Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i wanna see vasco v bon bon

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

when can i order this ppv

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

bonbon is a pro bopper

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bonbon's pooped like twice since swallowing the fleecy string bit. Havent seen it in her poop but I havent been breaking them up to find it, and her last poop was just now so I'm hoping its just fine. She's not showing any signs of blockage, still eating, playing, poopin and peeing. Dumdum, dont eat fleecy toy!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

BEEP BOOP

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Leon, Defender of the Sink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZimmYMW1H4

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
well I just got woken up cold from a nap to find out that patch took a really bad swipe at Chase and she's on her way to the evet now and I swear chase if after everything else it's an undersocialized rear end in a top hat cat that gets you chase please

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

neongrey posted:

well I just got woken up cold from a nap to find out that patch took a really bad swipe at Chase and she's on her way to the evet now and I swear chase if after everything else it's an undersocialized rear end in a top hat cat that gets you chase please

:ohdear: please be okay chase

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

okay they think it's just shock, she bit her tongue, they also noticed a presumably unrelated heart murmur which given her age I mean yeah no surprise

we've got antibiotics and painkillers for her now

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Rest up Chase. Hugs!

Aw Leon. How much time does he spend in the sink?

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

I call her boop a lot! Her record is 50 boops I'm a row before she stopped.

I hope chase is feeling better soon :(

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

dummy thicc

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

baby girl I love you but you need to more readily take your medicine sweetie

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

well, did you ?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

neongrey posted:

baby girl I love you but you need to more readily take your medicine sweetie

old gal looks so cold and tired :smith:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Polio Vax Scene posted:

old gal looks so cold and tired :smith:

She's going back to the vet now, she had like a seizure-- this is probably what it actually was last night too-- over by the food bowl in my bedroom and probably bit her tongue again

i wish i could be more precise but on my knees the fastest i could get over there it was only after she had stopped but before she had come out of it that i could get over there

my roommate's in the uber now, i cannot manage to unlock my knees well enough to go along so i'm just sitting here waiting

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
taps the thread title furiously

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

She's gone. :(

Per the vet she was likely to keep seizing like that and she'd lost a fair bit of weight recently-- and she was always on the skinny side-- and had gotten dehydrated. With her recent UTI I'd been trying to prepare myself for this kind of eventuality, since, you know, a nearly 21-year-old cat is very old, but she'd seemed fairly spry.

My sibling was with her and I'm told it was very peaceful. They'll be sending a card with a lock of fur and her paw prints.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Rest well Chase :cry:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
oh no! Rest In Peace chase

you were a great butler neongrey.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

neongrey posted:

Per the vet she was likely to keep seizing like that and she'd lost a fair bit of weight recently-- and she was always on the skinny side-- and had gotten dehydrated. With her recent UTI I'd been trying to prepare myself for this kind of eventuality, since, you know, a nearly 21-year-old cat is very old, but she'd seemed fairly spry.

My sibling was with her and I'm told it was very peaceful. They'll be sending a card with a lock of fur and her paw prints.

I'm so sorry

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sorry to hear that :(

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

neongrey posted:

Oh no I'm so sorry. No matter how old the pet or how prepared you are, it's the loss of a family member, but a family member who it sounds like had a long and wonderful life with you.

:sympathy:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

neongrey posted:

I'm sorry neongrey, 21 years is a hell of a long life for a catte and Chase was fortunate to spend so much of that with you.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Queen Gnome posted:

Oh no I'm so sorry. No matter how old the pet or how prepared you are, it's the loss of a family member, but a family member who it sounds like had a long and wonderful life with you.

:sympathy:

We've had her for about four years I think; we took her in when her old people moved to BC for work and couldn't find anywhere that would let them keep her, and having her stay here was less traumatic.

My sister's been in touch with them since they were work friends of hers-- she was one of theirs' childhood pet, I think, and with him far longer than with us. They're going to cover for them to save her ashes, it sounds like; we should be able to each keep some.

She was such a good girl...

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

neongrey posted:

We've had her for about four years I think; we took her in when her old people moved to BC for work and couldn't find anywhere that would let them keep her, and having her stay here was less traumatic.

My sister's been in touch with them since they were work friends of hers-- she was one of theirs' childhood pet, I think, and with him far longer than with us. They're going to cover for them to save her ashes, it sounds like; we should be able to each keep some.

Aw what a well loved car with a big family Chase was. Hugs to you all

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

chase ❤️

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm so sorry. Chase was so good and so loved, and she had an amazing run.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

neongrey posted:

Thank you for taking such good care of her and sharing her with us. ❤️

edit:

polyester concept posted:

hugging my ~20 year old cat rn

I had to go smoosh on Leon against his will :unsmith:

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

hugging my ~20 year old cat rn

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Here is a video from a couple years ago of chase just going ham on some yogurt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_izxj-HixE

Thank you, everyone.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

neongrey posted:

Here is a video from a couple years ago of chase just going ham on some yogurt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_izxj-HixE

Thank you, everyone.

Cats are so good and we are so lucky to have them, I hope chase brought you a lot of joy in your time together.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

RIP Chase :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sorry to hear about chase. 21 is a long run

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oh I'm so sorry, Neongrey. Chase was a grand old lady and you did so well by her.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thank you for taking care of Chase. What a sweet ol lady.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
rip chase, a wonderful friend who was very loved

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Chase <3

My heart goes out to you and yours, neongrey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Oh no, Chase sweetie!
I'm so sorry. :sympathy: