Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

jaa kan int lääsa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An cruiscin lan
Mar 4, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Guinness just started heavily advertising their NA Guinness and I would really like to try it out. Asahi makes one that is called "Zero Free" which is alcohol and calorie free that I like.

I have to say, they pretty much nailed it. If it weren't for the slightly reddish colour, you could easily drink one without realizing it's NA.
It really pisses off the bar staff though as it doesn't come out of a keg. It comes in cans that need to be poured using a special jig that's attached to the bar.
Takes about 10 mins and you can only do one per jig so it's a nightmare in a busy pub.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

axolotl farmer posted:

jaa kan int lääsa

eller påsta

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

echinopsis posted:

I went for a tour thru the heineken factory thing in amsterdam and you got 3 tokens for a beer to have at one of the many beer drinking stops. my wife at the time didn’t like beer so I immediately got her 3

at the last stop I was sitting near the exit and had had my 6 beers in about an hour or so but lots of people who prolly didn’t enjoy beer saw me as they were leaving and offered me their tokens 🥹 bless them

somewhere I have a photo of myself after leaving that place. i’ll share it if I remember it because the look of inebriation on my face is palpable

Years ago, Frankenmuth, MI used to be home to a Carling brewery, and my wife and I toured it one Saturday morning right when the tour times opened up (like 8:30am). There was no one else there for the tour. We were met by a young guy from the on-site marketing department who did, in fact, take the two of us on the tour (which I thought was pretty interesting). They gave us each two tokens for beers at the end, and my wife, who is not a huge beer fan gave me hers.

The tour ended up in what the guide called the Ratskeller which was a really amazing old bar in the basement of the brewery (from probably back when the place made fairly decent beer). The "beers" were draft in 10oz plastic cups, standard Carling Black Label stuff, and I proceeded to work on downing the 4 I had tokens for. In the meantime, the marketing guy proceeded to launch into a huge dissertation about how bad his job was, and we just sat there and drank and listened. Since I had finished my four, and he wasn't done talking, he continued to pour 10oz drafts for me. I think he was happy he had a couple of people that would listen to him.

After about 4 additional beers, we mentioned to him that we were meeting friends, and had to leave. I checked my watch when we got outside, and we'd been there an hour an a half, and it was only 10am. Up until that time, I had never been that toasted that early in the morning. It was a wonderful landmark moment.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

montucky cold snacks are legit.

lol i know the guys that own montucky. i've never had a "cold snack" before, aren't they basically just pabst?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

yea its just cheap lager marketed towards outdoors types. its fine.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

post hole digger posted:

yea its just cheap lager marketed towards outdoors types. its fine.

i've never seen any marketing for it. it's just out on the shelves here. i guess there's a horse on the can, which qualifies as outdoors?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i thought they were the ones that did 2% of profits donated to trail work/conservation orgs, but i guess they give to other charities not just outdoors ones specifically.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

says it right there on the can. good poo poo, op

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

An cruiscin lan posted:

It really pisses off the bar staff though as it doesn't come out of a keg. It comes in cans that need to be poured using a special jig that's attached to the bar.
Takes about 10 mins and you can only do one per jig so it's a nightmare in a busy pub.
godalmighty some demented mind put a computer on the guinness tap

https://youtu.be/gp95R2DYCZY

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

what happens if u pour it without jig

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Lake of Methane posted:

godalmighty some demented mind put a computer on the guinness tap

https://youtu.be/gp95R2DYCZY

lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY17_nraW68

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

as someone that drinks an unreasonable amount of lager, heineken is ok if it's sufficiently cold from a bottle but garbage in all other circumstances.

