Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Gf bought a 24 pack of choco-shrooms from Costco yesterday and I've already eaten like 5 of the packs :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

what is a choco shroom.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I think the SBS macrofactor app is pretty good for calorie tracking.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

wb

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

post hole digger posted:

what is a choco shroom.

sorry it's a chocoroom. It's a tasty treat OP

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

thanks

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I've lost 17 lbs since I started eating better and walking more :peanut:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Silver Alicorn posted:

:hellyeah:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Silver Alicorn posted:

good job op, proud of u

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I went back to the gym after 5 months lol

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

akadajet posted:

I went back to the gym after 5 months lol

Nice. That means you don't have to post about going back to the gym after 6 months (or a year, or longer).

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

i haven't been to the gym in months and ive been drinking a lot of beers

nice

although I went to the movies and saw the newest magic mike movie and now I want to be hot

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

been adding more cycling into my routine so I'm only doing strength training twice a week now

still can't fit into my 2018 pants yet tho :argh:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

i haven't been to the gym in months and ive been drinking a lot of beers

now that I’m back lifting I’m gonna lay off the booze

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

nice

although I went to the movies and saw the newest magic mike movie and now I want to be hot

horny mike

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
me and channing tatum look similar in a general sense

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

echinopsis posted:

me and channing tatum look similar in a general sense

same number of limbs, etc.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

css: squatting through the doms I still have from squatting last time

also: no alcohol this week. feels meh

akadajet fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 17, 2023

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

A couple weeks from competition, 100kg snatch feeling pretty casual.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/RPUnssC66fg5gE1Vks/giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7f3f8be1f2ffeda4dfc6acbe09a711a94d779e72c&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 18, 2023

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

carry on then posted:

same number of limbs, etc.

yeah you're onto it

Geebs
Jun 1, 2022

The ø is silent.
Finding it frustratingly difficult to keep my knees from buckling during 90% deadlift. Most likely because my hamstrings are too weak :'(

These drat strings are the bane of my existence. Too tight to squat properly, too weak to deadlift properly...

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Geebs posted:

Finding it frustratingly difficult to keep my knees from buckling during 90% deadlift. Most likely because my hamstrings are too weak :'(

These drat strings are the bane of my existence. Too tight to squat properly, too weak to deadlift properly...

Try some good mornings before deadlifting. My trainer recommended that as sort of a weighted stretch (of course its an exercise in its own right) before deadlifts and I think it helps, I really feel it in my hamstrings.

I'm still at around 210 on bench, coincidentally where I was when I started this thread :( But I feel good and healthy, and my squat max is higher than its ever been (but still not THAT high). I did ~265 the other day and had a bit left. 292 would be my 1.5x body weight lift so I guess that's my goal, but I don't really care about it that much

edit: Another stretch that I liked for hamstrings (mine were also very tight) is putting your toes up on some shallow incline (a plate on the ground works fine) and bending over to try and touch the ground, keeping your legs and back straight. If you're like me flexibility and mobility were the big things holding my lifts back until I worked with my trainer. I could give you his name if you happen to be in the Seattle area

ADINSX fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 18, 2023

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

dang that's a serious lift and you make it look easy

Geebs
Jun 1, 2022

The ø is silent.

ADINSX posted:

Try some good mornings before deadlifting. My trainer recommended that as sort of a weighted stretch (of course its an exercise in its own right) before deadlifts and I think it helps, I really feel it in my hamstrings.

I'm still at around 210 on bench, coincidentally where I was when I started this thread :( But I feel good and healthy, and my squat max is higher than its ever been (but still not THAT high). I did ~265 the other day and had a bit left. 292 would be my 1.5x body weight lift so I guess that's my goal, but I don't really care about it that much

edit: Another stretch that I liked for hamstrings (mine were also very tight) is putting your toes up on some shallow incline (a plate on the ground works fine) and bending over to try and touch the ground, keeping your legs and back straight. If you're like me flexibility and mobility were the big things holding my lifts back until I worked with my trainer. I could give you his name if you happen to be in the Seattle area

Both very good ideas, I'll give them a shot next time I squat/DL. I definitely suffer from that "tens of thousands of hours sitting in a compy chair" syndrome so it's an uphill battle for flexibility. Also I am indeed in the Seattle area but already have a trainer I like, I will ask them to take a look as well.

Also I'm moderately excited that I'm able to consistently power clean now with low weights. Olympic lifts are a whole other deal, it's incredible how much work goes into perfecting those.

Geebs
Jun 1, 2022

The ø is silent.

ADINSX posted:

dang that's a serious lift and you make it look easy

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Geebs posted:

Both very good ideas, I'll give them a shot next time I squat/DL. I definitely suffer from that "tens of thousands of hours sitting in a compy chair" syndrome so it's an uphill battle for flexibility. Also I am indeed in the Seattle area but already have a trainer I like, I will ask them to take a look as well.

Also I'm moderately excited that I'm able to consistently power clean now with low weights. Olympic lifts are a whole other deal, it's incredible how much work goes into perfecting those.

Nice, if you change your mind my guys named Tyson and he works at the Olympic athletic club in Ballard (you don’t need a membership to do private sessions with their trainers)

I had the exact same problem (computer toucher syndrome), I’m sure trainers around here see it all the time

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Geebs posted:

Try some elephant walks during your warmup too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEUDib1UOCY

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

what;s a good way to work out on the stationary bike aside from just pedaling at a moderate pace, I'm experimenting but I'm a dumb baby and I don't want to hurt myself

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

45 minutes in heart rate zone 2.

edit: optimally 3-4 times a week if you have the time and energy for it.

post hole digger fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 19, 2023

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

put pebbles in your shoes to make your feet heavier to increase the resistance

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

hmmm ok. I was trying going back and forth between zone 1 and zone 3, felt like a bit much though

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

If you have a resistance dial on your bike, or an uphill mode that will help out too.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

post hole digger posted:

45 minutes in heart rate zone 2.

edit: optimally 3-4 times a week if you have the time and energy for it.

got myself a stationary bike maybe a month ago but haven’t committed to any kind of schedule. think I’m gonna aim for this basically. Just did my first 45 mins sustained in zone 2, feels good man

almost tricked my brain that it was fun

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ADINSX posted:

this mf is buff

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

echinopsis posted:

this mf is buff

:sweatdrop:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i went to the skate park for the first time in 15 years

felt good, got a lot of cardio. i fell. gotta get elbow and knee pads

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

hittin a bit of a wall with the weight loss journey, it’s hard to stick to it when getting take out on the weekend. and I’m on a vacation this weekend so I’ll mostly be sitting in a car eating road food. hnh

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Silver Alicorn posted:

hittin a bit of a wall with the weight loss journey, it’s hard to stick to it when getting take out on the weekend. and I’m on a vacation this weekend so I’ll mostly be sitting in a car eating road food. hnh

sometimes you have to fall to get back up master bruce

Internaut!
Apr 3, 2022

by vyelkin
turns out it's way harder to lose weight as a dad with 2 kids who need to eat 5 times a day while getting you sick with their kindergarten germs on the reg and demanding all your free time from sunup to sundown

don't get fat boys, trust me there are downsides 👍🏻

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Internaut! posted:

don't get fat boys, trust me there are downsides 👍🏻

like what