Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

They should make a Fallout Mothman game where it's all mothman. I haven't figured out the specifics yet but I'm sure it would be a hit.

Maybe some opossums, too...

*that voice* Fallout Nights: Mothman and some Opossums, coming in Autumn 2023 on Playstation and Xbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

3D Megadoodoo posted:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

nooooo

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

god that loving Colorado mission in hitman loving sucks. hmm yes somehow 47 got all the way through the entire militia camp and climbed up a water tower entirely in his suit and just sort of forgot what he was supposed to be doing along the way.

I alt f4 scummed that bullshit so hard. There's an incredibly small window when you can shoot the three guards below or apparently sneak past but if you even slightly screw it up the entire level run towards you and you get completely stuck.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
is fallout 76 good? i seem to recall everyone bitching about it.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

3D Megadoodoo posted:

They should make a Fallout Mothman game where it's all mothman. I haven't figured out the specifics yet but I'm sure it would be a hit.

*that voice* Fallout Nights: Mothman and some Opossums, coming in Autumn 2023 on Playstation and Xbox.

jerry, i gotta tell ya, they already did and it’s called “my life”.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

I wouldn't pay for it, but it was "free" so :shrug:

I've been playing it by my lonesome just doing quests and exploring, and it's fun. Fighting is poo poo because it's 100% real-time.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

jerry, i gotta tell ya, they already did and it’s called “my life”.

i'd play "my life" but the guy i share an office with doesn't like Dr. Alban

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

President Beep posted:

it was very poop on launch (literally just "do mmo dailies" with no actual game, and you had to be always online, and the servers were actual dogshit and went down constantly). i haven't looked to see if it got better.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

President Beep posted:

Yes, it's worth paying the fiver or so for a key these days. I played it a bunch in 2001 and got a couple hundred hours entertainment out of it, bought two friends a disc each for PS4 over xmas and they have put a load of time in as 2-up co-op.

It was poo poo when it launched, now the worst I'd say about it is the story feels a bit thin compared to a proper sp Fallout game.

If you used VATS as a crutch at all in your previous Fallouts you will probably be upset at the obvious-for-online-play no-slowdown VATS available here.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The worst thing about Fallout 76 is that basically nothing is explained anywhere and there's a lot of thing. (And it's not like there's a manual.)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The worst thing about Fallout 76 is that basically nothing is explained anywhere and there's a lot of thing. (And it's not like there's a manual.)

I'm sorry you don't have the Internet in your house Jerry.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

started playing the saboteur, seems like peak ps3/360-era open world gaming. it also appears to be one of the horniest games I’ve ever played

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jenny Agutter posted:

started playing the saboteur, seems like peak ps3/360-era open world gaming. it also appears to be one of the horniest games I’ve ever played

Exit the tity bar lmao.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://youtu.be/ToAEwPGF4eQ

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Exit the tity bar lmao.

no.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

if you toggle nudity off in the options it plays a voice clip of the exasperated protag saying “put the kids to bed already!”

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

drat. i’d like to try it but I’d have to play it on my computer and that’s not really conducive to my life, for me, right now. i need that poo poo on switch.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
ace combat 7 coming back to ps+ extra today. going to replay i think

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

more like arse wombat

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

been playing through the thieves guild storyline in pierim. been pretty good. did the college of winterhold one on another play through.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

path of radiance continues to be good

am state-scumming to avoid character death though

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Hotline Miami is definitely one of those games where either it clicks for you or it really doesn't. The plot is garbo imo, but easy enough to ignore and the gameplay loop is super satisfying to me. Can't believe they never released a level editor, could definitely see that game getting a healthy map maker scene going. Wait no I'm dumb, the sequel has one. Still need to play it at some point.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

The Fool posted:

am state-scumming to avoid character death though

get out

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

character permadeath in a game like this is not a design choice I enjoy so if I have an easy way to avoid it I will take it

If this wasnt on an emulator I'd just be reloading the regular save and whining about having to replay whole battles

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

The Fool posted:

character permadeath in a game like this is not a design choice I enjoy so if I have an easy way to avoid it I will take it

If this wasnt on an emulator I'd just be reloading the regular save and whining about having to replay whole battles

this is a can-do video game thread, not can't-do. if i wanted excuses i'd talk to my fail brother

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
The newer fire emblem games give you an in game rewind button.

The point isn't to force the player to accept permadeath, the point is to prevent the player from brute forcing encounters by sacrificing units because the battle system is balanced around you not being able to do that.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

a fixed set of rewinds is very good game design, vastly improved fire emblem and also part of what makes into the breach great.

slay the spire is one of my favorite games, but that too would be improved by a set number of rewinds, as i really lose most of my runs to momentary distraction or even misclicks. in a way that is not that fun.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Roosevelt posted:

this is a can-do video game thread, not can't-do. if i wanted excuses i'd talk to my fail brother

the brother who lives in your monitor, and you only ever see him when it's turned off?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

the brother who lives in your monitor, and you only ever see him when it's turned off?

i consider you my brother, Jerry

also i'm jk if i didn't savescum on every game i played i would have never completed a game

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I save, in SCUMM.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh hey that's another bad thing about Fallout 76: you can't really save.

Good thing: it's an actual 3-D game!?!?!?! sometimes you need to actually jump and climb to reach a goal! (I think the previous Fallout games together had like ONE such instance, and it wa s so obvious it may as well have been "push B to escape from poison room")

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

saves cum

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Jabor posted:

it was very poop on launch (literally just "do mmo dailies" with no actual game, and you had to be always online, and the servers were actual dogshit and went down constantly). i haven't looked to see if it got better.

the best thing was that the nuke launches that were supposed to take forever to unlock went off way in advance so that was a fun little hiccup early game

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

the best thing was that the nuke launches that were supposed to take forever to unlock went off way in advance so that was a fun little hiccup early game

so many ways to cheese that game. i started a new playthrough a while back to see what changed in the early game now that there are human npcs (nothing really), then got distracted with trying to explore the entire map as a level 5 by jumping in on events

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

currently addicted to wartales, it's like a tactical level mount & blade bannerlord with turn-based, isometric combat. not bad!

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

happy to report that Returnal™ is now kicking my rear end

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

damnit video games are supposed to be an escape from work

so dumb that there's no copy/paste in this terminal-driven game

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2tqg-rgjYg