Heineken in Amsterdam tastes really good cause it’s fresh. At least that’s what I tell myself because I enjoyed many refreshing Heinekens when I was there, among other things.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Heineken in Amsterdam tastes really good cause it’s fresh. At least that’s what I tell myself because I enjoyed many refreshing Heinekens when I was there, among other things.

i mean, that is for sure 50% enjoying life in amsterdam, but i think generally lighter beers tends to travel poorly. used to live in munich and drank a lot of helles. buying it here, or pretty much anywhere else, it is basically garbage though.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Years ago, Frankenmuth, MI used to be home to a Carling brewery, and my wife and I toured it one Saturday morning right when the tour times opened up (like 8:30am). There was no one else there for the tour. We were met by a young guy from the on-site marketing department who did, in fact, take the two of us on the tour (which I thought was pretty interesting). They gave us each two tokens for beers at the end, and my wife, who is not a huge beer fan gave me hers.

The tour ended up in what the guide called the Ratskeller which was a really amazing old bar in the basement of the brewery (from probably back when the place made fairly decent beer). The "beers" were draft in 10oz plastic cups, standard Carling Black Label stuff, and I proceeded to work on downing the 4 I had tokens for. In the meantime, the marketing guy proceeded to launch into a huge dissertation about how bad his job was, and we just sat there and drank and listened. Since I had finished my four, and he wasn't done talking, he continued to pour 10oz drafts for me. I think he was happy he had a couple of people that would listen to him.

After about 4 additional beers, we mentioned to him that we were meeting friends, and had to leave. I checked my watch when we got outside, and we'd been there an hour an a half, and it was only 10am. Up until that time, I had never been that toasted that early in the morning. It was a wonderful landmark moment.

they put saffron in their mac and cheese and it was one of the most terrible things I’ve ever eaten

good sausages tho

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

"DICK PIC"*

*Latest fad.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"That's some gizmo :eyepop:"

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Achmed Jones posted:

wow you're so tough, you better write the keystone corporation a letter to let them know their commercials from 30 years ago didn't effectively target you

ha that commercial was only from.... ......... ...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

where’s lady liberty though

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

haveblue posted:

where’s lady liberty though

in the back of the studio getting ready for her boudoir photo session :wink:

oh say can you see

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Roosevelt posted:

lol i know the guys that own montucky. i've never had a "cold snack" before, aren't they basically just pabst?

Yep, pretty generic, unpretentious lager thats great on a hot day. I'd argue more flavor than pabst or highlife or something like that, but its been long enough since I had one this past summer that I couldnt really articulate how or why.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lmaoly poo poo

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Noo mother, it's just the Germans being persecuted lmfao

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

they did all that work but didn't replace "seymour" with "hitler"

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

lol

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

All the dialogue was the original Steamed Hams script.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Roosevelt posted:

its the original dialogue. you can hear chalmers say hes from utica

efb

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1624876728052248577

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

MiniFoo posted:

"DICK PIC"*

*Latest fad.

back in my day you had to get your dick pics done as a woodcut

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

All the dialogue was the original Steamed Hams script.

yeah that's great, except they went through all this effotr to give skinner a hitler moustache and everything else, but they can't change "seymour" to "hitler" in two lines?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Roosevelt posted:

yeah that's great, except they went through all this effotr to give skinner a hitler moustache and everything else, but they can't change "seymour" to "hitler" in two lines?
Are you saying you want them to leave the entire dialog which doesn't match the fake subtitles but then have someone just dub seymour to hitler in the right voice in two lines? Or am I misunderstanding because that doesn't seem to make any sense

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

back in my day you had to get your dick pics done as a woodcut

hell in my day all you had to do was drop your drawers, get a bonner, and start sending pics willy-nilly

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

mystes posted:

Are you saying you want them to leave the entire dialog which doesn't match the fake subtitles but then have someone just dub seymour to hitler in the right voice in two lines? Or am I misunderstanding because that doesn't seem to make any sense

yes god damnit if you're portraying a character as hitler then call him hitler

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

:crackping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R9Smm9WgQs

no idea why the synthesizer jacket made me think of this specifically but there it is

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Roosevelt posted:

yes god damnit if you're portraying a character as hitler then call him hitler

local man fervently demands more “Hitler” in his consumed media

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

MiniFoo posted:

"DICK PIC"*

*Latest fad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.