Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Zereth posted:

:sigh:
can somebody link where the new pages are?

They only seem to be in the raws for now: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/316190247048704205

Compare to (as of this posting) the translation: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/xnJYu5f/1/15/

The two added pages look like this, they're 2 panels before the big double page guts explosion:

Then all the following pages have the big guy down on the floor when he wasn't before.

There's also a woman swapped out for a different less-booby woman

Old:

New:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Sweet, thanks.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I love when the comic goes back to its roots: ridiculous Saitama superhero parody shenanigans.

Legitimately this for me.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Reading the latest official chapter:

Is this what Tornado considers dating/flirting? A full fight on fight or a test of wills.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I don't really see this as Tornado being into Saitama (but who knows) so much as being the protective older sister. Fubuki probably is tho. I feel like Tornado is crushing on Genos a bit after the whole thing what with getting his help.

Metal Bat remains one of the best characters tho. This whole arc has been amazing :allears:

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.
I'm gonna guess that the only person Tatsumaki has any amount of respect for is Blast.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Bybus Slago posted:

I'm gonna guess that the only person Tatsumaki has any amount of respect for is Blast.

don't forget King, The World's Strongest Man

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tatsumaki's the kind of stubborn that even after Silver Fang explains that you can date whoever you like, even if they're stronger than you, it'd still take her like 3 years to get it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Don't really get adding this thing about Tatsu not wanting Saitama to date Fubuki but still a good fight and after the monster association thing it's nice to see an extended battle that's pretty much all comedy.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Flair posted:

Reading the latest official chapter:

Is this what Tornado considers dating/flirting? A full fight on fight or a test of wills.

I think she just enjoys being able to use her powers more seriously

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like the change. the blizzard group might be scrubs, but they are devoted scrubs who try hard. it's better for them to try and fail as opposed to instantly failing without trying.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Don't really get adding this thing about Tatsu not wanting Saitama to date Fubuki but still a good fight and after the monster association thing it's nice to see an extended battle that's pretty much all comedy.

It's less sort of pointless romance arc to me and more "this dudes real numb to life" and making another one of those moments that should be sombre just hecking fun

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I thought the reason Tatsumaki's attacking Saitama was because she thought he was dating her sister. We know that when Saitama said he and Fubuki were "just acquaintances" that he truly meant it, but it probably sounded like a suspicious denial to someone as overprotective as Tatsumaki.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

amigolupus posted:

I thought the reason Tatsumaki's attacking Saitama was because she thought he was dating her sister. We know that when Saitama said he and Fubuki were "just acquaintances" that he truly meant it, but it probably sounded like a suspicious denial to someone as overprotective as Tatsumaki.

That's him being generally numb to everything. He's not purposely obtuse, but he doesn't give enough of a poo poo about anything to know how he comes across.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

amigolupus posted:

No theres no romantic bent to it, misunderstood or otherwise.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's less sort of pointless romance arc to me and more "this dudes real numb to life" and making another one of those moments that should be sombre just hecking fun

Oh yeah, I don't think there's a romance going on but this fight is what was ongoing when I caught up to the webcomic years ago and its striking how a lot of it so far is almost an exact recreation (perhaps not surprising because why would you change the gags) so what changes are there stand out to me.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

She's just being protective of her sister and annoyed at Saitama telling her to not just kill people, and also now annoyed that keeps just no selling everything

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

pik_d posted:

There's also a woman swapped out for a different less-booby woman

Old:

New:

Why remove a Lily appearance!? This is a travesty

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

UP AND ADAM posted:

Why remove a Lily appearance!? This is a travesty

Lily is there, she's just fighting the dude now instead of just standing there.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's quite a surprisingly phoned in edit to get rid of her for Muratas standards. You still see her silhouette and everything!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
poor metal bat. you would think the heros association would provide chauffeur for the s class heros...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If they could cooperate beyond beating something to death, you'd think Child Emperor would have a hovercarft or rocketsleigh or something for Metal Bat, King, Atomic Samurai, Darkshine, and Silver Fang.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Continues to be the best manga out there.

Last 2 chapters have been delightful.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Since Metal Bat gets stronger the more damage he takes, do you think he runs faster the longer he's run for? Or does the strength only apply to his bat?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Run until sufficiently worn out, then hit himself with the bat to propel himself

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I would date Fubuki and I don't care how hard Tatsumaki would try to kill me for it.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i like the change. the blizzard group might be scrubs, but they are devoted scrubs who try hard. it's better for them to try and fail as opposed to instantly failing without trying.

The blizzard group feels like C-Rankers that stumbled into B rank somehow. They know they shouldn't be there but they have a cool boss that bails them out. Think of the cool bosses you've worked for in the past, how far would you go for them if they were getting you an extra 20-30k plus benefits? (Assuming sub 6 figure American standards).

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

I would date Fubuki and I don't care how hard Tatsumaki would try to kill me for it.

But would Fubuki date you?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

thetoughestbean posted:

But would Fubuki date you?

That's up to her, isn't it?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Shugojin posted:

She's just being protective of her sister and annoyed at Saitama telling her to not just kill people, and also now annoyed that keeps just no selling everything

You say that but I think there is a clear level of enjoyment that she's getting at being able to flex on him without (with minimal?) restraint, even if he shrugs it all off. She's like a dog with a chew toy at the moment.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I would settle for KING looking at me just once

copy
Jul 26, 2007

thats just science facts

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

OnimaruXLR posted:

You say that but I think there is a clear level of enjoyment that she's getting at being able to flex on him without (with minimal?) restraint, even if he shrugs it all off. She's like a dog with a chew toy at the moment.

she's been grinning like a moron ever since they went outside, she's clearly having a great time

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I would buy almost the entire cast an ice cream cone

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Everyone is thirsty for Saitama and he's only thirsty for going home to chill

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Saitama is also thirsty for a good grocery sale. Discount beef baby.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The junk collector posted:

Saitama is also thirsty for a good grocery sale. Discount beef baby.

The reveal of why Saitama is freaking out during the Carnage Kabuto fight was just wonderful :allears:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

For a man with an oppai hoodie Saitama is astonishingly free of libido

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mr. Lobe posted:

For a man with an oppai hoodie Saitama is astonishingly free of libido

Very much get the sense he bought it because it was on sale or got handed it as a freebie at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I want to date the hero that's the meanest to me and wants me around the least.