Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Chase was blessed to have you and knew she was loved. it's never easy to let them go. thank you for being such a good butler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
lots of posts in the cat thread :ohdear:

good cat. good cat butler

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

neongrey posted:

She's gone. :(

Per the vet she was likely to keep seizing like that and she'd lost a fair bit of weight recently-- and she was always on the skinny side-- and had gotten dehydrated. With her recent UTI I'd been trying to prepare myself for this kind of eventuality, since, you know, a nearly 21-year-old cat is very old, but she'd seemed fairly spry.

My sibling was with her and I'm told it was very peaceful. They'll be sending a card with a lock of fur and her paw prints.

Rest well Chase, a very pro cat who had a very good life.

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness
Old cats really are the best cats. Shout-out to my old lady back at my dad's place. She just hit 20 and still acts like the queen of the world. She'll also to steal your food and get mad at you if you dare to interrupt her time with my dad.

She'd hate me for posting such undignified images of her so jokes on her.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

rip Chase :(

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Queen Gnome posted:

Old cats really are the best cats.

they are. so sorry for your loss, neongrey. rest in peace, chase.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Aw, really sorry to see Chase go. She looked like a sweet old lady and I remember her health scare last year. May she get unlimited yogurt in catte heaven. :unsmith:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Queen Gnome posted:

Old cats really are the best cats. Shout-out to my old lady back at my dad's place. She just hit 20 and still acts like the queen of the world. She'll also to steal your food and get mad at you if you dare to interrupt her time with my dad.

She'd hate me for posting such undignified images of her so jokes on her.

I just wanted to say I love these pictures

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

RIP chase. may all cats be as fortunate to have as long a run and be as loved as her

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Seein the gf at home so its also time to see Vasco again, the absolute boy. :3

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 24, 2023

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
vastco

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

hes the biggest cat I know, a nice beefy 7 kg

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

the world still needs a Vasco v Bon Bon PPV event

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I'm looking at switching cat food (wet) to Tiki Cat from Royal Canin.

I know whenever the topic of food comes up, it's always pointed out that it's a regulated industry and you can't get something that's actively harmful or whatever, but looking up this food there's absolutely differences in % protein vs carbs and stuff in different products.

Anyone have anything to say about Tiki Cat? I'm spending like $9/day in cat food with Royal Canin and when I look at sites like Cats.com doing reviews, Royal Canin seems to cost more and offer less when compared to Tiki Cat. I'm always a bit skeptical about these tests but to my eye they seem objective and as evidence-based as possible.

Quill is super easy going on food and will eat anything. She hasn't seemed to express any preference or have had any kind of allergy. I alternate between two Royal Canin types (pate and little bits) and she's always thrilled whenever it's time to eat.

Thanks goons!

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

VelociBacon posted:

I'm looking at switching cat food (wet) to Tiki Cat from Royal Canin.

I know whenever the topic of food comes up, it's always pointed out that it's a regulated industry and you can't get something that's actively harmful or whatever, but looking up this food there's absolutely differences in % protein vs carbs and stuff in different products.

Anyone have anything to say about Tiki Cat? I'm spending like $9/day in cat food with Royal Canin and when I look at sites like Cats.com doing reviews, Royal Canin seems to cost more and offer less when compared to Tiki Cat. I'm always a bit skeptical about these tests but to my eye they seem objective and as evidence-based as possible.

Quill is super easy going on food and will eat anything. She hasn't seemed to express any preference or have had any kind of allergy. I alternate between two Royal Canin types (pate and little bits) and she's always thrilled whenever it's time to eat.

Thanks goons!

My cats (Sundae in particular) love Tiki Cat DRY food. I rotated their wet food through the cat buffet when Bandit was still around and I was trying to get him to eat more, and they liked it okay. It seemed well made and consistent. I'm currently giving Leon and Sundae Wellness Complete Health pate wet food a couple times a day and letting them free feed on Tiki Cat dry.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and love, everyone. This has been a real rough stretch of time for me (for example: today's my birthday :( ) so I really appreciate it.

here is maddie receiving the needful. she is very soft

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

neongrey posted:

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and love, everyone. This has been a real rough stretch of time for me (for example: today's my birthday :( ) so I really appreciate it.

It's been nearly 10 years since I butlered a cat, but he also died on my birthday. Rest well, dear friend Chase. And happy bday to you.

PokeJoe posted:

Cats are so good and we are so lucky to have them

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

cant stop smiling at this. thank you for my new wallpaper.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

chase was a great cat with a great butler

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

did jet get some ??

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

neongrey posted:

here is maddie receiving the needful. she is very soft

My parents lost their cat named Maddy and I recently lost my cat who looks a lot like your Maddie. Please give her extra scritches for me.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

I brought my Drake posted:

My parents lost their cat named Maddy and I recently lost my cat who looks a lot like your Maddie. Please give her extra scritches for me.

Yes of course, I'll pet her so much and mash my face into her for you.

Hartman
Dec 20, 2005
Blade Runner extrodinare
Miss Lucy saw a moth a couple nights ago

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

2️⃣

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

nudgenudgetilt posted:

cant stop smiling at this. thank you for my new wallpaper.

:catte: :tipshat:

graph posted:

did jet get some ??

yes!

and then he barfed it all up

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOR_lw3t9fU

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

Boots :3:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Cat!!

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

Noooo
She's a people.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

https://i.imgur.com/O5Zj2PF.mp4

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Thems fightin' woids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AdV2pUs-o4

(no actual fight took place, thankfully)

pls use speakers and post your cats reaction, thx

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

mostly just bunted me and my phone

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bonbon has really settled in nicely. Shes running around the place without a care. If I'm lying down she'll jump up and headbutt me and enjoys petting and purrs away at it. Still hissing at Pudding though.

Oh and she managed to somehow pee over the foot high side of the litter box today. :v

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(a brief reprieve from mayhem)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Little spoon. :’)