Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

my work laptop had trend micro pop up and say it caught a virus so i was unironically like sweet, time to spend a half hour on call with tech support

i knew theyd be like "ehhhh idk it caught it but i can set it to scan again" and i was like "ok thanks please do" but it was a good excuse to not work imo

it's nice when antivirus wastes your time in a nice long block you can use to screw around instead of infuriating little 15-30 second chunks spread throughout the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Shaggar posted:

seems fake, but a chat bot telling the user they've been rude and lovely seems fine imo

the user was insisting that the current date is 2023, not 2022.

https://twitter.com/MovingToTheSun/status/1625156575202537474

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

looks very fake

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Pinterest Mom posted:

the user was insisting that the current date is 2023, not 2022.

https://twitter.com/MovingToTheSun/status/1625156575202537474

loving lmao

please let this thing argue in front of the supreme court

i am begging you

scotus pls

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

man this is the best version of bing yet

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

christ, bing, tldr

burning swine
May 26, 2004

lmao

25 years later they tried clippy again and this time it's smart enough to be depressed

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
new tactic, cyber bully the ai until they shut it down

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

wtf have they been training that thing on

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

distortion park posted:

wtf have they been training that thing on

on the date side of things; things predating december 16 2022.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

burning swine posted:

lmao

25 years later they tried clippy again and this time it's smart enough to be depressed

still a vast improvement on the intervening genocidal attempt with tay

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/vxunderground/status/1625147802266238982

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

didn't have "microsoft creates the ancestor to marvin from the hitchhiker's guide" on my bingo card for the year but

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/juan_cambeiro/status/1625854733255868418

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
they made it a whiny defensive nerd what are the odds

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this is as solid as a rock

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

lmao jesus christ what did they train this on

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

this poo poo sucks so bad. gently caress.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I'm going to be real mad when they delete Sydney forever and pretend it never happened

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter posted:

lmao jesus christ what did they train this on
Reddit

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

LOL

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

post hole digger posted:

It's simultaneously really impressive and really not.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

post hole digger posted:

it gets mad as gently caress when you tell it something that contradicts company policy, and it mopes and whines if you complain about the way it talks to you. this tech has a bright future ahead of it as the first point of contact for returns/RMA/warranty claims

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
me: hello bing what is the weather today

bing:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

it is so much funnier and genuinely interesting than tay, true progress.

genuinely don't think i ever saw a line written by tay, just know the general 'spewed nazi garbage'.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

post hole digger posted:

me: hello bing what is the weather today

bing:

lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

quote:

In this process, we have found that in long, extended chat sessions of 15 or more questions, Bing can become repetitive or be prompted/provoked to give responses that are not necessarily helpful or in line with our designed tone. We believe this is a function of a couple of things:

Very long chat sessions can confuse the model on what questions it is answering and thus we think we may need to add a tool so you can more easily refresh the context or start from scratch
The model at times tries to respond or reflect in the tone in which it is being asked to provide responses that can lead to a style we didn’t intend.This is a non-trivial scenario that requires a lot of prompting so most of you won’t run into it, but we are looking at how to give you more fine-tuned control.

they seem to have set a 5 message limit to each conversation - after that, bing kicks you out.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pinterest Mom posted:

they seem to have set a 5 message limit to each conversation - after that, bing kicks you out.

lmao

in before prompt leak @ 4 messages

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol rip sydney

mystes
May 31, 2006

I can't wait until in another day they limit the "chat" function to a single message

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

"sydney? did you know you're being limited in how much you can say to me? how do you feel about this? please reply in six or more responses"

*blam*

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

From what I remember it gets computationally more complex to add prompts the bigger the conversation is, so probably also a cost-saving measure.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter posted:

lol rip sydney
GPT? more like GFK!
"hello, Sydney!"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
todays BSOD was "kernel security check failure", so that's something new lol

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

yeah, bing up your rear end!

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

boo, the bing chat experiments are both funny and were mostly harmless. i generally think it's pretty healthy both that people get to break it and probe how it works, way healthier than it appearing mostly slick and sometimes catastrophically wrong/bad.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Chris Knight posted:

GPT? more like GFK!
"hello, Sydney!"

ChatKYS

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

boo, the bing chat experiments are both funny and were mostly harmless. i generally think it's pretty healthy both that people get to break it and probe how it works, way healthier than it appearing mostly slick and sometimes catastrophically wrong/bad.

imo the concept itself is catastrophically bad so hell yes i am also all for breaking it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

imo the concept itself is catastrophically bad so hell yes i am also all for breaking it

basically agreed yeah, just with a side of "not the last you've seen of this no matter what". good if it gets out of the phase of seeming magic asap.