Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
what was it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i hope it was I'M SPURTIN' HERE

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
set sail for dick

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
https://twitter.com/CritterJams/status/1521171487553724416

this will probably be the funniest dilbert strip and it's completely unintentional

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Beeftweeter posted:

https://twitter.com/CritterJams/status/1521171487553724416

this will probably be the funniest dilbert strip and it's completely unintentional

hahahaha

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

alone and bitter.

Remember that Instagram model he was married to? Yeah she got pregnant and divorced his rear end and I assume now he owes her child support for 18 years. Queen
looks like dilbertman regularly gets taken to the cleaners by what i assume are camgirls
https://twitter.com/BlakeTapper/status/1521119644488290304
imagine admitting that you surrendered your wallet to the Wallet Inspector five or more times

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

FMguru posted:

looks like dilbertman regularly gets taken to the cleaners by what i assume are camgirls
https://twitter.com/BlakeTapper/status/1521119644488290304
imagine admitting that you surrendered your wallet to the Wallet Inspector five or more times

let me guess, the number of times changes depending on how crypto is doing that week

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

fart simpson posted:

chinese ridesharing apps have a special mode for this and people actually use it. normally its like, a dude has to drive 15 hours to another city anyway so why not let a couple strangers ride along for $100 each or w/e. ive used it a few times to get places when train tickets were already sold out

my wife and i just did this for a 15 hour drive back to shenzhen a few weeks ago. it cost us about $100 plus the driver asked everyone to chip in for tolls and he also picked up 2 other guys going the same way, all through a ridesharing app

I used a few carpooling sites in the 00s; they were all very fun and the second they became big enough, one of the major car rental places would buy them out and immediately shut them down lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Raluek posted:

set sail for dick

it was this one, which isn't awful but the other 20 had a little too much bullshit to feel good about linking to.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

BMan posted:

let me guess, the number of times changes depending on how crypto is doing that week

it's the number of wives he remembers having

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

i don't like it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

^O<|A

looks like a mangled OCR job

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

did they hire kia's logo design studio?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

really not understanding this trend of making brand names unreadable

mystes
May 31, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

i don't like it
It's like it's in the process of falling apart so maybe a good logo?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Beeftweeter posted:

really not understanding this trend of making brand names unreadable

its selling to execs at the company who think about the brand all day every day vs selling to us randos who give 0 fucks about the brand

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i mean, there is a reason they didn't change it for so long, through different owners: it's extremely recognizable

i feel like most younger people that don't remember The Good Nokia will probably just think this is some ODM brand now, and they wouldn't be wrong

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i did it all for the ^◯<|A

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Beeftweeter posted:

^O<|A

looks like a mangled OCR job

yeah lol. ヘ〇く|ム?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

OldAlias posted:

yeah lol. ヘ〇く|ム?

oh that's a much better A, I was looking at Weird Unicode Symbols and couldn't find a great one

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

apparently this is nokia's original logo from 1865, why don't they just bring back this i would totally buy a Weird Fish Phone

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
it looks like what Elon musk is going to name his next kid

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
old tech logos can be great

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

apparently this is nokia's original logo from 1865, why don't they just bring back this i would totally buy a Weird Fish Phone

Nokia hasn’t made phones in like 9 years

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."

Beeftweeter posted:

i don't like it

immediately reminds me of the verge's stunningly craptastic redesign

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Jonny 290 posted:

old tech logos can be great

this one's way too detailed to be legible at small sizes. the rainbow apple was the best one of theirs because it still had some personality

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Beeftweeter posted:

i don't like it

they should get a refund, someone stole a bunch of parts of their logo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Internet Janitor posted:

immediately reminds me of the verge's stunningly craptastic redesign

that's probably the color scheme and lovely chopped off text

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

remember beagle bros

we used beagleworks on our apple //e for a long time

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Elder Postsman posted:

remember beagle bros

we used beagleworks on our apple //e for a long time

all that old timey imagery and they didn't write it "soft ware". smh.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Nokia hasn’t made phones in like 9 years

i thought that this can't be right since there are a bunch of nokia branded featurephones i see marketed to older and non technical people all the time, but you are right, those seem to be manufactured by some other company and nokia just licenses their brand

on the other hand wikipedia tells me that nokia has 80k employees and 22b revenue as of 2021 which comes as a surprise to me, but that's because i am a dumbass who forgot that they actually make a lot of hardware for mobile networks themselves

e: but that logo design looks like someone is about to release a nft

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

afaik "nokia" phones are actually developed by the ODM HMD Global

but this rebranding is apparently being done by the actual finnish nokia. there isn't much detail but the reuters article is here

https://www.reuters.com/technology/nokia-changes-iconic-logo-signal-strategy-shift-2023-02-26/

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

checking out nokia's history they are basically the finnish equivalent to a chaebol-zaibatsu

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Elder Postsman posted:

remember beagle bros

beagle bros rules

http://beagle.applearchives.com/index.htm
https://stevenf.com/beagle/

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
really, chaebol-zaibatsu is the ordinary form of megacorp and its an anglo and west europe aberration that anglo and eueo-style megacorps are done the way they are

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 26, 2023

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

carry on then posted:

this one's way too detailed to be legible at small sizes. the rainbow apple was the best one of theirs because it still had some personality

otoh it is kind of an interesting own to have a logo that your products can render but competitors can't. not that that was ever true with that one, but there was absolutely a mac moment where they could have done something of the sort.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

4lokos basilisk posted:

checking out nokia's history they are basically the finnish equivalent to a chaebol-zaibatsu
ligma chaebols

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Kenny Logins posted:

ligma chaebols

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

why don't you zaibatsuck on deez nuts Kenny????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
BRUN
BLOAF
BLOMARF