Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Gnossiennes posted:

the pavlova shell came out great!! sunk a little away from the outer layer, but who cares, that's just room for more cream.

it's loving MASSIVE tho. in the future I'll probably halve the recipe or make mini pavlovas.

big beautiful pavlova:

it's good!!

would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

ty for kind words all, definitely try make one, they're pretty easy!!! just gotta be patient with the mixing. meringue owns bones.

this one came out tasty but yeah, next one is gonna be half size at most, maybe smaller. and maybe citrus fruits instead. tarter fruit seems like a good choice with how sweet the meringue is. maybe cherry and citrus?

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
that’s awesome and I’d steal some out of the fridge :australia::nz: :australia::nz: :australia::nz: :australia::nz: :australia::nz:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Gnossiennes posted:

ty for kind words all, definitely try make one, they're pretty easy!!! just gotta be patient with the mixing. meringue owns bones.

this one came out tasty but yeah, next one is gonna be half size at most, maybe smaller. and maybe citrus fruits instead. tarter fruit seems like a good choice with how sweet the meringue is. maybe cherry and citrus?

my first thought was a meyer lemon or key lime compote. i have no idea what pavlova tastes like though

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

Boston cream donuts are the best. drat I want some now

sagebrush was right?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

up at 3:30 am after going to be at 11 not bad for trying to readjust and no ambien to force sleep. was going to try to get one more hour in but noticed wife was awake. was going to tell her to put her phone down but the she started crying cause she got her period.

really thought the vacation sex would do it. i even bought her a charm at a temple for good luck. this is frustrating cause we're doing our part.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

are u trying for a baby?

better luck next month after the charm has had time to act :)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
sad news is i’m not in vietnam anymore but good news is i get to take a train

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

are u trying for a baby?

better luck next month after the charm has had time to act :)

thank you. we've been trying for real for the past year and a half. we've done some non-invasive stuff at the fertility doc. this doc wants to skip iui and go straight to ivf so that's a choice we have to make now.

anyway. we took being up early to get our souvenir suitcases unpacked and sorted. have everything set up for peeps in bags. very good use of time.

wife went back to sleep i've put on futbol so i will probably take a sports nap.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
today's highlight: the back of my hand is all bloody because i figured the ice on my car would just break up and fall off if i gave it a good whack :downs:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

it probably would, just not if you hit it with your soft, fleshy body

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

President Beep posted:

yeah it’s called “your eyes, your hands, and a keyboard “

Unfortunately there was a fatal 1-D 10T error between the keyboard and chair :eng99:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://youtu.be/4zq2f6k-ELY

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

last day of ESA, flying back tomorrow. it’s been fun, sweden is a chill place, emphasis on the CHILL jesus

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Fertility is cruel and capricious. There are calendars, moon windows, diets, and salt lamps that you can get lost in. After I boiled down all the schedules I learned that if you just bang out once every 3 days you will hit one of those fertility windows by brute force

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

Fertility is cruel and capricious. There are calendars, moon windows, diets, and salt lamps that you can get lost in. After I boiled down all the schedules I learned that if you just bang out once every 3 days you will hit one of those fertility windows by brute force

hm this seems much better than trying for 10 days in a row during the "window" and tapping out around day 7-8 due to friction being a thing.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i put in 10 job applications

on a saturday

:negative:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Beeftweeter posted:

i put in 10 job applications

on a saturday

:negative:

i’ll be hiring if i get this grant

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

KidDynamite posted:

hm this seems much better than trying for 10 days in a row during the "window" and tapping out around day 7-8 due to friction being a thing.

afaict the whole "window" thing is kind of bullshit

i don't have kids but my dad is an IVF doctor. from overhearing his calls (quite a while ago, so take this with a grain of salt) it sounds like that method isn't much better than random chance

anyway good luck with it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

bump_fn posted:

i’ll be hiring if i get this grant

lol unironically would love to work with you

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Beeftweeter posted:

lol unironically would love to work with you

do u have a phd in theoretical physics if so pm me

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

bump_fn posted:

i... have played both half-life games

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
my understanding is that condensed matter and nonlinear sfi poo poo is the usual mere academia knifefight for jobs but hep astro and particle is where the real throat-cutting happens

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i find physics pretty interesting but i think i've always been too poor at computational math to do it effectively. dyscalculia really fucks me there

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

you have a theoretical degree in physics iow. nearly the same

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Broken Machine posted:

this is the best joke in all of fonv

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Broken Machine posted:

lol

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

bob dobbs is dead posted:

my understanding is that condensed matter and nonlinear sfi poo poo is the usual mere academia knifefight for jobs but hep astro and particle is where the real throat-cutting happens

i'm not awfully fond of condensed or powdered milk, come to think of it

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

apologies, posting a little strange this morning due to too much coffee and not enough sleep

mystes
May 31, 2006

hopefully not vietnamese coffee

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

condensed milk is extremely good.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Beeftweeter posted:

if you have access to photoshop you can prob have a phd in anything you want quickly enough

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
plot point in that bongjoonho movie

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

KidDynamite posted:

condensed milk is extremely good.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm sorry, it's just not for me.. but i'm glad people enjoy it since enjoying things is rad

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

bump_fn posted:

theoretically yes

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

efb

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gnossiennes posted:

the pavlova shell came out great!! sunk a little away from the outer layer, but who cares, that's just room for more cream.

it's loving MASSIVE tho. in the future I'll probably halve the recipe or make mini pavlovas.

big beautiful pavlova:

it's good!!

yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
bash a bit apart to make eton mess imo