Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

4lokos basilisk posted:

heres to the bubble pop or unceremonious deflate

unfortunately and counterintuitively, the deafening ongoing fart noise means the bubble is not currently deflating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
the bubble isn't deflating but the good job market for computer touchers might!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cold on a Cob posted:

I’m setting the over/under on the fired->create startup->acquihired loop at 18 months

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Cold on a Cob posted:

I've been promised that for 15 years

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ruffian Price posted:

I've been promised that for 15 years

pro tip. keep making the same prediction and eventually when it comes true you can gloat and ignore all the times it didn’t

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
yeah that's why i say "might"

the world makes no sense and predicting stuff is a sucker's game

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/cza_li/status/1626994580565491712

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

middle aged white dudes shut the gently caress up about human reproduction challenge

mystes
May 31, 2006

qirex posted:

middle aged white dudes shut the gently caress up about human reproduction challenge
that's going to be a tough one

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
why does egghead think the bronze age was the good one between stone, bronze and iron?

the bronze age loving sucked

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the implied period of time where women have stopped reproducing but men haven't is kind of interesting

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
maybe eggman likes the bronze age because the production of bronze crucially depends upon an elaborate system of trade which resembles modern capitalism if you're a moron

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

the implied period of time where women have stopped reproducing but men haven't is kind of interesting
I think he's just being a bit fuzzy and conflating the incel idea of the alpha males hogging all the sex with women with the usual fascist unhappiness that women are allowed to work rather than just constantly bear children

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

mystes posted:

I think he's just being a bit fuzzy and conflating the incel idea of the alpha males hogging all the sex with women with the usual fascist unhappiness that women are allowed to work rather than just constantly bear children

really i'm pretty sure he just didn't actually think through what he was saying

mystes
May 31, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

really i'm pretty sure he just didn't actually think through what he was saying
I mean sure but there's a difference between posting your random shower thought about sandwiches that doesn't quite make sense and posting your random shower thought that magically happens to be a nazi talking point and doesn't quite make sense

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

it's requiring increasingly more elaborate tricks for people to get it to say the gamer words but sure marc whatever

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also i'm morbidly curious to hear what he thinks the "fatal flaws in the woke mind virus" are, or if he can even articulate them coherently at all, cuz i'm betting he can't and just has never been forced to actually think about it as a whole instead of as piecemeal reactionary nuggets

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

hey, it worked fine for the soviet union. just name all your poo poo "grocery store 32" and "pharmacy 385"

aren't cvs stores technically numbered? i should remember that instead on the streets it's in

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lifehack: be the weirdo that knows all the local store corporate index numbers

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

every large chain does that afaik, and they helpfully print the number on your receipt

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

mystes posted:

I mean sure but there's a difference between posting your random shower thought about sandwiches that doesn't quite make sense and posting your random shower thought that magically happens to be a nazi talking point and doesn't quite make sense

maybe to us lol

i can't claim to know what his mindset is obviously but if you're gonna barf out some nazi crap like that i think it's not a stretch to assume it isn't a well formed thought that would withstand scrutiny

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I used to know all of the location numbers in the state for a cstore chain

that info atrophied out a few years ago though

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Agile Vector posted:

aren't cvs stores technically numbered? i should remember that instead on the streets it's in

this is actually how they identify them around here rather than cross streets because there are multiple cvs stores on the same block lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

previous tech buble threads

2014-04-28 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3629496 (previous one was nuked due to pii)
2014-06-29 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3646538
2014-10-10 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3670940
2014-12-08 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3686720
2018-01-31 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847958
2019-10-29 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3902494
2023-02-21 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4024757 (current)

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Beeftweeter posted:

this is actually how they identify them around here rather than cross streets because there are multiple cvs stores on the same block lol

capitalism is truly the most efficient allocation of resources this world has ever seen

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
allocate deez nutz

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
into the small/xtra small bin

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

a guy who who's entire job is making up words in front of people: we need to return to an age where men were men

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Fart Sandwiches posted:

into the small/xtra small bin

booooom shakalaka

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cat Face Joe posted:

a guy who who's entire job is making up words in front of people: we need to return to an age where men were men

perhaps, but where will andrresseen go if we do?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i read his name like the g-man

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cat Face Joe posted:

Well when you put it like that maybe he should be pretty worried about chatgpt

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

mystes posted:

Well when you put it like that maybe he should be pretty worried about chatgpt

it can't be any worse at investing than the people currently doing it

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

did eggman get a divorce or something he's going hard into "we must protect the human eggs" territory recently

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

most women stop reproducing -> AI chatbots and VR waifus -> most men stop reproducing -> men inexplicably begin laying eggs

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Roosevelt posted:

most women stop reproducing -> AI chatbots and VR waifus -> most men stop reproducing -> men inexplicably begin laying eggs

second life finds a way

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Agile Vector posted:

second life finds a way

:eyepop:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

y'know i hate when anyone uses the term 'waifu' but i hate it when dumpy middle-aged dudes use it the most i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Second waifu