Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lol scott adams being an even bigger poo poo than usual

quote:

Scott Adams, the creator of the internationally syndicated Dilbert comic strip, unleashed a racist rant this week on YouTube, saying Black people are a hate group and “I don’t wanna have anything to do with ’em” — a statement that is being met with condemnation, including the cancellation of his cartoons from newspapers.

Adams, a Bay Area resident, made the offensive comments on his “Real Coffee with Scott Adams” video show, after erroneously concluding that a poll had found “nearly half of all Blacks are not OK with white people.” He was referring to a recent Rasmussen Reports survey of 1,000 American adults who were asked whether they agreed with the statement “It’s ok to be white,” a phrase the Anti-Defamation League has labeled as hate speech. Yet, according to Rasmussen, 72% of Americans agreed with the statement, including 53% of Black respondents. Twenty-two percent of Americans disagreed with the statement, including 26% of Black respondents.

“If nearly half of Blacks are not OK with white people — according to this poll, not according to me, according to this poll — uh that’s a hate group,” Adams said on his show. “That’s a hate group and I don’t wanna have anything to do with ‘em. And I would say the best advice I could give to white people is to get the hell away from Black people.”

“It makes no sense whatsoever as a white citizen of America to try to help Black citizens anymore,” he said. Adams furthered his offensive rant by saying that he escaped by living in a neighborhood with a “very low” Black population.

It’s not the first time Adams has enraged the public. After the 2019 shooting at the Gilroy Garlic Festival, he tried to profit off the tragedy by encouraging witnesses to sign up for an app he created.

the neighborhood with the "very low" Black population is of course Danville, CA, one of the richest towns in the country and one of two republican zip codes in the bay area

the best part is this though

quote:

The [San Francisco] Chronicle stopped carrying Dilbert last October after strips that, among other things, joked that reparations, proposed for African Americans because of slavery, can be claimed by underperforming office workers and that to get around efforts to diversify workplaces straight men should pretend they are gay, said Emilio Garcia-Ruiz, editor in chief.

“His strip went from being hilarious to being hurtful and mean,” he said. “Very few readers noticed when we killed it and we only had a handful of complaints. We had many more complaints when we stopped other strips.”

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/dilbert-17805004.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jesus that guy sucks so bad

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Sagebrush posted:

the neighborhood with the "very low" Black population is of course Danville, CA, one of the richest towns in the country and one of two republican zip codes in the bay area

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1629552302381056000

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
(it is neither an interesting question or a tongue twister)

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

google should just have someone you can email and they go find the website you want for you in google's card catalog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxqca4RQd_M

still good

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

is that profile picture some phrenology poo poo?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i wonder where in the bay area he lives and if i can just hang around the whole foods nearby and yell at him when he shows up

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
scott made his money, he can say anything he wants for the rest of his life and will still take his last breath on a golden bed

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

i wonder where in the bay area he lives and if i can just hang around the whole foods nearby and yell at him when he shows up
as has been mentioned many times, danville

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

FMguru posted:

as has been mentioned many times, danville

ugh bridge people

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

scott made his money, he can say anything he wants for the rest of his life and will still take his last breath on a golden bed

alone and bitter.

Remember that Instagram model he was married to? Yeah she got pregnant and divorced his rear end and I assume now he owes her child support for 18 years. Queen

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

for a while there was a story getting repeated on these forums that in the 1960s lockheed had run pine wood through the nuclear reactor at GANL and through a mysterious radioactive process it became incredibly strong and glossy and they called it LOCKWOOD.

i wasn't aware of any process that could do that and was very interested in how it could happen, so i dug around a bit and found a reference to an issue of the lockheed corporate quarterly magazine from that era that contained the word "lockwood." it was only available in a box in the basement of georgia tech's library.

i called our library's reference desk and made an ILL request and had a scan of the article in my email inbox by the end of the week. it turns out that it wasn't a mysterious transformation of the wood with the power of the atom -- they just soaked wood blocks in acrylic monomer and then cured it with gamma radiation into a polymer composite. still very cool but much more mundane and no supernatural processes involved.

i love the library

yeah you posted the PDF here iirc it was a good read

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

i like the tacit admission that as white people we should only ever help other human beings if they blow sufficient amounts of smoke up our asses

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

wasn't that rear end in a top hat's old twitter pic him with a BLM mug?

gently caress him

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

every one of scott adams' posts always sound like a weasely little poo poo who's terrified of absolutely everything, explaining to himself why he's doing something stupid. like didn't he have this whole thing about how he was voting for hillary because he was afraid women would be mad at him or something?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can explain most things about scott adams if you learn he was management at bell, not line eng. the pointy haired boss was him all along

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

every one of scott adams' posts always sound like a weasely little poo poo who's terrified of absolutely everything, explaining to himself why he's doing something stupid. like didn't he have this whole thing about how he was voting for hillary because he was afraid women would be mad at him or something?

No, better: he was voting for Hillary because he believed that Hillary winning would incite a race war, and if he hadn't voted for her, he would be targeted for assassination by a woke mob. He repeated this again in 2020, saying that Republicans would be killed in the streets if Biden won the election.

I guess he's just been a boogaloo guy forever

bob dobbs is dead posted:

you can explain most things about scott adams if you learn he was management at bell, not line eng. the pointy haired boss was him all along

I mean really he kind of gave it away from the beginning by making a cartoon where the entire premise is that everyone is stupid except the main character, who is a smug rear end in a top hat

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 26, 2023

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lmao

https://twitter.com/bgates420/status/1404815200444899340

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i like that the top ingredient is testosterone :allears:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

what's in Scott's favorite "T" salsa?

e: lol it says right there. AndroGel Testosterone whatever the gently caress that is

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

i like that the top ingredient is testosterone :allears:

in the salsa and filling :wtc:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Roosevelt posted:

what's in Scott's favorite "T" salsa?

e: lol it says right there. AndroGel Testosterone whatever the gently caress that is

and androderm, which i'm pretty sure is a different kind of testosterone

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

also, why would a pro athlete freeze a loving dilberito, for 19 years, and then decide to eat it right before a competition

why

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

because they needed an excuse for popping hot

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its a bit

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Shame Boy posted:

and androderm, which i'm pretty sure is a different kind of testosterone

to keep your man-skin soft and supple

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

damnit

http://web.archive.org/web/19991013000215/http://dilberito.com/mexican.htm

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol this game looks terrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFV3ihAQAyY

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

please tell me no one actually thought there was testosterone in the burrito. no one is that credulous/i don't even know what to call it right? am i about to be disappointed?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

i had a disk with a bunch of these as a kid, i think it came with a calendar or something

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Achmed Jones posted:

please tell me no one actually thought there was testosterone in the burrito. no one is that credulous/i don't even know what to call it right? am i about to be disappointed?

this is yospos, you know they are

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

it would not surprise me, american food standards are pretty lax

however, if it did, it's unlikely to be on the label

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

don't hurt me like this im

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

didn't Adams actually get testosterone shots though?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

didn't Adams actually get testosterone shots though?

probably? he looks 80 years old

that would surprise me even less

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1629652897775378433
https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1629654572930301953

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Roosevelt posted:

i feel like if you can comfortably slash 10s of thousands of jobs, destroying that many people's livelihoods, after burning through 9000 billion dollars on a personal pet project, you should have your assets seized and be put under examination so we can study these sociopaths and figure out how to get rid of them

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Achmed Jones posted:

it's a food item made by insecure idiot scott adams, i was genuinely ready to believe it was full of things he thinks will make him into a Real Man

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol elon deleted it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

edit: those spoofs have aged worse than i remembered.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 26, 2023