save her. But this doesn't really make sense, since the Pres has already shown that he is fully willing to try to kill Seo even despite her "amnesia" and Seo already knows that Satsuki tried really hard to save her even before Seo started being "nice". Playing amnesiac only seems to expose her to more danger, like those girls who tried to push her down the stairs. And presumably, naming the person who sent her to the maintenance closet would be in her best interest. Miho doesn't believe that Seo has amnesia but seems to be keeping it secret from Satsuki. Why? Miho doesn't even care if Seo dies.

One question remains: Why did Seo tell Michiru that salad oil doesn't burn? I would expect Pres or Vice Pres to say that, but not Seo

Nebrilos fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Mar 9, 2023

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tis time for Torture
I don't even know what this series is anymore other than good fun. Princes playing that sweet chin music in the end.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Gotta respect it

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Princess could leave any time she wanted to. She just doesn’t want to

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well yeah, one side has a teenage girl spend her entire life on war. the other is impossibly kind at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
What is even going on with the war? It seems like the demons are taking it significantly less seriously than the humans