Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

second life finds a way

thread title imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

it rules watching literal billionaires devolve into raving 4chan incels

and by it rules I mean we're all doomed

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
the funniest part is those guys will absolutely be the eunuch slaves of some warlord if poo poo ever hits the fan the way doomers think it will it will

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

Second waifu
Second waifu finds a way

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
can you imagine elon stuttering out commands and then some guy built like a brick shithouse just walks over and slaps the poo poo out of him?

they love to talk about how people today are "pussies" but they're absolutely softer than even most of us

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

can't wait to see some longshoreman named "Derf" force Andreesson to wear a gimp suit and dance around for his ravagers entertainment

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/tape2x/status/1584675734370525184

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

thank you for contributing to maintenance of the government infrastructure you just used

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Agile Vector posted:

second life finds a way

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
lol it tells you to call 311 if you wanna complain :discourse:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

he HAD TO take an uber because of VERY IMPORTANT zoom calls

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
they have wifi on trains now

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

can't have the peasants on the train hear my VERY IMPORTANT AND PRIVATE ZOOM CALL

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

it's ok for the uber driver to hear it though because I don't acknowledge their existence

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i didn't know uber even let you book trips that long, huh

can i have an uber driver haul me all the way across the country?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BMan posted:

can't have the peasants on the train hear my VERY IMPORTANT AND PRIVATE ZOOM CALL

you just know he’d start it in the quiet car

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

tried to tailgate into a tech recruiting event just now, but was turned away because I wasn't wearing a collared shirt and trousers :argh:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

trying to go into functions like that without pants is a crapshoot at best

basically i have bad news about your utilikilt

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shame Boy posted:

you can request most any ride - drivers don't have to accept it. you can definitely get ones that will drive you 45 minutes or so. i've done so for a brief period as a lawyer when i didn't have a car and i needed to get to the courthouse in the neighboring county for a hearing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah uber is still ostensibly a market/job board. no one is compelled to accept any given ride, because they're independent contractors*. you're free to post a 72-hour cross-country trip and the drivers are free to ignore it

*lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

remember when Facebook added status updates to Instagram, but only visible from the messages screen

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Shame Boy posted:

y'know i hate when anyone uses the term 'waifu' but i hate it when dumpy middle-aged dudes use it the most i think

what about when i became actual waifu radia for a few months

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Lady Radia posted:

did u get dumped already for another more titillating waifu?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Lady Radia posted:

nah that was p great

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

this fuckin guy

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Roosevelt posted:

can't wait to see some longshoreman named "Derf" force Andreesson to wear a gimp suit and dance around for his ravagers entertainment

sadly, Derf passed away back in 2010
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derf_Scratch

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I still don’t get what all the phrenology racist brainlords think should be done about the white birth “crisis,” I’ve never seen one of them advocate for making it less financially ruinous to have a kid, or for healthcare outcomes for pregnant people to improve

In fact it looks suspiciously like the exact system that makes people choose between having a career and a family and uses massive gender and age discrimination to disincentive babies is the one that made them all wealthy in the first place
:thunk:

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Childcare being higher than mortgage/rent aint helping.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

rotor posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derf_Scratch

i actually went to school with a kid named Derf irl. i think he ended up being a smokejumper captain or something equally badass

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

qirex posted:

I still don’t get what all the phrenology racist brainlords think should be done about the white birth “crisis,” I’ve never seen one of them advocate for making it less financially ruinous to have a kid, or for healthcare outcomes for pregnant people to improve

In fact it looks suspiciously like the exact system that makes people choose between having a career and a family and uses massive gender and age discrimination to disincentive babies is the one that made them all wealthy in the first place

they want to kill all the brown people OP

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

qirex posted:

who said anything about making women want to have babies? sounds like you think women have minds and rights and agency, like some kind of beta manlet

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

derf is alive, friend

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derf_Backderf

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

qirex posted:

ban soy, put testosterone in the water supply, make women into tradwives

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shame Boy posted:

chinese ridesharing apps have a special mode for this and people actually use it. normally its like, a dude has to drive 15 hours to another city anyway so why not let a couple strangers ride along for $100 each or w/e. ive used it a few times to get places when train tickets were already sold out

my wife and i just did this for a 15 hour drive back to shenzhen a few weeks ago. it cost us about $100 plus the driver asked everyone to chip in for tolls and he also picked up 2 other guys going the same way, all through a ridesharing app

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/tekbog/status/1628091627779522565

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the actual thing to do for copilot is to sit around and wait for the lawsuit barrage to be finished and judicial opinions to come out imo

Destroyenator
Dec 27, 2004

Don't ask me lady, I live in beer

fart simpson posted:

chinese ridesharing apps have a special mode for this and people actually use it. normally its like, a dude has to drive 15 hours to another city anyway so why not let a couple strangers ride along for $100 each or w/e. ive used it a few times to get places when train tickets were already sold out
i used one in france in 2010 and could not manage to pronounce the name “covoiturage” in a french accent. apparently still going but have rebranded blablacar, lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

microsoft: we will resolutely double down on deploying this worthless bullshit everywhere

as predicted, there is no level of failure that will prevent them from cramming their gpt engine into every single product line they own, whether or not it even makes any sense as a feature

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
bing, write me a presentation that will convince the HR AI to promote me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

infernal machines posted:

microsoft: we will resolutely double down on deploying this worthless bullshit everywhere

as predicted, there is no level of failure that will prevent them from cramming their gpt engine into every single product line they own, whether or not it even makes any sense as a feature

it’s not about product, feature, or sense. it’s about money. future bagholders see chatgpt and spew dollar signs everywhere, so don’t think about it too hard and just grift