Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

endlessmonotony posted:

That joke reads as pitch-perfect mockery of Jerry Seinfeld, and if the AI really produced it unscripted, I will defend this entire project as a masterpiece of art.

It's a brilliant recontextualization entirely by accident.

they CAN create art...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

anyway call me when we have a stream for the better show, infinite frasier

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
maybe post security gently caress ups instead of ai fuckups. i am sure there is a chatgpt thread

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
there is a containment thread!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4022167

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Last Chance posted:

seinfeld was boring and extremely unfunny anyway

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

haveblue posted:

tar -xvf ~ /crimes

Zamujasa posted:

hoist by your /home/ petard

:drat:

Kitfox88 posted:

Niles, frozen in fear, staring at a loose king cobra while it watches him back, as a laugh track plays in the background intermittently to strange noises and stammers that he makes.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

Nerdlord Actual posted:

I surface from the depths to share this

https://kotaku.com/ai-seinfeld-twitch-ban-transphobia-chatgpt-dalle-jerry-1850077836

That AI generated Seinfeld stream on Twitch got banned because it dropped some sick bigotry "jokes".... and why?

"We were having tech issues so we made a change on live, rather than production" strikes again. Hope they enjoy their two week time out and sort their poo poo.

I wonder how long it will be before some company does the same with private testing data. Then you can just ask the bot for confidential documents or upcoming financial reports.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i never watched that.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

pairofdimes posted:

I wonder how long it will be before some company does the same with private testing data. Then you can just ask the bot for confidential documents or upcoming financial reports.

Previously, on Security Fuckupp Megathread!

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1620771699128942595

Amazon, $AMZN, has warned employees not to share confidential information with ChatGPT after seeing cases where its answer 'closely matches existing material' from inside the company.

---

You wouldn't upload a confidential car.

I did appreciate whatever medium article I read where the author got gtp to simulate gtp being popped, recursively through itself.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Lain Iwakura posted:

maybe post security gently caress ups instead of ai fuckups. i am sure there is a chatgpt thread

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Kitfox88 posted:

*Sigh* if I wanted to speak to something crudely approximating human conversation I'd have talked to our father.

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 6, 2023

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Well if we could all just regurgitate platitudes masquerading as advice then we'd all have our own radio shows wouldn't we Frasier!

Niles you've gone too far this time, this is a breach of your user license agreement!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

*Sigh* if I wanted to speak to something crudely approximating human conversation I'd have talked to our father.

Well if we could all just regurgitate platitudes masquerading as advice then we'd all have our own radio shows wouldn't we Frasier!

Niles you've gone too far this time, this is a breach of your user license agreement!

:sickos:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Last Chance posted:

that seinfeld ai thing was boring and extremely unfunny anyway

it told one of the best jokes I've heard in a long time in the five minutes I spent watching it.

How come you never see elephants hiding in trees?

Because they're really good at it

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
that one is good because it’s a classic joke that the AI remembered

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Last Chance posted:

that seinfeld ai thing was boring and extremely unfunny anyway

sounds like an accurate reproduction

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

chatgpt chat to chatgpt chat thread

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

:hmmyes:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
chat gpt seems okay at generating random letters but I could just google for the template too, it is dumb as gently caress if you try talking to it though.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Celexi posted:

chat gpt seems okay at generating random letters but I could just google for the template too, it is dumb as gently caress if you try talking to it though.

Yeah who would possibly bother communicating through a thing where there's mostly idiotic responses.

This wasn't meant to be mean to you, just a joke.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

there's a 4g access point plugged into an ethernet socket on one of the desks in the office and I went to go poke it and someone said "don't do that, we asked it security about it and it's something to do with facilities. Besides, it can't get on the network anyway" uh huh. sure.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
It uses the adapter for faxes

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

there's a 4g access point plugged into an ethernet socket on one of the desks in the office and I went to go poke it and someone said "don't do that, we asked it security about it and it's something to do with facilities. Besides, it can't get on the network anyway" uh huh. sure.

if it can’t get on the network then why is it plugged into Ethernet? (PoE is an answer)

…is it a lorawan gateway by chance?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

that’s mine, please don’t touch

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

that’s mine, please don’t touch

literally happened to me once.

