Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The twitter dude is a dumbass fucker idiot moron but NFL Sundays are traditionally the realm of artery-clogging megameat dishes, Super Bowl Sunday especially. Serving vegan food is effrontery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I'm gonna start calling it "sportsball" again if the carnivores won't settle down >:[

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That will show em

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
Fried cauliflower is dope, Buffalo sauce works (if you want to go veg not veeg) but a lemon tahini sauce is even better. Hummus is good. Chips and guac is good. Add some olives and grapes and maybe a nice salad. If you want to have a little slavery, as a treat, some tasteful cheeses and membrillo.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The twitter dude is a dumbass fucker idiot moron but NFL Sundays are traditionally the realm of artery-clogging megameat dishes, Super Bowl Sunday especially. Serving vegan food is effrontery.

It's just sports, eat whatever

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

heaven forbid americans take a break from deep fried food

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hummus tastes and feels like humus.

Just gimme some carrot and cucumba sticks with a dip (not hummus) if you want to go veg.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

You can also very effectively clog your arteries with garbage vegan food.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
vegan mfs will call cheese eggs slavery then buy avocado dip from a plantation

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I've eaten shittons of amazing vegan and vegetarian food, and it's all made from recipes for just drat good food that just happens to be vegan or vegetarian. The bad stuff happens when people try to make straight veg replacement meals using substitute ingredients.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Some of those are quite nice too, you can make very passable vegan doner meat.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Panfilo posted:

https://twitter.com/Adamcopes/status/1624500431467728896?t=CKjkZy0T1ooKKKwhPxpOFQ&s=19
I guess Adam really hates appetizers like jalapeño poppers or chips+guac huh?

I like the suggestion that vegetarians are unfamiliar with spice.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Indian food is famously bland.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

christmas boots posted:

I like the suggestion that vegetarians are unfamiliar with spice.

I think they mean the cannabis replacement that sucked, not seasoning. I... think?

Like going to superbowl and offering vegan food is similar to offering hippie stoners fake cannabis on 4/20

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean yes that is what he means, how could you read it any other way and it still be coherent

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean yes that is what he means, how could you read it any other way and it still be coherent

I never assumed that was a prerequisite

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I hope this guy never finds out about french fries

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

This is just... absolutely baffling to me. Randomly discovered while watching youtube.

i think this should link to the comment thread

dear mr scott your decision to censor all commentary on your channel about he and black have caused me to think of you with nothing but disgust, please read my emails and resolve this issue

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does Tom Scott use They/Them pronouns or something?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Nope. He has non-binary and trans guests often though. And he has zero tolerance for people saying poo poo about them.

Neither of those words are blacklisted either. But you know these weirdos, people don't respond to them so they become convinced it's because they are being silenced.

Mega Comrade has a new favorite as of 23:31 on Feb 12, 2023

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Nobody really considers those vegan.

Yep. Apart from what's already been mentioned, vegetable-based deep-fried appetizers are often still fried in the same oil as wings, which for many vegetarians is a major dealbreaker. Some restaurants maintain two fryers to keep veg separate from meat, but lmao if that rule isn't getting broken during a rush on Superbowl Sunday (or whenever the cooks want).

EDIT: Throwing in my lot with the buffalo cauliflower gang. If it's done right, it's spectacular. There's something of a 'hipster sports bar' in my neighbourhood (named after an MLB pitcher famous for pitching a no-hitter while high on LSD) that has them on their menu and they're awesome. They also make nacho platters with wonton chips instead of corn chips, which are also awesome.

Mister Speaker has a new favorite as of 23:41 on Feb 12, 2023

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

not IOSM i'm just continuing the derail

https://twitter.com/even_kei/status/1624149149154217984?s=20

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Some vegan food is good and some is bad.

I hope I haven’t offended anyone.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

They should make vegan food that moves on the plate like those octopus legs.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

oldpainless posted:

:mods:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Do they mean like "Vegan Dodo Bird Wings" or "Vegan Chupacabra Burgers"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

After the artificial meat industry is established and they've done every other existing meat, yeah I'd expect them to start doing new flavors that don't have a real meat equivalent. I don't really think this is horrifying though

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Skwirl posted:

Yes!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
"Dodo Wings" would actually be a good name for cauliflower wings.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

OwlFancier posted:

Some of those are quite nice too, you can make very passable vegan doner meat.
*quick google* huh, interesting. Something to try next week.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

RatHat posted:

After the artificial meat industry is established and they've done every other existing meat, yeah I'd expect them to start doing new flavors that don't have a real meat equivalent. I don't really think this is horrifying though

Some kind of lacy tendon, pulsing rhythmically in response to my chews

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Splicer posted:

*quick google* huh, interesting. Something to try next week.

I was specifically thinking of the "This!" brand vegan bacon, which tastes like bacon but has an almost identical consistency to doner kebab. I can't vouch for any specific vegan doner brands but I have to assume someone has made it, and it has the distinct feeling of being a horrific greasy mess you can stuff down your gob, which is impressive for something that contains no meat.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

OwlFancier posted:

I was specifically thinking of the "This!" brand vegan bacon, which tastes like bacon but has an almost identical consistency to doner kebab. I can't vouch for any specific vegan doner brands but I have to assume someone has made it, and it has the distinct feeling of being a horrific greasy mess you can stuff down your gob, which is impressive for something that contains no meat.
I'm planning to try some recipes I found that involve doing weird stuff to homemade seitan.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Seitan is supposed to be very meatlike too yes.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

OwlFancier posted:

There's a brand called Oumph! which makes pretty good pea-based doner-kebab-style 'meat', I've had it myself in pita bread. https://oumph.net/uk/products/oumph-doner-style-kebab/

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Skwirl posted:

Vegan mammoth burgers

Vegan trilobite nuggets

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

oldpainless posted:

more like old meatless.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Ooh poo poo I'm off to invent vegan dolphin, whale, shark fin, eagle, and long pork substitutes and open a restaurant

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I’d try a faceless one tbone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Eventually someone is going to make synthetic human meat.