a customer had complained all the way up to the CEO about how bad our equipment was about dropping out. it happened again like a couple days later. I flew to Indianapolis on a full fare Y ticket on like 5 hours notice (I had status so this fare class means it was a de facto first class ticket), was at their customer’s factory at like 8am the next morning. some well meaning local IT guy had been unplugging stuff. I spent an hour talking about antennas and metal to spend some time doing something then just went back to the airport and drank in the sky club for 5 hours.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

not a sec gently caress, but for some reason this reminded me about a battle i had with facilities at a national lab many years ago. my server closet was a literal closet that required you to first pass through the janitor's closet to find a smaller room with a pair of 42U cabs. one day a new sign appears in the room that says something like:

max load
pounds

all red print. i know my gear is already well over 500lbs and go on with life ignoring the sign until facilities sees me installing a couple new shelves of disk for my netapp. this sets off lots of warning e-mails back and forth between two of my three dotted line managers and the facilities manager, culminating in a several thousand dollar project to x-ray the floor in the ~7 year old building, and an update to the sign where a facilities person used red electrical tape to turn the 500 into a 5000.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

if it can’t get on the network then why is it plugged into Ethernet? (PoE is an answer)

…is it a lorawan gateway by chance?

yeah it's PoE. The guy was claiming that all devices on our network have to be individually authed via their MAC address which, given the state of our it security team, I doubt.

e: connect notifications would be more likely I think

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

nudgenudgetilt posted:

not a sec gently caress, but for some reason this reminded me about a battle i had with facilities at a national lab many years ago. my server closet was a literal closet that required you to first pass through the janitor's closet to find a smaller room with a pair of 42U cabs. one day a new sign appears in the room that says something like:

max load
pounds

all red print. i know my gear is already well over 500lbs and go on with life ignoring the sign until facilities sees me installing a couple new shelves of disk for my netapp. this sets off lots of warning e-mails back and forth between two of my three dotted line managers and the facilities manager, culminating in a several thousand dollar project to x-ray the floor in the ~7 year old building, and an update to the sign where a facilities person used red electrical tape to turn the 500 into a 5000.

amazing

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

yeah it's PoE. The guy was claiming that all devices on our network have to be individually authed via their MAC address which, given the state of our it security team, I doubt.

e: connect notifications would be more likely I think

:goofy:

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

MAC auth (mab) for network access is way easier than actual authentication. Doing it the other way to control port state still depends on MAC table change notification. It’s the most pointless security possible given it’s all physical, unless the port turns off when the link drops or something .

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

quote:

The company said it detected and mitigated not just one but a wave of dozens of hyper-volumetric DDoS attacks targeting its customers over the weekend.

"The majority of attacks peaked in the ballpark of 50-70 million requests per second (rps) with the largest exceeding 71 million rps," Cloudflare's Omer Yoachimik, Julien Desgats, and Alex Forster said.

"This is the largest reported HTTP DDoS attack on record, more than 35% higher than the previous reported record of 46M rps in June 2022."

The attacks were launched using over 30,000 IP addresses from multiple cloud providers against various targets, including gaming providers, cloud computing platforms, cryptocurrency firms, and hosting providers.

cloudflare got some 'puter huh
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/cloudflare-blocks-record-breaking-71-million-rps-ddos-attack/

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

weird way of putting it

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

lol why does this go back two years
CVE-2023-0361: libgnutls: Fix a Bleichenbacher oracle in the TLS RSA key exchange
https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/1050

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Crime on a Dime posted:

weird way of putting it

People frowned upon them using "ddussy" as a term of the art

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
https://support.sophos.com/support/s/article/KB-000044881?language=en_US

quote:

On Feb 9th, Microsoft released Edge version 110.0.1587.41. With this version installed, we have seen DLP rules for web browsers trigger on files present on the Desktop. This is due to Edge reading every file on the desktop.

Development is investigating what setting or feature of Edge is triggering these file-read actions.

Update Feb 14:

Sophos development has confirmed that Edge version 110 is reading all the files located on the user's Desktop. They have also confirmed that Edge version 109 gathers a list of all files on the Desktop, but does not read them.

Sophos DLP scanning for Internet Browsers monitors file reads made by the browser process, and processes through the selected rules. As Edge is reading all the files on the desktop, the scan and potential detections is occurring correctly.

Sophos has reached out to Microsoft to provide clarity on this behavior of Edge.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i'll take a stab here and say that it is looking for shortcuts to ie11 to delete them, this is the update that's supposed to eol ie

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah, it also started putting edge icons on the desktop when updated

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

fuckers!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
satya! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i'll take a stab here and say that it is looking for shortcuts to ie11 to delete them, this is the update that's supposed to eol ie

the page makes it sound like it reads every file; surely it'd only need to read shortcuts

they mention the previous version only looked at the list of files